Colour of lightsaber

What colour did your lightsaber have?  

137 members have voted

1. 1. What colour did your lightsaber have?

• Red
    • Blue
    • Green
    • Yellow
    • Purple
    • Black

It is easy to beat malak with blasters. I have used blasters quite a few times and I must say, they are more effective then light sabers. I couldn't block blaster bolts sure, but I killed my oponent faster. I "dished out" 50+ damage each round. My oponent couldn't deflect my shots when I used master rapid shot...

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

No I did not. I would go with jolie and another ranged character...

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

When you are close range with a blaster you almost never miss. They went down quick...

I wonder when we are going to get screen shots of the Silver and the white lightsabers? at first I was going to use maybe blue or something tradional but I think I am going to try a saber staff with the silver crystal.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

i already voted blue but after reading the ign article i say that i want the special one that changes color as u get more evil or good

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

Black saber mod was one of the best mods...

whooooo, i thought that the black saber crystal was just a myth. could you only get that in the kotor 1 pc version or xbox 2? And has black been confirmed for knights 2? if you can get the black crystal someone plz tell me how

The mod was for only the PC version since you can't mod an Xbox game.

The mod is for the original KOTOR not KOTOR TSL, there isn't any mods yet for TSL that I know of anyway.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

AscendedPaladin.png

Am I the only one who thinks Black is the dumbest idea for a lightsaber color? Since it isn't possible to get black light.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

It may be possible to create a dark light saber, using dark matter and force manipulation, but even if so possible it would be far superior to common lightsaber since dark matter create a space without light do to implotion create dark energy above speed of light black holes and such, so even if it would be possible i doubt youd see it.

Second i picked lightsaber according to class if gaurdian(blue), sentinel(yellow), counsulor(green), Sith(Red).

So it hard saying any specific to that.

However i think a white light saber might be possible.

It may be possible to create a dark light saber, using dark matter and force manipulation, but even if so possible it would be far superior to common lightsaber since dark matter create a space without light do to implotion create dark energy above speed of light black holes and such, so even if it would be possible i doubt youd see it.

The only problem with that is (saying I am correct) dark matter has an infinite mass (or next thing too it) so it would be cool to use but no one could ever lift it! (w00t).

As for a Black saber being possible, well I do belive that the only way to explain how you could create it would be to say by the power of the plot, if the plot calls for it then it shall be done.

AscendedPaladin.png

Heh,just can't seem to stay out of these debates...

There's a big technical explination on how a saber works but the general concept behind the color is:Color of the crystal=color of the blade. Dark crystal,dark blade color. Does that fit with science,not in the least. Doesn't really need to though.

Keep in mind we're talking about a game and not placing something like

that in movie or novel. One of the big selling point to this game is

choice,just look at the tag line they're using. So in a game such as this

why should someone not be allowed to use something like a black saber?

I've had the whole "Black Saber Debate" a number of times both online and

off. There's three main reasons I've heard in all the debates.

1)The S.D.U.

It's stupid,dumb,and ugly is pry the most used excuse but it also holds

least amount of water. It's subjective as hell, because you personally

feel way that doesn't mean everyone does and as such is not a valid reason

to deny people the right to use an option in the game. It's an option,if

you don't like it don't use it. How someone plays their game should have

no effect on how you play yours. I personally hate the look of yellow and orange sabers but my personal taste shouldn't take away from someone who does like how they look.

2)The Purist

It would ruin the feel of things.

This one is broken up into two groups.

-A)The Movie Only Group.

This group likes the SW movies,normally the OT only but a number like the

Prequels as well.

-B)The Movie/EU Group.

This group likes the OT,usually dislikes the Prequels though some do enjoy

them,and loves the EU.

Both groups says that something like a black lightsaber would ruin the

feel of game. Now with both we're right back to,it's an option and if they

don't like it they don't have to use it. How someone plays their game has

no effect on how they play theirs so if they don't like an option there's

no need for them to use it but that's not a valid reason to deny someone

the right to play their game their way. And with group B,they seem to

forget that a lot of the things they love in the EU are considered by some

to "ruin the feel of things".

Now the Big one.

3)Science and Physics.

People will try and use the laws of real life science and physics try to

state that because it's against the laws IRL it's impossible in SW.

However the problem is there's a large number of things inside the SW

universe that go against the real life science and physics. I could name

them all but I'll use the two that are big in this debate because of the

role in SW and in the debate itself.

A)The Force.

It's Impossible according to science and physics to:

-Lift objects with your mind.

-Choke someone with your mind.

-Blast high energy bolts from your hands.

B)The Lightsaber.

The weapon itself is against the laws of science and physics.

So why then is it so important that something like the blade color,of a

weapon that doesn't fit with science and physics laws,fit with said laws?

It's a double standard,if you're going to use science and physics as a way

to judge something,it needs to be applied evenly and fairly to everything.

To prove it's not possible you need something from with in the SW universe

that says as such,real life science and physics doesn't work because they

don't apply. If they did then half of the SW universe couldn't be used because it would go against said laws.

If you can suspend you belief in science when you blast lighting out of

your PC's hands,why is it so hard to do so for something like this? And

even if you can't,it's still an option that if don't want to use you don't

have too.

The important thing to remember in this situation is that it's a game

that's built around choice and options. So if LA and Obsidian wanted to

place something like that into a fictional setting and world,long as it's

option you don't have to use it. In this fictional setting RL science

doesn't apply. Only thing that really applies is how many options

Obsidian/LA wanted to place in the game.

My Little Disclaimer:I have no clue if something like that is in the game

nor am I saying it will be. Just saying it's possible based on how much

Obsidian/LA wanted to offer up and/or push things depending on how you

look at it.

3)Science and Physics.

A)The Force.

It's Impossible according to science and physics to:

-Lift objects with your mind.

-Choke someone with your mind.

-Blast high energy bolts from your hands.

B)The Lightsaber.

The weapon itself is against the laws of science and physics.

umm.... who says the laws of science as we know them are correct from the prospective of the univerese? I mean for a species that only in the last 100 years managed to split the atom, whos to say that we aren't wrong on alot of things? I know there are going to be people out there who are going to say because science is infalable, well thats not exactly true because it was created by humans and as such is inhairently(sp?) flawed. Humans have a tendency to rule out or dissmiss entirely what they don't understand. While I am not saying that a lightsaber is possible right now but who says it couldn't be in another 1000 years? Another thing is the adverage human only uses between 3 and 10% of the full potental of their brain, meaning that its entirely possible that someplace in our brains lies the possibility to do such acts (move objects, crush thing, shoot lightning with our thoughts), just at the present time we are either haven't reached a highenough evolutionary level or have already lost the ability to access thoses parts of our brains.

AscendedPaladin.png

I agree with Silver, even though I'm the purist as well. If people want to have black lightsabers, they will end having them, be it through legit game items or via mods. It would ruin the feel for me, but not everyone is me. For as long as NPCs and/or enemies don't have black lightsabers, it won't bother me.

Another thing is the adverage human only uses between 3 and 10% of the full potental of their brain, meaning that its entirely possible that someplace in our brains lies the possibility to do such acts (move objects, crush thing, shoot lightning with our thoughts), just at the present time we are either haven't reached a highenough evolutionary level or have already lost the ability to access thoses parts of  our brains.

That is one of the statements most repeated by pseudo-scientists and psyche-gurus. There is no way to thoroughly check how much of the actual brain capabilities are being wasted. Maybe it's true that sentience only takes up to 10% of total brainpower, but nature doesn't give freebies. If the rest of the brain served no purpose or wasn't being used, it would not be there. Sorry, I don't think we'll be force-choking each other to death anytime soon.

SW is NOT sci-fi. It's futuristic fantasy. There is no point in trying to methodically explain everything Lucas comes up with.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

umm.... who says the laws of science as we know them are correct from the prospective of the univerese? I mean for a species that only in the last 100 years managed to split the atom, whos to say that we aren't wrong on alot of things? I know there are going to be people out there who are going to say because science is infalable, well thats not exactly true because it was created by humans and as such is inhairently(sp?) flawed. Humans have a tendency to rule out or dissmiss entirely what they don't understand. While I am not saying that a lightsaber is possible right now but who says it couldn't be in another 1000 years? Another thing is the adverage human only uses between 3 and 10% of the full potental of their brain, meaning that its entirely possible that someplace in our brains lies the possibility to do such acts (move objects, crush thing, shoot lightning with our thoughts), just at the present time we are either haven't reached a highenough evolutionary level or have already lost the ability to access thoses parts of our brains.

:lol: I'm the last person that'll try and say that science is perfect and can't make mistakes. Everything you said is true,it's based off the information we have now. Something could very well come a long and change that at some point in time. The same thing could be said for the what we know and the way we look at light as well. ;)

My point was using science and or physics to try and explain why something is impossible in a fictional world in which a number of things go against known laws of science is not only flawed but a double standard.

BTW,you're weclome for the link. :lol: I didn't want to send another PM just to say that.