EU continuity

What do you think about EU continuity  

50 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about EU continuity

• 1. The EU is strong enough to hold onto and obeyed
    • 2. The EU has too many mistakes and is just a suggestion.

You missed off "Who cares anyway?"

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

Thats kind of what the second one entails, if you don't think is worth it or don't care if a game is somewhat based on it, where as the first is more like if you think it should be followed to the letter

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Expanded Universe.

The official name for everything Star Wars that isn't the movies, basically. Games, books, comics, RPG, etc.

It is gigantic, and difficult to approach for any new readers.

Personally, I enjoyed "pockets", specific areas of it, as in specific trilogies or stories. Really don't care for the "what was Luke doing 30 years after "A New Hope".

The EU is what books, games, comics, whatever else that has been accepted by lucasfilm as cannon peices to the star wars universe. Bioware was lazy on their part and decided to make KOTOR alot like the starwars trillogy but with slightly different looking ships and other small things slightly changed, and I've heard the storyline resembles highly that of NWN, or was it BG... The 2d orientation throughout the entire game was very anoying, their was no z axis to anything but perhapse that doesn't matter for RPGs because combat comes down to stats and feats versus stats and feats rather then skill, but hey this is all my opinion and I'm derailing off topic. Bioware should have followed the cannon EU valley rather then going the lazy way about it, think about which is easier to make, a very basic valley shape with 2 giant tomb sort of structures, or a complex area with pits and hills and tombs shaped after the people they hold within them and giant temples.

But this is all just my opinion based around my veiws

KoTOR is very definently 3D but there was no free look because of XBOX limitations, there has been talk to allow it in the PC version of K2

But is the valley even consistant within the rest of the EU?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

OK here are EU images of the dark lords' valley. Take a look and at least admit that valley here is monumental and better than crappy red canyon from KOTOR.

Images taken from Jedi Academy show that Lucasarts was more competent - their valley is identical...

Who now dares to say that Bioware fool responsible for Korriban design wasn't lazy?

post-1577-1097509669_thumb.jpg

post-1577-1097509809_thumb.jpg

post-1577-1097509869_thumb.jpg

post-1577-1097509957_thumb.jpg

post-1577-1097510013_thumb.jpg

post-1577-1097510075_thumb.jpg

post-1577-1097510145_thumb.jpg

post-1577-1097510265_thumb.jpg

post-1577-1097510339_thumb.jpg

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

KoTOR is very definently 3D but there was no free look because of XBOX limitations, there has been talk to allow it in the PC version of K2

But is the valley even consistant within the rest of the EU?

Acctually the Xbox had the free look option... I guess thats what you would call it anyway. If you pressed the right joystick in it would switch to the first person veiw and you could look in all three axis (you just couldn't walk while doing it).

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

I think continuity and the EU tend to be more important in the novels because the type of person to read a SW novel will be interested in that. Of course, that doesn't stop the EU from occasionally become just one big tangle.

To the VAST majority of people who've never read a SW book but bought KOTOR, I imagine they could care less.

I guess I probably fall somewhere between the two extremes.

*applauds Nur Ab Sal*

Well done. 

:)

Personally I think that most important in KOTOR is gameplay and EU bugs are just pissing me off when I see lazyness of some canadian company. It wasn't difficult to read those few thin comics and design Korriban properly. So it is the lazyness and incompetence that really drives me mad...

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

Cmon guys some continuity errors are bound to happen. Even movies have plot holes and misscontinuities and they were written by one person.

It is a fact that if many people are describing something, they will describe it according to their pesronal angle of viewing, so there will be someoverlaping.

That all is only natural, but someone has to make sure that BIG errors don't happen. I guess this could be done by having some scenario control during the process of making a book/comic or a game or whatever..

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

Before KotOR my only knowledge of the valley was from JA, (a poor game I might add), and I was pretty disappointed with the KotOR version because it was so ridiculously generic. It was just one more stupid dungeon hub from bioware. That's all.

*applauds Nur Ab Sal*

Well done. 

:)

Personally I think that most important in KOTOR is gameplay and EU bugs are just pissing me off when I see lazyness of some canadian company. It wasn't difficult to read those few thin comics and design Korriban properly. So it is the lazyness and incompetence that really drives me mad...

thbup.gif

And so it should. After all, we're not forking over 50 odd bucks for another Tales of the Bounty Hunters contradiction fiasco.

(And don't get me started on LA's half-faked Boba Fett expanation. Sarlaac monster & Jaster Mareel my ass!)

:lol:

manthing2.jpg

Hahaha right! Their jaster maraael explanation is as lame as Bioware's explanation on Naga Sadow's korriban tomb (to hide sad truth that they were too lazy to read Fall of the Sith Empire and discover that this guy died on Yavin)...

When I hear how "big research" bioware has done on EU, my knife is getting even more bloodthirsty...

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Hahaha right! Their jaster maraael explanation is as lame as Bioware's explanation on Naga Sadow's korriban tomb (to hide sad truth that they were too lazy to read Fall of the Sith Empire and discover that this guy died on Yavin)...

When I hear how "big research" bioware has done on EU, my knife is getting even more bloodthirsty...

Moral of the story: Never send a Canadian to do a man's job! ^_^

*sees a dev*

Appeasement : Nice Canadian....goood Canadian. :)

manthing2.jpg

Ooooo man you're just impossible! :p

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Hey now! I don't see what differences it would make if the company was based in the states. Sure bio is based in canada but even if they were based in the states they more than likely wouldn't have done anymore research than they did. :angry:

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

AscendedPaladin.png

True but Jaguar was just joking.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Oh I know that :p , I just think Bio should have done better research :angry: .

AscendedPaladin.png