Dog eat dog.

Make your choice carefully, padawan!  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Make your choice carefully, padawan!

• Anakin Skywalker aka Darth Vader
    • Emperor Palpatine aka Darth Sidious
    • Revan / Darth Revan
    • Exar Kun
    • Yoda
    • Luke Skywalker
    • Obi Wan Kenobi
    • Mace Windu
    • Qui-Gon Jinn
    • Dath Maul

Yeah yeah then why your Revan was destroyed by Malak's betrayal?

Ability to command during battles does not make you good conspirator. Revan wasn't better that Ulic who ruined the Republic fleet. He was just a good tactician

and valiant warrior, that's all.

Exar started with nothing and formed alliances that almost destroyed Old Republic.

Republic that wasn't weakened by Mandalorian War let's start with.

213374U: your arguments are weak mainly becouse they state your private opinion on EU. And thus I won't discuss them.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Ability to command during battles does not make you good conspirator. Revan wasn't better that Ulic who ruined the Republic fleet.

Revan never mastered the Sith ability that prevented him from occasional occurences of insta-death. He also never learned the ability to prevent execution when convicted in a court of law.

Simply because he was not expecting it. Much like Palpatine didnt expect Vader to throw him into thje Death Star 2 core. Force users cant predict everything that will happen. Malak didnt expect revan to turn up again.

By the way, I said gentle.

Cannot agree. Palpi set all events acc to his plan. It was an accident that he died and that accident shown his weakness. Exar was taken by complete surprise by the Jedi Fleet and yet managed to find emergency way.
Not quite. He did know that Ulic's attack would fail. He didn't seem to care at all, for he didn't prepare any contingency plans in the event of a more than likely republic counterstrike. Palpatine may have underestimated Vader's humanity, but Exar Kun was blind to say the least, or just dumb.

This is something I must agree with. Exar must have thought himself so powerful he thought "Bloody hell im unbeatable, no need for a contingency plan." Thats the problem with thinking you are invincible, you let your guard down. That was, and is Exars weakness, overconfidence.

That's assuming he didn't know about it....It's entirely possible that Revan had a change of heart, and allowed himself to be captured by the Jedi knowing what they would do to him (He was a said to be very brilliant by the Jedi Masters on Dantooine). Though unlikely, we'll probably never know, unless more information comes out in the Sith Lords.

this is all my opinion:

my main problem is the fact that the next guy will probably be 10xExar Kun .. and that he can destroy galaxies with his newly acquired Sith Magic .. I mean, when will it stop? this neverending cycle of bigger, badder and stronger complex! I would've loved Exars story if he had been a little more down to Earth .. relied on smarts and tatics instead of subGod powers! and the next guy that comes along will probably be even stronger ..

the problem with EU is not the characters or the power or force or what ever, I can even accept Exar if he would be the strongest ever (and I mean EVER).. it's the fact that the new writers wants a piece of their own powerful warlords! they want their own legacy instead of solid stories .. and in the end they only hurt the established stories and ends up making a mockery of SW!

Fortune favors the bald.

Well that's the main reason why writers today are limited by Lucas Licansing

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

Actually from what I've seen, Lucas Licensing doesn't have a very strict policy. Over the last few novels, there's been some very stupid and very lame story ideas, yet those were allowed to happen.

I sometimes wonder if the people at the top (ie. those in charge of what is allowed and what isn't allowed in the novels) are actually fans of Star Wars in the sense that they actually "get" it. Or whether they're just people who look at it from a business sense and have no clue what makes Star Wars what it is.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

All im saying is Exar Kun is nothing special, and is merely buffed up by a comic strip writer!

After all any 10,000 Jedi at all in the galaxy attacking you all at once wouldnt prove healthy...

For example even if he was faster than 6 jedi using single lightsabers, he couldnt block about 12 with just a Staff Saber. (12 people standing around him in a circle.... hell at the length of a saber you could probably have 16+ standing around him)

And furthermore apparently whenever he took a step the ground would shake. Now i dont know about you but that ISNT apart of any of his force powers, the force is not apart of him therefore unless he was concerntrating extremely hard on every footstep he took that would be immpossible... following all other EU sources here. So basically that is just banter made by a comic strip artist <_<

And finally you cannot compare human physical limitations in films to pure imagination. And the reason Palpy and Vader sucked in the books by your standards is because they couldnt be that way in the film and suddenly become Gods in books, it wouldnt of worked.

Now if you say this is a weak arguement then im sure that you are no more than 11 years old and just a baby wanting to get their own way.... now discuss this one :p

Actually from what I've seen, Lucas Licensing doesn't have a very strict policy. Over the last few novels, there's been some very stupid and very lame story ideas, yet those were allowed to happen.

I sometimes wonder if the people at the top (ie. those in charge of what is allowed and what isn't allowed in the novels) are actually fans of Star Wars in the sense that they actually "get" it. Or whether they're just people who look at it from a business sense and have no clue what makes Star Wars what it is.

yes that's the tendency I have observed as well .. and it's really a shame! because even though EU has it's very weak moments imo, it's not to late to turn the tide .. focus on story instead of power!

you should think they've all turned to the DS!? :ph34r:

Fortune favors the bald.

All im saying is Exar Kun is nothing special, and is merely buffed up by a comic strip writer!

After all any 10,000 Jedi at all in the galaxy attacking you all at once wouldnt prove healthy...

For example even if he was faster than 6 jedi using single lightsabers, he couldnt block about 12 with just a Staff Saber.  (12 people standing around him in a circle.... hell at the length of a saber you could probably have 16+ standing around him)

And furthermore apparently whenever he took a step the ground would shake.  Now i dont know about you but that ISNT apart of any of his force powers, the force is not apart of him therefore unless he was concerntrating extremely hard on every footstep he took that would be immpossible... following all other EU sources here.  So basically that is just banter made by a comic strip artist <_<

And finally you cannot compare human physical limitations in films to pure imagination.  And the reason Palpy and Vader sucked in the books by your standards is because they couldnt be that way in the film and suddenly become Gods in books, it wouldnt of worked.

Now if you say this is a weak arguement then im sure that you are no more than 11 years old and just a baby wanting to get their own way.... now discuss this one :p

Compare Exar to Elminster then. He was as powerful (in terms of forgotten realms)

and no one criticize his character.

And aside of normal physical fight there are also psionic power. Using power of his mind Exar could just freeze those 12, 40 or 100 Jedi (like he did in the senate

with all thiose people ot like Malak did on Star Forge on a limited scale) Surely Exar couldn't fight dozens of Jedi in terms of lightsaber duel but his main power was ancient magic.

BTW Lucas developed Exar's profile and it was adapted by KJA (although it is KJA who jumped with whole idea of long-dead sithlord)

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Bottom line is that Yoda was the strongest known force-user in history until Anakin came along and had the potential to outdo him.

Yoda and Anakin were the two strongest known jedi/sith until the revealing of Palpatine as such.

Sidious apparently bested Yoda and subjugated Anakin for 30 years. The two other strongest force users in history.

Temples and force cannons aside, I don't see how Exar can compare to someone of that magnitude.

I have never agreed with you more, Exar Kun's story is meant to sell comics, eventually there will be another comic or novel to sell and there will be someone with an equally lame story.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

For example even if he was faster than 6 jedi using single lightsabers, he couldnt block about 12 with just a Staff Saber.  (12 people standing around him in a circle.... hell at the length of a saber you could probably have 16+ standing around him)

And furthermore apparently whenever he took a step the ground would shake.  Now i dont know about you but that ISNT apart of any of his force powers, the force is not apart of him therefore unless he was concerntrating extremely hard on every footstep he took that would be immpossible... following all other EU sources here.  So basically that is just banter made by a comic strip artist <_<

And finally you cannot compare human physical limitations in films to pure imagination.  And the reason Palpy and Vader sucked in the books by your standards is because they couldnt be that way in the film and suddenly become Gods in books, it wouldnt of worked.

Compare Exar to Elminster then. He was as powerful (in terms of forgotten realms)

And aside of normal physical fight there are also psionic power. Using power of his mind Exar could just freeze those 12, 40 or 100 Jedi (like he did in the senate

with all thiose people ot like Malak did on Star Forge on a limited scale) Surely Exar couldn't fight dozens of Jedi in terms of lightsaber duel but his main power was ancient magic.

True true, but even if he stopped 100 of them... that is only a 1/100 of the main force... there is no possible way for him to counterattack that on his own....

Elminster got alot of his powers from the goddess of magic giving him a portion of her power, not finding some lame ass piece of jewelry

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

True true, but even if he stopped 100 of them... that is only a 1/100 of the main force... there is no possible way for him to counterattack that on his own....

... and that's why he was destroyed

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Bottom line is that Yoda was the strongest known force-user in history until Anakin came along and had the potential to outdo him.

Yoda and Anakin were the two strongest known jedi/sith until the revealing of Palpatine as such.

Sidious apparently bested Yoda and subjugated Anakin for 30 years. The two other strongest force users in history.

Temples and force cannons aside, I don't see how Exar can compare to someone of that magnitude.

In any movie no one has ever said that Yoda was most powerful user in history.

Yoda was most powerful Jedi in the waning days of the Republic - just like Vodo or Arca were most powerful masters before the Sith War.

Anakin was most powerful in history of the Order that was re-founded after Ruusan

Battle when all Jedi died except Farfalla and his small unit.Thus Anakin was most powerful Jedi in those 1000 years from Ruusan to Endor

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

In any movie no one has ever said that Yoda was most powerful user in history.

Yoda was most powerful Jedi in the waning days of the Republic - just like Vodo or  Arca were most powerful masters before the Sith War.

Anakin was most powerful in history of the Order that was re-founded after Ruusan

Battle when all Jedi died except Farfalla and his small unit.Thus Anakin was most powerful Jedi in those 1000 years from Ruusan to Endor

Its amazing how those who try to say the most, end up saying nothing

213374U: your arguments are weak mainly becouse they state your private opinion on EU. And thus I won't discuss them.

Um, so, if you like it, it's canon. If you don't, then it's a weak argument? Now that's what I call overwhelming logic. :p

Lucas may have written Exar's profile, but I don't think he would give him his uber munchkin

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Its amazing how those who try to say the most, end up saying nothing

I could stick this comment to virtually every other comment.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

If Anakin was conceived by the force, it's a safe bet that he's got the most force potential of anyone who wasn't-regardless of the state of the order or what era was being lived in. And I don't think Clarence Battle, or whomever, was conceived by the force.

I want to say that Yoda being the most powerful force user in history is something I heard Lucas say in an interview where he was talking about midichlorians around the time of episode 1-the significance being that if Anakin's count was "higher than even Master Yoda's," which was the previous highest count ever seen, the boy could be the greatest jedi in history.

Elminster is a better "force" user in that he never tries to rain fireballs on nations he dislikes.

I agree with the critisisms of Exar Kun the use of "God Powers " all the time Elminster as a Jedi would be more of a light side palpatine he normaly uses adventurers and the "Harpers" to affect the world not "Godlike powers".

now I agree with the Idea of seeing what would happen if you got the whole lot of em stripped them of there lightsabers and ALL force powers (Sith Magic is a force power).

to me Yoda would rule using those leveling rules

In the end Nur Ab Surd, you should be happy, the man you love has a "special" place in the Star Wars Galaxy, worse character of alltime, I mean I had forgotten about the whole force cannon for an arm thing, I guess in an attempt to maybe take any of it seriously

There's a great grief in your words. You seem to have love/hate relationship with Star Wars

BTW At least I don't twist your nick. Appreciate it.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

My name Laozi, can be pronouned Lousy if you like