NEW KOTOR II Trailer

So after watching the Trailer Im...  

103 members have voted

1. 1. So after watching the Trailer Im...

• ...really looking forward to this game!
    • ...cautious not to get overhyped about it. Something to look out for.
    • ...hating this game even more! Die KOTOR 2!

One of the wishlist items for TSL is to make the game more difficult

The number of opponents appears to be slightly more than in KotOR. The few instances where I faced more than 3-5 opponents, I was either injured more than usual or died.

If this escalation in the number of opponents is truly indicative of TSL, then I think this game will be harder than KotOR.

Galen

:unsure: It's so sad. In only two days it's the hottest topic on the forum, and just as quickly as it rises, it falls. :( :ph34r: :(:blink: ...Hmmm, Maybe it's just because I'm posting at 7:20 in the morning... :p:);)

-_- Well, it looks like the time for this thread is over. :( Goodbye old friend. I'll miss you. :):(

:unsure: :ph34r: :wacko: Why did everyone forget this topic? :huh::rolleyes: :ph34r:

This topic was not forgotten. I regularly see 1-2 guests and 2-3 members browsing this topic. However, few people are posting comments of substance. If there's nothing to talk about, people won't talk. They'll just move on to the next thread that interests them. If you want discussion, come up with an attribute of the trailer to get opinions on.

Some we've already discussed are dificulty, saber colors, lack of dual-bladed sabers, new sith lord with red eyes, lack of new features, marketing trailers, Force Crush, guy-in-silver-suit, et cetera.

Perhaps we've talked this one out, but I doubt it.

Galen

I still say the game looks like KotOR and more than likely play like KotOR. I mean if there aren't any significant improvements tot he gameplay why even bother?

Why are u bothering? :rolleyes:

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

For the same reason why a man climbs a mountain.

To get to the top? :rolleyes:

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

I still say the game looks like KotOR and more than likely play like KotOR. I mean if there aren't any significant improvements tot he gameplay why even bother?

What could you see from the Trailer Hades? All we find out is that theres combat, npcs who join your party, and a very tiny snippet of the story, and graphics are similar to the first. Nothing in detail about anything, so we can't tell if its the same gameplay or not.

Weren't you not buying this anyway? Because it forced you to be a Jedi? :(

The animations new Force Powers look impressive. However, I didn't care for the sound in the trailer.

KOTOR's trailer gave me goosebumps the first time I saw it. It had Star Wars music, and the story looked very Star Wars. This trailer doesn't seem very Star Wars at all.

The high point has to be the Force Crush attack. The low point has to be the odd shaking camera like this is an old Sam Raimi movie.

The trailer was okay.

And heres a small preview...

Knights of the Old Republic II

New videogame developer Obsidian, based in Irvine, CA and employing former members of the Black Isle team, has had a team of 27 working on Knights of the Old Republic II since last August. The sequel to the top-selling Xbox game takes place two years after the closing battle of the original. Since the game's ending varied depending on whether you played on the dark side or light side of the Force, details of that war are not revealed. One thing that is understood is that the Jedis were devastated in that battle and the Sith are now hunting them down in an effort to exterminate them.

You create a new customizable hero and embark on a journey that will take you further into the history of Star Wars. Your character new Reven, the hero of the first game, before the events that transpired in that game, and now you've returned after a long retreat to find the world in chaos with powerful Sith Lords warring amongst each other.

After the first two planets, Telos, where you awaken in a mining facility with no weapons or clothes and no memory of how you got there, and Onderon, a planet that came from the Star Wars comic books, the game opens up and you can visit any of the seven plants in the order you choose.All of the planets feature larger and more diverse environments.

KotOR II features 60 new feats and 90 new force powers, including Force Crush, which tosses your opponent in the air and crushes him from within. There are also more bosses in this game, including Darth Sion, a Sith Lord you'll encounter within the first five hours of gameplay. In total, the adventure will be on par with the 45 hours of the original.

http://www.gigex.com/general/article/?id=7...27&source=00001

Because the game itself is not the same.

Why bother with PST, since it doesn't really play any different than Baldur's Gate? Or Fallout 2. Etc.

and now you've returned after a long retreat to find the world in chaos with powerful Sith Lords warring amongst each other.

Sounds like those Sith Lords aren't best buddies then... <_<

After the first two planets, Telos, where you awaken in a mining facility with no weapons or clothes and no memory of how you got there, and Onderon, a planet that came from the Star Wars comic books, the game opens up and you can visit any of the seven plants in the order you choose.All of the planets feature larger and more diverse environments.

Hmm, so like in the first game, we can't choose where to go at first? Pity, I was hoping that after escaping the mining facility, you chould choose to go just about anywhere... <_< :unsure:

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D