KOTOR 3 Suggestions

After looking up some of the Mandalore info in the game, I really do believe that the Planet Mandalore should be in the next game. It seems the game doesn't take into account that the Planet Mandalore does exist, and Canderous should know this. Why hasn't he gone back and see if the many planet of the Mandalore Sector have many more Mandalorians? He's so scared that there are only few, but why not go back home and see if there are many? This is a plot hole that I believe needs to be shown to finish up the Mandalorian part of the story.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

Actually, I don't think Kreia meant the True Sith were actually a race. She says "Sith are an ideal" and "True Sith" in one blow, implying that whatever is beyond the outer rim is the "True Threat," the "True Sith."

I wonder if you'll ever grow up and realize how totally childish and, frankly, not that all-knowing you were in the days of trolling the Obsidian boards...

ok, i think i got a great idea for k3. First of all instead of having to worry about how you played revan and the exile. Lets go in the past...back 100 years or so before K1. For this we can create a new character who has new partners and we dont ahve to worry about what happened with the 2 pc's... of course people will say that "oh, then ur pcs actions wouldnt be in the first and second game and that would be dumb." OF course everything can't be perfect but playing the past would be WAY better in my oponion. Also as for it coming out for the new xbox... I doubt it, xbox 2 (code name Xenon) most likely won't come out for about 5 years.

1. The Source Engine. Imagine Force powers that actually effect the environment around you. Imagine the visuals of Half Life 2 and Vampire: Bloodlines with lightsabers and going zotty-zotty on some baddies in that engine.

2. The Source Engine. Look at how NPC's have facial reactions in Half Life 2. Combine that with KOTOR:2's influence system. That's gold people.

3. The Source Engine. Combine two of the best selling and best praised franchises in video-game history by using the Half-Life 2 engine with KOTOR:3

1. The Source Engine.  Imagine Force powers that actually effect the environment around you.  Imagine the visuals of Half Life 2 and Vampire: Bloodlines with lightsabers and going zotty-zotty on some baddies in that engine.

2. The Source Engine.  Look at how NPC's have facial reactions in Half Life 2.  Combine that with KOTOR:2's influence system.  That's gold people.

3. The Source Engine.  Combine two of the best selling and best praised franchises in video-game history by using the Half-Life 2 engine with KOTOR:3

Source may be too technically different. Source was written for action/FPS games. While it may work with an RPG, why risk trying to make it work? Go with a newer engine designed for RPG like Eclipse? I haven't seen it in action first-hand yet, but it looks like a next-gen engine for the genre. I'm no programmer, but I'd have to imagine that an RPG engine has got to be able to handle things an FPS doesn't, and vice versa.

I haven't played TSL yet (pc user), but based on some of the initial reports, I would think tying up loose ends is a necessity.

And my biggest suggestion would be to enhance the physical attributes of character creation.

KOTOR 3 needs:

Plot: Your Party has set out to aid/rescue Revan and the Exile out in wherever they are.

Party:

Your PC (some Jedi)

Carth Onasi OR Bastila Shan (wants his/her Revan back)

T3-M4

HK-47 (Droids are always there)

Mandalore (wants to kill stuff, as usual)

Handmaiden OR Disciple OR Visas Marr OR Atton Rand(whichever you romance in KOTOR2)

Yuthura Ban (for kicks)

The rest should be new characters.

"You shall not pass!"

I think Canderous should be like Carth was in KOTOR 2, a non playable character. Canderous is Mandalore now, he needs to lead the Mandalorians not follow other Jedi on damned crusades. Having Mandalore help out the PC is fine, like sending his small fleet to help the republic or sith.

Other things NUKIE Wants.

1.Better NPC interaction. I hear KOTOR 2 isn't good with this, in terms of say Kriea or Altris having words.

2.A member of the Shysa clan should be in the next game. Fenn Shysa would be the leader of the Mandalorians post ESB, and as of right now still is. This of course is Marvel(which has RETURNED as continuity according to LFL), which I don't believe was one of the sources studied in the making of the game. Concidering Krieas comments on the fall of the Mandalorians, I would believe the devs were thinking Open Season comics as the end. NOPE,NOPE,NOPE. So I would like to a member of the Shysa clan in the next game, not a Party member of course, but a character like the other NPC Mandalorians. And don't forget the Irish accent. You devs should read some of the Marvel stuff, it quite good. And please give the Mandalorians a little hope for the future next time, LFL has now decided(according to a writer of Insider who is writing a Mandalorian Article) that the Mandalorians should go on.

3.New looking ships

4. Give Mandalore his RED Mask back please

5. The planet Mandalore( I know I've said it once, but I'm a Mandalorian fan ;)" )

KOTOR 2 must be completed

An epic space battle that we take part it.  It doesn't have to be twitchy, but you shouldn't be on a planet or station and miss out on it.

I think that's one thing I miss in the series so far (I haven't played KOTOR2, so if it's in there, nevermind this comment). It would be neat if you could somehow "influence" a space battle in the same way you control your character. Maybe by being able to "level up" the Ebon Hawk or at the very least, some kind of large ship mission where you're involved in a battle.

Yeah I started to ramble there. I had an idea what I was thinking about but lost it quite quickly. :)

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I recall one of the devs (either Akari or the Morgan Man) commenting that allowing players full control over the Ebon Hawk (ie. X-Wing or TIE fighter control) wasn't possible with the current engine. But I wonder if allowing "turn based" combat control, such as individual combat but with space ships instead of party members, would be?

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'm about halfway through KOTOR 2 when I made these suggestions, keep that in mind please...

1. Both Revan and The Exile in the game. One on the Light Side, the other on the Dark. And you can pick which one you play as... just a thought.

2. Definatley more interaction with NPCs, and more interaction between them.

3. XBOX LIVE... somehow.

4. Make it more of an action game (a 'Halo'-like 'Jedi Accademy' game)

5. Definatley needs a new graphical engine. AND fighting engine, because if it wasn't for the storyline and characters, the games would be boring, in my opinion.

6. More faces for your character you create... who here has SEEN the astronomical number of options for faces in the 'Create a wreastler' modes for wreastling games? It's insaine.

7. Play as an Alien race, not just human.

8. Of course, take advantage of XBox Next's huge number of features (it's not just going to be more powerful, of course).

9. Think of the possibilites of the XBox headset, the kinds of commands you could order... if only acouple short responses ("Yes," "No,")

That's all I can think of, but I'm sure BIOWARE has ideas ten times better than that, cuz the know exactly what they're doing.

Agreed what you are asking for is a better Jedi Knight game, not a better KOTOR.

I would like to see those things in the the next installment of JK series (as I do enjoy these games).

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

More customisation options for the pc, space battles (@ least 1), more stable frame rate, less bugs/glitches, bigger planets, more planets

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

I think it be cool to start a character with Sith background instead of Ex-Jedi. Just offer a different player view like the Opposite Force for Half Life. Better yet, he/she battles Raven or Exile in some critical battle at the beginning of game and get knock unconscious. Wake up with every one he/she knew dead and being hunted by the Republic. Start a story of revenge or rediscover history of the fallen. Frankly, KoTOR never tell story of the Sith Movement besides simply they are all evil.

I'm about halfway through KOTOR 2 when I made these suggestions, keep that in mind please...

1. Both Revan and The Exile in the game. One on the Light Side, the other on the Dark. And you can pick which one you play as...  just a thought.

2. Definatley more interaction with NPCs, and more interaction between them.

3. XBOX LIVE... somehow.

4. Make it more of an action game (a 'Halo'-like 'Jedi Accademy' game)

5. Definatley needs a new graphical engine. AND fighting engine, because if it wasn't for the storyline and characters, the games would be boring, in my opinion.

6. More faces for your character you create... who here has SEEN the astronomical number of options for faces in the 'Create a wreastler' modes for wreastling games? It's insaine.

7. Play as an Alien race, not just human.

8. Of course, take advantage of XBox Next's huge number of features (it's not just going to be more powerful, of course).

9. Think of the possibilites of the XBox headset, the kinds of commands you could order... if only acouple short responses ("Yes,"  "No,")

That's all I can think of, but I'm sure BIOWARE has ideas ten times better than that, cuz the know exactly what they're doing.

You need to go ahead and finish up the game, then maybe rethink most of your suggestions :)

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

• 1 year later...

1.it should be a prequal and a sequal like have flashback and wat u do in the flashbacks affect wat u do in the present.

2.Jedi wookie party member!

3.you've had revan and an exile so why not a renegade or outlaw

4.a yoda type party member!

5.the mandalorian homeworld and courisant

6.more hot jedi chicks!

7.upgraded hk-47

8.varity of characters that can be in your party

9 ability to get all charaters in begging of games and story go from there so u dont get a good character when the game is about to end

10.a fight with revan and exile

11.battles on the front hordes of enemies lots of gore!

12.interactive enviroments

13 scion and malok look alike maybe they're brothers and there spirits haunt there younger sibling that is one of your crew

14.a hot chick spy character

15.death to carth!

16.more romance (hint hint )like in "fable"

17.custom light sabers

18.a big bounty hunter dude with a big laser gatling gun for a character

19.more ancient ruins and powerful treasure

20.yoda home world

Guest MacLeodCorp
I recall one of the devs (either Akari or the Morgan Man) commenting that allowing players full control over the Ebon Hawk (ie. X-Wing or TIE fighter control) wasn't possible with the current engine.  But I wonder if allowing "turn based" combat control, such as individual combat but with space ships instead of party members, would be?

I think LA is doing that with "Empire at War".

I recall one of the devs (either Akari or the Morgan Man) commenting that allowing players full control over the Ebon Hawk (ie. X-Wing or TIE fighter control) wasn't possible with the current engine.  But I wonder if allowing "turn based" combat control, such as individual combat but with space ships instead of party members, would be?

....you quoted something I wrote about over a year ago... :(

Guest MacLeodCorp

....you quoted something I wrote about over a year ago... :(

Hehehe... Sorry man! :)

***Stops Channeling the Threads***

Guest The Architect

I have a story idea for K3 that could work that covers the gender/alignment problems without being to complex or corny but I'm not going to get into it. Anyway, I think if people are expecting to see Revan or the Exile or play as them in K3 then there going to be in for a big shock. I highly doubt whether they will return but I don't think they'll be killed off either. You see it's not just a matter of appearence, gender and alignment problems it's what feats/force powers/stats they had. I will repeat it again, Revan and the Exile will not make appearences in K3, They'll handle it just like Obsidian handled Revan in K2, you hear about how great he/she is, he/she is still alive but is never seen. And what he/she is doing is still quite mysterious. Anyway, there are ways to not have Revan or the Exile being seen but to play big roles and not be killed off, it's possible. I'm getting the feeling that there really going to screw up K3 as far as the storyline goes, I hope whoever has the responsibility of writing the story knows what there doing. The other alternative is that K3 will never get made.