Sentinal

Depending on exactly what the different skills will allow you to do and how much you're allowed to use other characters and their skills,there might be certain items or quests that you can't as early or at all unless you are a Sen and have enough points in certain skills.

I think the devs have stated that no matter what, there will be certain areas/lightsaber techniques/sidequests that are only available to certain classes/prestige classes.

Which is a good thing in regards to replayability.

True but I've also seen it said that having certain skills may open up small side quests that you might not otherwise be able to do. Treat injury was the example given I believe.

Having high Repair will allow you more options in a number of areas. I would think the same could be said for Comp and Security and any other skill.

Maybe stealth will have a point besides simply having fun.

Who knows.

The Sens however have a chance,if fixed,to be a really great class in this one. But I don't think it's going to matter if they're not fixed.

I have never played as a sentinel, I'm not sure if the new game will give me any reason to change

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

ya I did it with a scout/guardian and scout/consular

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I was thinking about this a while back.

Yea, the sentinal does look like a good choice for KOTOR2. However. . .

In the first game, multiclassing wasn't excatly for Soldier/Guardian or Scoundrel/Consular. You were supposed to combine them, and I suddenly found myself really disliking the idea of, you know, only being able to play a jedi. Hey, I could be a nasty persuading guardian in the first game, or a buffed up consular (mmm. . . .armour + consular + lotsa weapon feats for sabers. . . = creamy goodness!)

And then I realized what the priestage classes are for. Specialization, baby.

Want to have even more force powers? Beat even more blood outta that meatbag? You've come to the right place. For all your lightside and darkside needs. . .Whoops! No shadowsiders allowed. :angry:

Consular + Jedi combat master = cheesy goodness

Fnord.

And with new "Dark Boots" it will be even better

from the sounds of it I am not sure that many will be impressed with skill points alone, when it comes to Sentinals. I would like it if they decided to give them a speacial stance from the get go, maybe one that has a high defense. Or maybe extra class skills. Just something that would help make Sentinals more of a fan favorite than just another class that only get used sometimes.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Well I think people are still going to prefer Consular, or Guardian, because your a badass one way or another

also the treat injury will help in the creation of stims and medpacks

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Yeah, I'll most likely play as sentinel on my first play through, only because that’s what I think I would be if I were a jedi  :lol:

But agree that sentinel was neither here nor there in kotor...scout/guardian or scout/consular were great in my opinion.

yeah.scout/consulor is my favorite.

I like having many skill points it made things easier epspecially with the way I used my chracters. On every planet I made sure the two NPCs I took were different making sure I used all the chracters even the hated :angry: Zaalbaar :angry: .

It is fun to have a change in how you deal with enemies and the games gets easier if you have a high repair or computer to use less spikes. If you are playing a lightside Sentinel without dominate mind it is also advantageous to have many persusion skill points.

I found good use for Zalbaar. His strength was so high that you could just give him a decent blade and some levels in Power Attack and he would do some damage. But he still spent most of his time on the Hawk when I was playing.

Does anyone know if the LS or DS mastery bonuses are changing or if they will be the same? I think the Sentinel has +4 Constitution for LS and some kind of immunity for DS which made it pointless to be a DS sentinel.

I found good use for Zalbaar.  His strength was so high that you could just give him a decent blade and some levels in Power Attack and he would do some damage.  But he still spent most of his time on the Hawk when I was playing.

Does anyone know if the LS or DS mastery bonuses are changing or if they will be the same?  I think the Sentinel has +4 Constitution for LS and some kind of immunity for DS which made it pointless to be a DS sentinel.

It was pointless being a sentinel full stop.

It seems that most people here are forgetting that the sentilnel only got a 15+ BAB at level 20, which is exactly the same as the scrawny consular for heaven's sake! The guardian at level 20 had a 20+ BAB, the same a soldier. So the sentinel base attack bonus is neither here nor there. <_<

Now if the Sentinels BAB at lvl 20 was halfway between 15+ and 20+ then there could be an argument to use it....but in KotOR there wasn't; hence dooming the sentinel to mediocrity...

manthing2.jpg