Setting?

I didn't like KOTOR, and I don't even care for Star Wars, but if Obsidian are making KOTOR 2, I'll buy it in a heartbeat. When push comes to shove, it isn't so much the setting of a game that matters to me, as it is the quality of the creative talent (and, of course, the freedom with which they're allowed to exercise it).

As for what settings I'd like to see if I had my druthers.... I have always thought an rpg set in ancient Greece would be a natural. I'd also like to see a pure science fiction game. A post-apocalyptic setting would be fine, but only if the creators managed to make it seem original...I wouldn't want a game that's obviously trying to be Fallout.

a good super hero rpg.

You should try "Super Hero League Of Hoboken" which is a great, but old, game.

Otherwise there's always "Freedom Force" where you create your own super heroes and even add their special skills and stuff. Great RPG actually. Much newer and it has good 3D graphics.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Freedom Force is really fun and you can get it very cheap these days. Some people have said they picked it up for between $5-$10. It is short but at that price it is still worth it, providing that you don't find the game too cheesy as alot of the dialogue and plots are intended to be very Silver Age comic style. I wouldn't think of Freedom Force as an RPG and more of a squad based tactics game with some RPG elements. The RPG elements are how you decide to build up the superheroes and their powers after they join your team, decided from a set list of possible superpowers that hero could have. The game is also very linear and is mission based.

I should note that you don't directly create your own superheros in FF and I never did. What you do is create them outside of the main campaign and they receive some sort of score or prestige points. Once you have that amount ingame (from playing with the regular characters and completing missions), you can import that superhero character into the main game. Otherwise, you just decide how to advance the super hero characters that join your team in game but that's still fun.

Am I the only one who believes they are working on Planescape: Torment 2? ;)

Yes

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Am I the only one who believe they are working on Planescape: Torment 2? :blink:

Yes. Specially because a developer (I believe it was Chris, but I might be wrong), stated that he felt the story arch of the Nameless One had reached an end. Which I defintely agree with. I wouldn't mind seeing another game in the same setting, with the same depth as PS:T, but lets not bring back TNO. And lets not venture into the realms of sub-products like "Morte: The Flesh Years", or "Fall-From-Grace does Baator".

Am I the only one who believe they are working on Planescape: Torment 2? :)

Yes. Specially because a developer (I believe it was Chris, but I might be wrong), stated that he felt the story arch of the Nameless One had reached an end. Which I defintely agree with. I wouldn't mind seeing another game in the same setting, with the same depth as PS:T, but lets not bring back TNO. And lets not venture into the realms of sub-products like "Morte: The Flesh Years", or "Fall-From-Grace does Baator".

i agree! pst is over and has a perfect story. it should not be bastardized by sequels. and id really like another game in the planescape setting, though preferably in sigil.