This is interesting

I think it's a cut sceen, like being captured by the alien like ship, you are stoped in the middle of hyper space, like what happen with you and the lev

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Um. Dont wanna bring physics into this. But the only way to be stopped wen in hyperspace if there is  ablack hole near by.

Than how did the lev stop you when you were in hyper space, and also why in JA were you stoped in hyper space, or i'm just high :devil:

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

or something else with a VERY high level of gravity like a white whole or a super giant star. For those who don't know what a white hole is, its the oposite of a black hole or in other words its the same thing as the big bang.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

For he first part, and knowing quite abit on Blackholes, (I did a thesis) nothing can go faster than the speed of light. So therefore a black hole sucks up everything. A ship can stop itself (in theory) as it comes from a internal source. The only way a external source could stop the ship if there was a obect in the way in which the ship would be destroyed or if a ship could simulate the gravity of a black hole, which if it did that would suck it self in.

I'm high (w00t) and it's SW, not much of it is based on logic.

Star Wars has interdictors which I guess work by generating a large gravitational field. Though in New Jedi Order, the Yuuzhan Vong actually generated real singularities to pull ships out of hyperspace. So anyway, that the Leviathan was able to pull the Ebon hawk out of hyperspace just means it had interdiction capabilities.

(picture)

You can seem to be able to travel around your ship when in hyperspace, unlike teh first one.

That's just the beginning of the cutscene when you go in to hyperspace. Watch the scenes in the first game closely and you'll see something similar each time you go in to hyperspace.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

For he first part, and knowing quite abit on Blackholes, (I did a thesis) nothing can go faster than the speed of light. So therefore a black hole sucks up everything. A ship can stop itself (in theory) as it comes from a internal source. The only way a external source could stop the ship if there was a obect in the way in which the ship would be destroyed or if a ship could simulate the gravity of a black hole, which if it did that would suck it self in.

The ship drops out of hyperspace as well when it goes astray. If the calculated course will be missed the board computer's security routines stop the ship to prevent crashes with stars and other space objects. This can be caused by a gravitation field which the nav computer didn't knew before.

ps: all of this, of course, only applies to the physics of the Star Wars universe...

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

Star Wars Hyperspace travels far faster then the speed of light, it travels at the near infitive speed of PLOT. If the plot requires it'll take a while, if the plot requires it'll be instantanious. Hyperspace looks a tad bit different, a bit brighter, less wormhole like. U can see it in JA (Star Destroyer Assault map) JO (aboard the doom giver) and the aforementioned games. The star streaks scene in the movie was supposedly the entering hyperspace sequence. Oddly enough even outside of this universe one can still be hit by objects that only exist in this universe. I never realy liked the starwars concept of hyperspace, too much plot based technobable nonsense and too little realism to it.

now thats why i like it! without that sw would be so limited and the fantasy part just makes it more fun, if it was all realistic it would be harder to relate to in a weerd way, cos like with the laws of our universe hyperspace travel is impossible so it would be contrary to include it in an 'accurate' sw. same with lasers and lighsabers