Weekend Programmer #5

Hey Akari, thanks for the last chat with your fans :D

Q1.  Will there be additional content for the PC version or will you take the extra time to focus solely on bug-fixing?

No idea on that at this point.

Q2.  What is the extent of the telepathic link between Kreia and the PC?

Q3.  If it doesn't spoil anything: what is the link between the 'Handmaiden' and Visas Marr?

You really don't want me to answer those. It'd be spoilertastic! :wub:

Q4.  You doing alright?  I'm sure they'll be volunteers to sort out anyone who's giving you trouble... :)

I'm all good. :lol:

As for extra PC content, any indications (not promises) as to what will happen there. Rumor has it that there is a partially completed planet that had to be cut, at least, for the Xbox version. Long odds, but heres hoping.

What are the Q&A people saying about game length?

OK, any insight into the whole Atris/WHC/hand maiden stuff?

I haven't heard from QA about game length. Just in the chats I've had with other people here at Obsidian, it would take 4 hours to get off the first planet if you just did the critical path and weren't reading the dialogs as you played. So it would presumably take a good amount longer than that to get off the first planet if you're actually playing for the first time.

No idea on the total game length. Amongst ourselves, we figure it to be about the same length as KotOR1.

In the movies the lightsabers sound different for DS'ers. Will it be the same in this?

I don't think so. They'll probably all use the same sound effects.

MCA kinda recently (and in the past) talked about doing a FO style slide show ending, please tell me that is offically "in"

I'm not sure about the end game stuff. I know there's a couple different movies and credits, but not sure what else there is.

-Akari

I was wondering about the animation progressions for the sabre fighting, how many levels are there?

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Hey Akari;

A question about the DLC being cut for the release of the Xbox, do you have a rough Idea when us xboxers might exspect to get DLC? I was just wondering if we would have to wait until a later date to get it or if we will get any at all.

and thanks for taking the time to answer our questions.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

A question about the DLC being cut for the release of the Xbox, do you have a rough Idea when us xboxers might exspect to get DLC? I was just wondering if we would have to wait until a later date to get it or if we will get any at all.

IIRC, you need to actaully plan ahead for Xbox live stuff, so if you don't preped for exactly what you are going to do before shipping, you can't add it later.

At least for in game content. I could be wrong tho.

Hi, Akari

1.- Can you tell if the environment will react to the status of the PC? i.e. people not addressing you as 'padawan' if you have 3 levels of sith lord.

2.- About the walk mode, it felt kinda awkward in KotOR. Has it been modified so the PC walks at a 'normal' speed?

Thanks! o:)

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Are there new NPC non-jedi classes in the game (like fringer or noble). ?

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe Bao Dur has a new non-Jedi class.

Are the ranged weapons finally going to be viable option (lets face it in KOTOR I they sucked).

Should be better than the first for those that want to specialize in them.

Is the PC version on schedule. ?

There isn't really even a schedule for it at this point. We need to get the Xbox version done right now. o:)

Will there be more than two endings?

I'm pretty sure there will be.

Have you had a chance to hear any of the VO or music?  (besides what we hear on the KotOR2.com website) What's your impression?

I really like some of the voices, while others I don't like so much. I like Kreia's voice just because it matches the character very well.

I was wondering about the animation progressions for the sabre fighting, how many levels are there?

I believe there are 3 levels of progression.

-Akari

Any news on facial expressions during dialogs.

There was support for designers to specify these at one point, but they were causing too any problems over the last month or so, so they've been cut for the most part.

Do you know if the voices on the site (Kreia and Sion I believe) are temps or final voices?

I believe those are the voice actors.

Hey Akari;

and thanks for taking the time to answer our questions.

There will not be downloadable content.

Hi, Akari

1.- Can you tell if the environment will react to the status of the PC? i.e. people not addressing you as 'padawan' if you have 3 levels of sith lord.

2.- About the walk mode, it felt kinda awkward in KotOR. Has it been modified so the PC walks at a 'normal' speed?

Thanks! o:)

The first question is a design one. I imagine that the designers made the characters react appropriately in some places, but I'm not sure on the whole. I doubt anyone'll be calling you Padawan in any case. ;)

Regarding the second one, I don't really know about that. I don't believe any changes have been made with regards to the control of 'walking' verses 'running'.

-Akari

I only have one question, when will the game be released down here in Australia?

Because I really want this game, no real good rpgs have been released lately and Knights 1 has been a favourite for ages.

Probably later then the US version and sooner then here in Europe.

I take it there isn't even a remote possibility you could persuade LA to offer a pay per download version?

It'll save me some money and a whole lot of paperwork compared to having to import the game on personal title.

Can you tell us anything about Bao-dur, like his arm or something about his robot?

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Since this may be the last one I'd just like to say thank you Akari. You have been a fantastic dev and god & George willing I look forward to you doing this again with Kotor III.

You're welcome. :) I've enjoyed doing it.

Can you tell us anything about Bao-dur, like his arm or something about his robot?

His arm allows him to 'bash' down certain force field doors quickly. His robot will help you in combat by shooting enemies or repairing friendly droids. He upgrades it over the course of the game.

What will the PC be known as? Will he be known as Jedi until you pick prestige classes where people might address you as a sith or what?

I've noticed in a lot of cutscenes, the PC is referred to as 'The exile.'

-Akari