Screw the reviewers

I'm tired of all these snotty reviewers knocking KOTOR II, saying that it seems more expansion pack than sequel simply b/c it does not reinvent the wheel.

How often do we see such high quality games come out just over a year after the first game? I don't expect it to reinvent the wheel. In fact, presuming this is a trilogy of sorts, I want to see KOTOR III just over a year from now. Let them reinvent everything for the next storyline. For now, I am content to play these games in quick succession on an engine that works fine by me.

If the choice is between a bunch of great Star Wars games using roughly the same technology or waiting six years for a sequel like Half-Life, I will take KOTOR and KOTOR II every time.

So, to all you reviewers,

F*%k off.

All the new features re-invents the game totally, 2 weapon sets, breaking down and creating items, menu system is easier, no experiece cap...i mean all this stuff adds to an already awesome game, i think Kotor 1&2 are the best Xbox games ever..

All the new features re-invents the game totally, 2 weapon sets, breaking down and creating items, menu system is easier, no experiece cap...i mean all this stuff adds to an already awesome game, i think Kotor 1&2 are the best Xbox games ever..

Well, you won't catch me disagreeing with that. I really do hope they bang out a third (again, presuming they go the trilogy route) sooner rather than later, before returning to the drawing board to design a next-gen engine from the ground up. I agree with you 100% that the newer features absolutely add some nice, new elements to the engine.

reviewers knocking KOTOR II, saying that it seems more expansion pack than sequel

I somewhat understand this statement, only because you could play KoTOR then start KoTOR II and almost feel like it is the same game. I think this is GREAT . No big shifts , no redesigned system. It makes you feel more apart of the world. Don't get me wrong, the differences in KoTOR II only makes the game better. If it doesn't sweep GOY like the original , something is wrong. I prefer this game to any other new game I have played. I give this game a 12 out of 10, and I have played less than 12 hrs.

I agree the only thing missing is Multi -player or better (in my opinion) Co-Op play.

My only request with this series is that they make it exactly how it is into an MMORPG!

Dude then it wouldn't have any story... so basically it would suck Hard! <_<

Where is the bell, wait for the bell, k i need the bell, wait the bell! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong!

Kazic wants you.... to join the pinkside!

• 2 weeks later...

I would like Co-Op Play like X-Men: Legends. You would each control a character. You could change characters, etc. The biggest problem would be , do you let the other members of your party interact with NPCs.. If so, you would need more dialog trees. I would imagine to let the LS - DS path would be a problem. Do you let your companions choose their own role or do you only allow interaction based on main characters Alignment with the influence equation.

co-op might be nice, but I love all the tweaks they did to the game as well! I only wish there was more opportunities to converse with your party members. It feels more organic now, in that you never know when you can influence them, etc., but I kinda liked that when they wanted to talk to you, they'd tell you so.....but I always check anyway, after certain events.

I adore this game, obviously, and the only thing I'd change about it is the loading......

I definitely prefer the devs invest time and $$$ in making a good plot and story line than on making this game multiplayer. I would never buy it if it was a multiplayer game.

Indeed. I already love the combat system, so all I really wanted was a fresh (and great!) story, characters, and voice-acting (c'mon now, it adds so much, especially since it's done really well, imho).

Jolee was my favorite from the last game, simply cuz he cracked me up the most. I still feel bad for what I did to him in my DS game......but I couldn't help but laugh when I told him, "I hate you, old man." :thumbsup:

I definitely prefer the devs invest time and $$$ in making a good plot and story line than on making this game multiplayer. I would never buy it if it was a multiplayer game.

I totally agree, there'd be no point

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

My only request with this series is that they make it exactly how it is into an MMORPG!

I am afraid that would turn the game to s***, because I don't think Obsidian has the capacity to create a big multiplayer world and come up with a brilliant story at the same time.

That seems a bit misleading, there are very few MMORPG's that could be called a definite success, its a very tough and demanding market.

And a strict storyline such as KotOR I & II offers is something hard to implement into a game that is ever-evolving and constantly changing.

Undoubtably I dream of the actual perfect SW MMORPG game but after SWG I don't know how soon again that will happen...if ever.

This game was better than the original the only flaw was the unfinished rooms in some places. KOTOR is its own game comparedto KOTOR1 I just went back to the first one yesterday and realized how the atomshrere was brighter than in 2. My eyes even seemed to have to adjust to the Ebon Hawk camera angle.

:thumbsup:

I am happy with the game engine as it is except would like it to be quicker and with less bugs and shorter loading time and smoother transitions. Also they can loose the mind puzzles and the swoop bikes. Also kinda get dizzy navigating some of these maze like areanas. Great story and great characters and side quests and total immersion make this game compelling...My its kinda screwing up my life all the time I am spending playing it...

I guess you haven't played Ninja Gaiden then. That's the best game E.V.E.R. ;)

But that aside, the new features do not reinvent the game... 2 weapon slots, item creation/breakdown and a lvl 50 exp cap do not make it a new game. The menu system seems identical to KOTOR, not sure what you're seeing that makes it "easier".

Prestige classes are the closest thing to making it a "new" game, along with the superior dialog tree options, but those alone do not change the fact they stayed with a proven formula.

The influence system alone makes KOTOR 2 a new game. In KOTOR, whether you went LS or DS meant next to nothing, aside from being a goody goody or a bully.

Now in KOTOR 2, you can gain influence with your party members and turn them into your puppets if you wish.

Proud purveyor, owner and operator of the Wonder Twins

The influence system alone makes KOTOR 2 a new game. In KOTOR, whether you went LS or DS meant next to nothing, aside from being a goody goody or a bully.

Now in KOTOR 2, you can gain influence with your party members and turn them into your puppets if you wish.

Have you played the game? The influence system is broken... horribly. You can't influence them to the dark side, nor can you change anything about them except their appearance on the character sheet screen and the picture of them in the HUD. If you turn light to the dark, the character still whines when you do evil things. So it still means next to nothing except being a "goody goody or a bully".

Have you played the game? The influence system is broken... horribly. You can't influence them to the dark side, nor can you change anything about them except their appearance on the character sheet screen and the picture of them in the HUD. If you turn light to the dark, the character still whines when you do evil things. So it still means next to nothing except being a "goody goody or a bully".

Well, I influenced one of my party members to go Dark. And when I killed random innocent NPC's, he didn't whine, he agreed with what we had done.

Proud purveyor, owner and operator of the Wonder Twins