Do You Prefer The Dark Side Or Light Side?

Light side for me. It took everything I had just to be able to finish the dark side of KOTOR, just because the dark side path was based on common thugery. Perhaps if things are a little more gray this time around I might find myself walking the dark path.

The dark side definitely had the cool force powers. (Is there no such thing as smiting evil for goodness, or righteous anger in Star Wars. I would love to see some kind of offensive light side powers. Something similar to Sunray from D&D or something.)

I always end up lightside first time I play this type of games, then I make a really evil fellow (with some effort) to see what the game placed in the game for evil characters. Since neutral is not really an option in SW as Jedi I dont try that out.

I think, despite my comments on other threads, that I prefere LS, especialy when DS is so silly (read cartone evil). :rolleyes:

I tend to play through as dark the first time (did in KOTOR1) but did enjoy it more the second time through as a light-side. It's been about 5 times through now the game since then, both light and dark so I hope to go at it the same way in the sequel.

I will try to do what i normally do and stick with an even average of light and dark so i will be a neutral but if i have to make a choice like kotor 1 then it will be darkside. I will eventually play lightside just to get all the bits i miss for going darkside :lol:

I prefer the light side just because they never make a good dark side plot. It's always to much just being evil for the sake of being evil. :lol:

A real dark side plot would make the dark side choices look like they were the lesser of two evils in the situation. As they say, "The road to hell is paved with good intentions", and I think that road would be interesting to walk if done right in a video game.

I prefer the light side just because they never make a good dark side plot. It's always to much just being evil for the sake of being evil. :ermm:

A real dark side plot would make the dark side choices look like they were the lesser of two evils in the situation. As they say, "The road to hell is paved with good intentions", and I think that road would be interesting to walk if done right in a video game.

I take it you've never been exposed to the "practical incarnation" in PS:T ?

*sigh*

Newbie's these days... ;)

manthing2.jpg

"Only the weak fall to the dark side.

Dark side means that you can't control yourself."

Not true...Those who join willingly can control themselves...Falling to the darkside does not mean you are weak....as you see in the movies even the most powerful Jedi fall to the darkside...Anakin... And btw I myself prefer the Darkside

To truely become dark in it pure form demands devotion, anyone claiming to master such in short time are lying, to truely be dark anyone near you will feel it present become it will be near a chilling exsperience.

But many do try to gain that ultimate power, but many also fail and become insane or psychopaths instead, to truely master the dark side youll have total control of your emotions, and harness it into weapon.

No dark side is far from weak but few truely master it to its full potential.

EDIT: But what in logic is weak is to suppress emotions, one who can never face or come to term with his emotions, lives in a lie.

I prefer to walk my own path ... because sometimes doing good means doing evil things. So neutrality is my first play. Afterwards, I try darkside then lightside. After ruling the galaxy with Bastila as a female, the lightside ending and falling in love with Carth was kind of an anti-climax.

hmmm, thats a tough decision.

I enjoyed playing through the first time as the LS because the game seems to reward you more for being light side.

but then again it is always a bit fun to be evil :devil::devil:

I will play both LS and DS, probably LS first, then switch to the DS, and hopefully this time there is more of a DS experience.

*Big Breath* evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil .........*breath* evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil ....

there thats evil enough :devil::devil::)

and Im courious as to why people find it hard to asume the role of evil in a video game with fictional characters. Im not criticising ( or judging) by any means, just wondering why some people feel this way, feel free to comment.

Well, for me when I choose what my character says it is a reflection of what I would say. This is always true for my first play through. As you all know it is very easy to get involved in a RPG and this was very true for me in Kotor. I knew the decisions I made were in a game and purely fictional, but there was always a sense of consequence for me. I only played DS once just to see the ending, and it was the least amount of fun for me since I had to detach myself from the game.