Does Amazon know something we don't?

http://cargobay.starwars.com/webapps/cargo...em-detail/16233

StarWars.com thinks the game is coming out early.

starwars.com  Collecting  Cargo Bay

Games  Video Games  XBox

Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords   

Manufacturer: LucasArts

Release Date: 01 Dec 2004

MSRP: 49.99 USD

Platform: Xbox

Wow, one week earlier than expected. Yay!

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

No no no, it means that Akari is getting to play our game. We want our game Akari. :p

Yeah, when I have time to play it someday, I'll let you know! :p

Anyway, just thought I'd mention some things related to this thread:

We haven't heard about any change in the PC release dates, so I don't know anything about that.

Once LA announced that the PC version would be coming out in Feb, they stopped QA'ing the PC version to focus on the Xbox QA'ing. This means that the PC version hasn't been getting tested for the last two months or so. As a result, we won't be turning in the PC version at the same time we turn in the Xbox version. This will technically give us time to do some things with it that we won't have the time to do with the Xbox. I can't say with certainty what will come from this additional time though.

PC testing will probably start up sometime real soon, likely within the next couple of weeks, which means that I'll be working on KotOR2 for a good while yet.

-Akari

No no no, it means that Akari is getting to play our game. We want our game Akari. ;)

Yeah, when I have time to play it someday, I'll let you know! :)

Anyway, just thought I'd mention some things related to this thread:

We haven't heard about any change in the PC release dates, so I don't know anything about that.

Once LA announced that the PC version would be coming out in Feb, they stopped QA'ing the PC version to focus on the Xbox QA'ing. This means that the PC version hasn't been getting tested for the last two months or so. As a result, we won't be turning in the PC version at the same time we turn in the Xbox version. This will technically give us time to do some things with it that we won't have the time to do with the Xbox. I can't say with certainty what will come from this additional time though.

PC testing will probably start up sometime real soon, likely within the next couple of weeks, which means that I'll be working on KotOR2 for a good while yet.

-Akari

This is awesome! <_<

PC users get screwed over with delayed release. :p

Xboxers get screwed over with less content. :p

Way to go M$ & LA : Piss-off everybody is the name of the game. :angry:

BUT...I don't care:

I use Linux...I hate everyone! :p

:o

manthing2.jpg

Once LA announced that the PC version would be coming out in Feb, they stopped QA'ing the PC version to focus on the Xbox QA'ing.  This means that the PC version hasn't been getting tested for the last two months or so.

Interesting bit of info. <_<

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I imagine that any additional content, will be pretty much on par with KOTOR 1. Nothing really to get upset about if you're an XboX owner

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

They can flame me all they want :p I'm just tired of all this. I cant wait to play the game, that's why I'm here to get a fix for my obsession :D But every thread turns into this bashing/conspiracy theories about microsoft/lucasarts and so. I wanna discuss/read about the game dammit. In all fairness I understand pc gamers frustration but at this point I think it would be rather funny to see lucasarts post a statement saying the pc version has been cancelled due to too high demands from pc gamers (they want a better game than xbox) because of that they wont be able to complete the game :o hahaha :lol:

We don't get screwed over :lol: I think you're being a pecimist.

Look at it this way...

PC comes out later but has more content! YAY...

Xbox comes out earlier! but has less content ( keeping in mind that you can easily obtain this eXtra content by using LIVE. [ most people will be getting LIVE when halo2 comes out.] )

In a way it's win win for both sides...

I feel bad for linux users still.... you will always loose... :p

"har har har" j/p!

I've just looked on Amazon UK and they are listing April 29th 2005 for PC version and March 4th 2005 for x-box!!

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

PC will get the interchangeable hoods im sure.

And beards, right? :D

ya and fighting footwear

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

PC will get the interchangeable hoods im sure.

And beards, right? :D

I already have a beard, and a coat with a hood that goes up and down.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

Once LA announced that the PC version would be coming out in Feb, they stopped QA'ing the PC version to focus on the Xbox QA'ing.  This means that the PC version hasn't been getting tested for the last two months or so.

Interesting bit of info. <_<

Indeed, it clearly shows where the priorities are.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

EB Games. Thats where I have pre-ordered my game  :)

Unfortunately it doesn't look like they actually deliver to the UK :p at least, it wasn't listed as one of the country options, which is a real bummer. Does anyone have any experience of gamestop? They ship to the UK, but I've got no idea what their serivce is like...