Will there be a KOTOR3?

It feels like this game was designed to have a sequal. It doesnt wrap up as neatly as the first and it actually unravels things more (main pro/antagonist from 1 disappearing, new sith threat on the fringe)

It feels like it was forced out early. Also, when Lucasarts was restructed awhile ago it was noted that pre-dev on KOTOR3 was suspended.

I'm gonna be cheesed if they made this game with a sequel in mind and then there is no sequel.

I also think it should be developed for a next gen console (XBOX2). The engine was pushed to it's limits with this one.

It feels like this game was designed to have a sequal. It doesnt wrap up as neatly as the first and it actually unravels things more..., new sith threat on the fringe)

This actually sounds kinda like Empire Strikes Back to me... That certainly didn't wrap up nicely but it was an amazing movie. Same way I feel about KOTOR 2 so far... maybe I'll change my mind when I beat it.

Keep in mind Bioware originally had a sequal to K1 planned but then handed things over to Obsidian. Someone on the Bio boards had soundfiles that are in the game that were never used. In the files Bastilla was telling Lord Revan the Republic had broken through and they had to get to the Ebon Hawk quick. Or something along those lines(been awhile). So just because Lucas stopped work(probably a good thing), doesn't mean everyone has stopped work on it.

So just because Lucas stopped work(probably a good thing

Hah! Agreed. I really want Obsidian to develop the sequel, but this time they need to make their own engine and take more time with it, especially the storyline. They can pull it off - right now, they have some of the best RPG designers in the industry on board. Of course, they have to finish up NWN 2 first. I can live with a delay if it means the KotOR 2 team can develop the next game.

Keep in mind Bioware originally had a sequal to K1 planned but then handed things over to Obsidian...

Keep in mind this all BS.

BioWare stated on many occasions they were NOT working on a sequel, there is a lot of trash data on SW:KotOR but that is not proof of anything expect they changed the storyline, something quite common.

If BioWare intended a sequel they would have done things diferently, starting by NOT end up at lv20 at the end of the game.

drakron.png

I want bioware and obsidian to do a joint KotOR III. I sort of like Obsidian's story-telling and pacing better, but they don't seem to like extended character interaction as much. Bioware doesn't have the guts to give a darker story occasionally, but I liked the interludes of talking on the Ebon Hawk. Where Obsidian made all the group dynamic connected and interesting and a story of it's own, I really would've liked something apart like the first game had - just you and the character, talking. The story was really, really great in a lot of ways - THAT I don't think they needed time for. Character development, though... that could've used some time, or maybe just a different design standard on that end of things. IMHO, of course.

I hope there's another KotOR - the only problem is, if one DOES come out, it's probably not going to be any time soon. The amount of bugs, the framerate issues, and the fact that most still think the graphics aren't much improved is testament that the game needs a new engine, badly. They could always license an engine, but what engine is tried and true for RPG's?

And it's really too bad.

story was really, really great in a lot of ways - THAT I don't think they needed time for.  Character development, though... that could've used some time, or maybe just a different design standard on that end of things.  IMHO, of course.

And there you have my reason for my frustration with the ending. The characters weren't developed as much as they should have been, leaving plenty of room for them in a sequel. But instead, they were sentenced to fate. Otherwise, the ending fit well enough, but Obsidian was attempting closure before it should have.

Who would you guys prefer as the main character of KOTOR III?  Revan, the KOTOR II protagonist (I haven't finished the game yet so I apologize if his/her identity is more verified than this), or a new character?

revan and the exile should be in the party, plus a new pc

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

That would be a good excuse for you to just create a party from scratch... hmm...

And then you'd decide the history of each, as well. That would be interesting.

But no. Thinking of a reason for two Jedi losing connection to the Force... again... would be a bit far-fetched. Perhaps, though, they'll go into epic levels again... and as with

mandalore,

you'll be fairly high level before meeting the others.

Who would you guys prefer as the main character of KOTOR III?  Revan, the KOTOR II protagonist (I haven't finished the game yet so I apologize if his/her identity is more verified than this), or a new character?

The exile, definitely.

It's really good to see that the Exile is a strong enough character to be easily picked over Revan.

Revan wasn't really developed at all in KotOR I... except that he was a war hero, a manipulator, and one-time villain. ( or all-time villain)

The Exile's stuff is a bit more complex. His connection to the force is different. Where I'm sure some don't like that difference, and think it un-star-warsy... how do you think Bastila could be incredible with Battle Meditation, and not particularly with everything else?

Ahh, hehehe... the Atris conversation was my all time favorite.

I was thinking.... perhaps a prequel could happen in the Mandalorian wars, instead of necessarily a sequel? The nature of it seems that such a prequel would even explain where Revan and the Exile went, after The Sith Lords. I suppose we'd have to take control of the Exile, though, because his path is the one less set in stone. Besides, I sort of liked viewing Revan as an outside entity. His legacy is too large to be dynamic enough in a computer game, and I'm more interested in Revan's inner motives (which can't be explained through dialogue choices you make very easily) and elaborating on the Exile's.