Dog eat dog.

Make your choice carefully, padawan!  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Make your choice carefully, padawan!

• Anakin Skywalker aka Darth Vader
    • Emperor Palpatine aka Darth Sidious
    • Revan / Darth Revan
    • Exar Kun
    • Yoda
    • Luke Skywalker
    • Obi Wan Kenobi
    • Mace Windu
    • Qui-Gon Jinn
    • Dath Maul

No thank you, but I don't find any pleasure in humiliating people in such a low way.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

btw, if we're going to take Exar Kun's actions seriously, then you'd also have to acknowledge that Jacen Solo is then the most powerful Force user of all time, since he did something that not even Exar Kun can dream of: becoming one with the Force.

But again, I refer back to my point about how Lucas Licensing seems to allow any idea, regardless of how lame or far fetched it is.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Ever watch sports? Ever talked to older athletes who talked about the glory of their days compared to the current state of their beloved game? Compare what they say to old gametapes and compare that with current broadcasts.

Athletes today as a whole are much superior to those of yesteryear. That

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Oh well, another argument about how EU is lame.

It isn't important if its lame or not.

Important is, that EU states that and doesn't state this.

Star Wars is a fairy tale, and I doubt if venerable Gould's theory is applicable to it.

But have it your way.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

There's a great grief in your words. You seem to have love/hate relationship with Star Wars

BTW At least I don't twist your nick. Appreciate it.

And yes there is a love/ hate relationship. I think what George Lucas initally allowed a few writers to do got too far out of hand, because he underestimated how much people desperatly wanted more Star Wars. The EU was probaly never meant to be on par with the actual Star Wars universe, but what are you going to do, say no to a multiple billion dollar a year industry? I would like too hear someone actuallty say no and then I would call them a liar.

I ahve my problems with the new movies too, but I made my peace with that a llong time ago, why? Because Lucas did them, and if he wants to have Yoda put on a skirt and skish around for us then thats his decision and his alone.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

And yes there is a love/ hate relationship. I think what George Lucas initally allowed a few writers to do got too far out of hand, because he understimated how much people desperatly wanted more Star Wars. The EU was probaly never meant to be on par with the actual Star Wars universe, but what are you going to do, say no to a multiple billion dollar a year industry? I would like too hear someone actuallty say no and then I would call them a liar.

I ahve my problems with the new movies too, but I made my peace with that a llong time ago, why? Because Lucas did them, and if he wants to have Yoda put on a skirt and skish around for us then thats his decision and his alone.

Well I don't care if EU is for money or not. Reading EU stuff gives me opportunity to embrace greatest myth of the modern times.I like many things in EU and dislike many (fifty/fifty if you want to know). I don't have any problems with Anderson who is my favourite sci-fi author and like almost all his ideas, but I hate xwings and other crap which is just boring. As for the new movies I like them much more than Old Trilogy and I can't understand why so many people hate them. GL introduced dozens of brilliant things in them. Some people just have too big expectations.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

It's not that I think the EU is lame. I just think certain elements of the EU are lame.

I don't care how consistent certain stories are with respect to other stories as long as they are good stories.

Timothy Zahn never made it a huge point for his stories to be consistent with everyone else's. His stories happen to be the best.

If you happen to disagree with that assertion, that's fine. But I think you'll find that you're in the minority when it comes to who is better: Zahn or KJA.

I've only liked one thing that was written by Anderson. That was TOTJ: Redemption. And it wasn't for its writing. But then again, as a writer, it was the best work I have seen coming from him ---and it was probably because it wasn't as over-the-top as his other works.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Well I don't care if EU is for money or not. I like many things in EU and dislike many (fifty/fifty if you want to know). I don't have any problems with Anderson who is my favourite sci-fi author and like almost all his ideas, but I hate xwings and other crap which is just boring. As for the new movies I like them much more than Old Trilogy and I can't understand why so many people hate them. GL introduced dozens of brilliant things in them. Some people just have too big expectations.

What has Anderson wrote besides Star Wars?

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Timothy Zahn never made it a huge point for his stories to be consistent with everyone else's. His stories happen to be the best.

If you happen to disagree with that assertion, that's fine. But I think you'll find that you're in the minority when it comes to who is better: Zahn or KJA.

I think that Zahn is a matter of yesterday. Stover bested him along with other new writers

Zahn is worshipped by older fans (mostly). Younger fans rather worship Stover or NJO authors.

And while Anderson is on top Zahn today is imprisoned forever in his ghetto writing endless novels about Thrawn, cause he's too dumb to write something really original.

True that in the early 1990s Thrawn Trilogy was quite good but it was his only achievement. Now he clones that trilogy in a series of novels that are all about the same

What has Anderson wrote besides Star Wars?

Begin with Saga of Seven Suns

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

My problem with your argument about the strength of Exar Kun is that the comic books and other materials (Jedi Academy tril) dealing with the old republic stuff were written before Lucas decided/revealed that Vader was to be a kind of Christ figure, who never reached his full potential, and that Yoda was to be the most powerful jedi to that point in history. Both men, by definition, make Exar lesser in comparison. By implication this makes Sidious largely superior to all three.

So before Lucas made these choices, your arguments about Exar Kun's nigh-omnipotence would have been valid.

However when there is a confliction between the EU and Lucas, Lucas must be sided with, being that he is writing the history.

In Biblical terms, saying that Exar Kun is greater than Yoda, Sidious or Vader is like saying that the Egyptian Pharaoh was greater than Moses, Lucifer or Christ.

Oh well, another argument about how EU is lame.

It isn't important if its lame or not.

Important is, that EU states that and doesn't state this.

Star Wars is a fairy tale, and I doubt if venerable Gould's theory is applicable to it.

But have it your way.

I like most of the EU novels... i just got a real grudge towards comic book artists (no offence meant :ph34r: )

btw, if we're going to take Exar Kun's actions seriously, then you'd also have to acknowledge that Jacen Solo is then the most powerful Force user of all time, since he did something that not even Exar Kun can dream of: becoming one with the Force.

Exar Kun didn't have to dream about it, he did become one with the force. How else to do you think he was able to stick around thousands of years and cause Luke Skywalker to have problems on Yavin 4? Becoming one with the force isn't something unique that Jacen Solo did. Anakin Solo did it before he died. Yoda and Obi-Wan became one with the force after they died. As far as I can tell it's a pretty common thing o:)

My problem with your argument about the strength of Exar Kun is that the comic books and other materials (Jedi Academy tril) dealing with the old republic stuff were written before Lucas decided/revealed that Vader was to be a kind of Christ figure, who never reached his full potential, and that Yoda was to be the most powerful jedi to that point in history. Both men, by definition, make Exar lesser in comparison. By implication this makes Sidious largely superior to all three.

So before Lucas made these choices, your arguments about Exar Kun's nigh-omnipotence would have been valid.

However when there is a confliction between the EU and Lucas, Lucas must be sided with, being that he is writing the history.

In Biblical terms, saying that Exar Kun is greater than Yoda, Sidious or Vader is like saying that the Egyptian Pharaoh was greater than Moses, Lucifer or Christ

Yes but to me EU is more important than Lucas' midichlorians and all that stuff.

I say that Exar is better than Anakin becouse I can compare powers of both and

I see that Anakin's powers are lame. He can jump, run, slash, choke but it isn't

that kind of force control as Exar had.

If GL jumped with (blasphemy to Christians, fortunetely I'm not one) idea of a chosen one created by force its his problem. At least he should shown him in convincing way, while Anakin in AOTC and Clone Wars is weak

And regardless what movie characters are saying Anakin is just lame in this movies. We don't witness his godlike powers.

And another thing: all that midiclorian-chosenone stuff is nothing more than beliefs of people that lived in modern era. Ancient era was 4000 years ago and no one of modrn people remembers what happened then. Do you remember for example what happened during the reign of Asarhaddon II in Assyria 3879 years ago? I don't.

I tend to believe that Anakin wouldn't be special in times of Exar Kun. You seem to forget that Anakin lived at times when force was in imbalance and practically vanished in Jedi. Jedi in prequels are weaker than their ancestros (even GL mentioned that) and thus Anakin is so exceptional.

Besides will see in EIII if he's truly the chosen one. I suspect that EIII will reveal that as well.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Anderson has written X-Files books and is going to co-author a new Dune Trilogy, with Hebert's son/ sounds like a leach.

Atleast Tolkien's son had the good taste to only put the reminder of his fathers works into a context inwhich they could be read.

Don't you ever read ****, Asimov, Vonnegut, Verne?

Yes but to me EU is more important than Lucas' midichlorians and all that stuff.

And another thing: all that midiclorian-chosenone stuff is nothing more than beliefs of people that lived in modern era. Ancient era was 4000 years ago and no one of modrn people remembers what happened then. Do you remember for example what happened during the reign of Asarhaddon II in Assyria 3879 years ago? I don't.

I tend to believe that Anakin wouldn't be special in times of Exar Kun. You seem to forget that Anakin lived at times when force was in imbalance and practically vanished in Jedi. Jedi in prequels are weaker than their ancestros (even GL mentioned that) and thus Anakin is so exceptional.

I don't remember what happened in Assyria 4000 years ago, but I know that if the excavation of the miniscule city of Troy is any indication of the historical accuracy of accounts of events from thousands of years ago, things tend to get exaggerated with time. 10 foot walls become thousands of feet high. In Akkad one king builds a ziggurat high enough to touch God. In Denmark a previously unremarkable man rips the arm off a gigantic monster, killing it. On Yavin 4 a sith Lord who shakes the ground with each step kills 10,000 jedi.

The jedi in the prequels are weak, because one man-Sidious-is so strong that he can cast a shadow over the entirety of the force. Yoda and Windu are so worried because nothing like this has ever happened before. No one's been strong enough to do it.

Orson Scott Card even?

Philip K ****, Kurt Vonnegut, Arthur C Clarke, RA Salvatore, Elaine Cunningham, Robert Howard and of course Frank Herbert.

I don't like Orson Scot Card.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Exar Kun didn't have to dream about it, he did become one with the force.  How else to do you think he was able to stick around thousands of years and cause Luke Skywalker to have problems on Yavin 4?  Becoming one with the force isn't something unique that Jacen Solo did.  Anakin Solo did it before he died.  Yoda and Obi-Wan became one with the force after they died.  As far as I can tell it's a pretty common thing  :lol:

Umm, yeah. But do I have to point out what should been an OBVIOUS point about all those you mentioned? THEY'RE DEAD! Jacen Solo was able to become one with the Force and did not die in the process.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I don't remember what happened in Assyria 4000 years ago, but I know that if the excavation of the miniscule city of Troy is any indication of the historical accuracy of accounts of events from thousands of years ago, things tend to get exaggerated with time. 10 foot walls become thousands of feet high. In Akkad one king builds a ziggurat high enough to touch God. In Denmark a previously unremarkable man rips the arm off a gigantic monster, killing it. On Yavin 4 a sith Lord who shakes the ground with each step kills 10,000 jedi.

The jedi in the prequels are weak, because one man-Sidious-is so strong that he can cast a shadow over the entirety of the force. Yoda and Windu are so worried because nothing like this has ever happened before. No one's been strong enough to do it.

The Force works different and generally Preqel Jedi are weaker than their predecessors.

And dark shadows were caused by imbalance not Palpatine. Palpatine only used the fact that Jedi threw Force into imbalance.

This has nothing common with archelogical excavations in Middle East. :shifty:

Acc to EU ancient force-users were just more powerful. This is fact not exaggeration.

But believe that brick-moving Yoda was the greatest of them all :lol:

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Odan Urr was 1000 years old and Odd Bnar was even older...

There is nothing exceptional in Yoda. Except that he's in the movie and Odan Urr not.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

I'm not a fan of Card's either, but atleast the mormon wrote his own stuff. Unless a salamander told him :D

Incidently, I wasn't trying humilate you, it was meant as more of a playful jab, but I was wrong and I'm sorry