Old Trilogy vs. New Trilogy vs. KOTOR

3) I see no hope for the prequels to be saved judging by the earlier movies. Well, I suppose the only thing that might save it is if they allowed Natalie Portman to actually, you know, act. She is a freaking goddess... Ok, so maybe I am a little partial to her and thing Natalie Portman is awesome and not her character. I'm just attracted to a beautiful girl with a 4.0 from Harvard and with 4 fluent languages under her belt.

Knowing four languages isn

3) I see no hope for the prequels to be saved judging by the earlier movies. Well, I suppose the only thing that might save it is if they allowed Natalie Portman to actually, you know, act. She is a freaking goddess... Ok, so maybe I am a little partial to her and thing Natalie Portman is awesome and not her character. I'm just attracted to a beautiful girl with a 4.0 from Harvard and with 4 fluent languages under her belt.

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

But in a country where people can barely speak there own language then that is impresive!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Guest Fallen Jedi

If you want a real challenge then I suggest you try to learn Finnish.

*shudder* That's scary throught :rolleyes:. The nordic languages are similar enough to understand a little of them by looking at them, but finnish is an entirely another matter :rolleyes:. And I myself, I'm currently satisfied enough by my current challenge: Learning japansese :D

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

If you want a real challenge then I suggest you try to learn Finnish.

*shudder* That's scary throught :rolleyes:. The nordic languages are similar enough to understand a little of them by looking at them, but finnish is an entirely another matter :rolleyes:. And I myself, I'm currently satisfied enough by my current challenge: Learning japansese :D

Good for u! But I have enough trouble with english to take on another language.

Original Trilogy > KOTOR > Edited Original Trilogy > Prequels

Yup, case closed.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Force choke aaah finally annoying ass Legolas is dead.

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

The original trilogy, in their original form were so kickarse. The original trilogy in the current and future form is ass. The prequel movies are pieces of s***. The KotOR is far better than the prequel.

I have no problems with the PT. Only true Star Wars fans can look beyond the bad acting and special effects of the PT and see it for what it is....a great story.

If the PT were made back in 1977, 1980, 1983 and the OT made in 1999, 2002, and 2005. I bet people would be saying that the PT was the best and the OT is crappy.

When it is said and done, its basiclly a nostalgia thing more then anything else.

The original trilogy, in their original form were so kickarse.  The original trilogy in the current and future form is ass.  The prequel movies are pieces of s***.  The KotOR is far better than the prequel.

I have no problems with the PT. Only true Star Wars fans can look beyond the bad acting and special effects of the PT and see it for what it is....a great story.

If the PT were made back in 1977, 1980, 1983 and the OT made in 1999, 2002, and 2005. I bet people would be saying that the PT was the best and the OT is crappy.

When it is said and done, its basiclly a nostalgia thing more then anything else.

I don't think so.

The original trilogy, in their original form were so kickarse.

Wrong on that, Tyrell. At least for me you are wrong. One thing I hate in movies are story inconsistancies and Ep 1, 2, and most like 3 have major story inconsistancies where it comes to episodes 4, 5, and 6. THese inconsistancies kill the suspension of disbelief and kills any sort of fun watching them.

What kind of inconsistancies am I talking about? Obi-wan Kenobi said his master was Yoda in Episode 5. WHo was Obiwan's master? Quigon Jin. How about that stupid crap about the mitachloirans (msp)? Kind of inconsistant in what was in the Original Trilogy isn't in.

THis sort of thing pisses me off and why I hate Star Wars and George Lucas. THe franchise should have been the original 3 movies and that is it.

Obi-wan Kenobi said his master was Yoda in Episode 5. WHo was Obiwan's master? Quigon Jin.

ahh, but don't forget what Obi-Wan said to Luke when Luke asked why he said that Darth Vader murdered his father instead of telling him Vader was his father.

Some truths are seen from a certain point of view. And from a certain point of view, Yoda was his master because Yoda was a Jedi Master on the council and Obi-wan took his instructions from the council.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Wrong on that, Tyrell. At least for me you are wrong. One thing I hate in movies are story inconsistancies and Ep 1, 2, and most like 3 have major story inconsistancies where it comes to episodes 4, 5, and 6. THese inconsistancies kill the suspension of disbelief and kills any sort of fun watching them.

What kind of inconsistancies am I talking about? Obi-wan Kenobi said his master was Yoda in Episode 5. WHo was Obiwan's master? Quigon Jin. How about that stupid crap about the mitachloirans (msp)? Kind of inconsistant in what was in the Original Trilogy isn't in.

THis sort of thing pisses me off and why I hate Star Wars and George Lucas. THe franchise should have been the original 3 movies and that is it.

Well originally it was meant to be nine episodes and what u mention are not inconsistant (sp?). All padawans are intructed by Yoda before they are assigned to a master! One of Obi Wan's first lines in TPM is 'but Master Yoda said i should be mindful of the future!'

And on the count of medichlorians (sp?), GL alway intented for these to be included even thought they were not mentioned in the OT. He intended to tell people about them in the first 3 episodes so that you would already know what they are!

So where are your inconsistancies now?

I think ur just a sook! :)

Obi-wan Kenobi said his master was Yoda in Episode 5. WHo was Obiwan's master? Quigon Jin.

ahh, but don't forget what Obi-Wan said to Luke when Luke asked why he said that Darth Vader murdered his father instead of telling him Vader was his father.

Some truths are seen from a certain point of view. And from a certain point of view, Yoda was his master because Yoda was a Jedi Master on the council and Obi-wan took his instructions from the council.

Oh, don't go onto that bullsh*t. Don't even try to cover up GLs stupidity.

1. How do you feel about the prequel trilogy so far as compared to the original trilogy?

2. Which storyline do you like better, the prequels' or KOTOR's?

3. If (like me)you have been disapointed with EP. 1 and 2, do you think that it's possible that the third flick could save the trilogy.

1) I don't think the prequel trilogy (thus far) is bad as some people do. Every single SW movie has its good points and its bad points. Sorry if this gets a bit long.

There were several things that I liked about Ep1; Qui-Gon (Much better character than Obi-Wan imo), Darth Maul, cool title TPM, and the Duel of the Fates (Best saber fight in any movie). Some of the bad points for me was that the movie tended towards slapstick comedy (With Jar Jar and Gungans) that I didn't like, the inconsistencies between howObi-Wan describes meeting Anakin in OT and how it's shown here.

Ep2 I feel wasa better movie than Ep1 overall, it returned the more classic banter between Anakin and Padme (like Han and Leia's exchanges in OT) that was good, also the C-3PO and R2-D2 sequences, liked Yoda's fight, liked the Clones and their toys. Didn't like: the love story needed developing, the Dooku fight with both Obi-Wan and Anakin were way too short,I would have rathered seeing Anakin presented more as tortured than whiny, terrible title.

Ep4 is the classic. Naturally weforgive all of its faults due to how it wasthe first and when it was made but it doesn't mean it didn't have any problems. Characters were well developed and likeable, Death Star was kinda cheesy concept but handled well, fine acting. The Obi-Wan vs Vader duel was horrible but understandable. This is my sentimental favorite.

Ep5 The best of SW movies. Loved Hoth and Luke's training in Dagobah, loved Cloud City and Luke and Vader's duel. The Vader being the father of Luke was not very original but handled well, so it's not really a problem withme. Didn't care for the Falcon asteroid sequence and the monster there but there was little else I didn't really enjoy.

Ep6 Agh, here I have major problems. I feel about this movie the way many people feel about Ep1 which is why whenever people say how great the OT is I always think yeah 2/3 of it anyways. Things I hated about this movie: Ewoks first and foremost, yet another Death Star (Come on couldn't you come up with something better than using the same weapon from 4?), almost no capital ship engagements (Only one sequence where the Med Frigate exchanges fire with an ISD), Leia is Luke's sister (But of course, they needed a reason to end Luke's enfatuation with her since Ep4 without it being she dumped him and after Vader being revealed as the father Leia being the sister has little impact for me and no shock value as ESB's revelation). Things I liked: Vader's redemption and resolution with Luke, Boba Fett's death, Rancor, Emperor's death, the movie ended. Things I would have liked had Ep6 been as originally written: DS shield developed in Kashyyyk not Endor, Wookie slave revolt from Empire instead of Ewoks storyline, Luke and Vader dueling in the Emperor's throne room in Coruscant (then Had Abbadon) instead of DS's throne room, this would have made Ep6 a much better ending to the SW saga.

2) I like how the prequel trilogy is showing Palpatine's manipulations into becoming Emperor, from using both sides of Ep1's trade dispute to playing both ends of the Civil War in Ep2. I really enjoyed KotOR's storyline and it was fine for a game, however the Star Forge thing with it's endless fleets and whatnot would not be of my taste for a legit story theme. Like already mentioned though the game had much more time to be elaborated than the movies so naturally KotOR's story is richer in that aspect.

3) From your perspective no. If you have been disappointed with 1 and 2, 3 will not save the Trilogy for you. If 3 is good, then you'll appreciate it as a stand alone movie, however I see no reason 3 would change your opinion of the previous 2 movies if you already don't like them.

No he was just showing us urs!

I think to much info may sometimes ruin the whole mystique (Highlander 2 for example) and i feel the whole medichlorians thing in sw did that, anybody else feel the same?

I think it is safe to say most Star Wars fans feel the same. It would have been so easy to just leave that part out of the series, but noooo Lucas just had to mess with things.

TripleRRR

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

Episodes I and II certainly could have been a lot better. I do not equate them with the original movies, because they lacked its depth and gave the impression that they were cash cows more than an expansion upon the story itself.

If done right, Episode III could save the trilogy. I think they could salvage Episode II's image, but as long as people associate Jar Jar with the first episode, I'm afraid it's beyond redemption.

KotoR was the first SW property in a long time that really did justice to its source material. The Jedi Knight series was good, but that focused more on action than storyline. KotoR blended all the elements of a good game and a good story together, and I would personally like to slap every last person who thought that it didn't deserve GOTY.

To some extent, Yoda was the master for all Jedi. He trained all those Padawans in that room in AotC.

Also in AotC, Obi Wan lectured Anakin to spend more time learning proper lightsaber technique from Yoda.

Yoda trains all the Jedi so to a certain extent he is all of their masters.

Relisten to the Star Wars movies. Does Kenobi say Yoda trained him or does he say that Yoda was his master?

guys if there was no 1 2 3 then lucas should of called anh esb and rotj episode 1 2 3 instead of 4 5 6 i rather have there be episode 1 2 3 then non at all. Who cares if there a few things you didn't like no movie is perfect. I don't care a movie is a movie what so ever. lucas is not forcing you to see it.