Bronze Saber Crystal...?

I decided to change the color of my orange lightsaber, so I went to T3 to upgrade my saber, and lo and behold, I noticed that what I thought was an orange crystal was actually called a bronze crystal, with a strange description of its color being something usually used in holovids or something equally techy. Weird, huh? In my inventory I had regular orange crystals, yellow, green, blue, red, cyan, silver, silver-green (the Vir-something-one :devil: ) and violet, and now a bronze crystal. Anyone else found the bronze crystal or any other color not listed in the Prima Guide?

I don't think it's a bug. I've got two of them in my inventory, and they even have a different graphic on their selection screen. They're described as being brownish-orange, I think it was, but it just looks orange to me.

Come to think of it, I never found bronze crystals on my first play through, as dark side. Only on my second time through as light side did they show up. But that probably doesn't have anything to do it, as the items are random.

Yeah, but I have crystals that say orange, and crystals that say bronze. Okay, just switched between the two: there is a difference in the color. Not drastic, but one is more orange, one more brownish. Definately not a bug.

I read somewhere it's a special color for Hight Def TV's and computer moniters...

But It just looks orange to me.

I got one off the Dead Jedi Chick in the cage, and one for completeing the Shrine in the cave on Korobon. After beating Reven's vision. It was a DBL saber. I accually it both times i played through. After beating reven each time, i got a bronze DBL saber.

I think it's supposted to be Bastalis saber. May be different depending on who you answered your KoToR 1 questions, but i answered them the same each time, and got the saber each time. (LS Male Reven)

KingSnake. (just adding my 2 cents.)

No clue. :ermm: Out of a crate on Dantooine I think. I got it about half way through the game. I don't think I like the randomized item system. I like to know I've gotten all the cool items, not that I probably missed out on half of them. <_<

I read somewhere it's a special color for Hight Def TV's and computer moniters...

But It just looks orange to me.

I got one off the Dead Jedi Chick in the cage, and one for completeing the Shrine in the cave on Korobon.  After beating Reven's vision.  It was a DBL saber.  I accually it both times i played through.  After beating reven each time, i got a bronze DBL saber.

I think it's supposted to be Bastalis saber. May be different depending on who you answered your KoToR 1 questions, but i answered them the same each time, and got the saber each time. (LS Male Reven)

KingSnake. (just adding my 2 cents.)

yeah thats similar to how i recieved mine,now that i remember.i got it from another saber i found.i dont think i got it from revan though.and the high def thing sounds likely,cause without one you can hardly tell the difference in color.you literaly have to squint at it for a bit.

well,as i said,you can only see a tell tale difference by comparing a bronze saber and an orange saber side by side.however,even then its tough to make out the difference,its fairly subtle.im afraid without a high def screen,we wont really get to see them the way they were meant to be seen.

I got one off the Dead Jedi Chick in the cage, and one for completeing the Shrine in the cave on Korobon.  After beating Reven's vision.  It was a DBL saber.  I accually it both times i played through.  After beating reven each time, i got a bronze DBL saber.

Heh, that's how I got my bronze saber crystal too.

You heard wrong. High definition technology has nothing to do with colors. It merely has to do with compression and decompression of the signal as well as the electronic scan lines. All signals are high definition originally, it's just that the signal quality is reduced through various mediums and degrades the lines of resolution. HD also is progressive while standard TV is interlaced (although 1080 interlaced is considered HD, which shows you how arbitrary the term HD really is). Interlaced signals only do a scan of half of the screen every 60th of a second, while progressive TV's do a scan of the entire screen. How many of you were aware that High Definition technology TV's have been around (in the development phase) since the late 70's? (No, I am not kidding.) Congress has been passing resolutions for the TV broadcast industry to upgrade its systems to HD technology for decades now -- it just hasn't happened yet. "HD" is nothing new, and as I pointed out, the term "HD" is arbitrary and was designated by one TV manufacturer over the others.

Quote from an article written by a Professor:

Early in the 1980s, movie producers were offered a high-definition television system developed by Sony and NHK in the late 70s. This system (called NHK Hi-vision) and its variants are capable of producing images having essentially the same detail as 35 mm film[1].

For a good history of the development of HDTV written by a PhD, see:

Link: http://www.ee.washington.edu/conselec/CE/kuhn/hdtv/95x5.htm

There is indeed a bronze cystal in the game. I too have received it. To me it looks virtually the same as orange (and I have a HD TV --- Hitachi 46' F500). I know it is bronze because the crystal graphic is different than the orange graphic (at the workbench) and it actually says "bronze crystal."

People who say that it doesnt exist because it is "not in the guide" are naive. Guides are pre-released before the game, and they are often taken from older pre-release builds of the game. A good example of this is the screen shot someone posted of Atris wearing black. Nowhere in the real game does she wear black, the guides are just WRONG!

Quit taking the Guides as gospel, folks.