Please make KOTOR 2 longer!

Was KOTOR too short?  

193 members have voted

1. 1. Was KOTOR too short?

• Yes
    • No

I think it was just fine length wise. Some people maybe burned through it much faster than others (I have heard of 23 hours from some people?) whereas others were more than 40. I took more than 70. Played lots of Pazaak, some Pod Racing. I didn't rush through it by any means but I don't think I really went too slowly either. Did my best to solve every quest and side quest though.

I did alot of pazaak also. Still around 20 hours. Then again, that doesn't include the time skipped by the infamous quick load. All sidequests but signing Nico and tatooine track (it was all buggy on my computer and I couldn't do it because of that).

kotor was alot longer than JA

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Ummmm, YA. JA was around a 4 hour game. Kotor is an rpg, and thus is almost guarenteed to be longer.

Anyway, I never needed any help. Wait, I needed a little help for the Korriban ring puzzle thing, but it was because I was too lazy and tired. Later I went through it using problem solving and got it right.

Anyway, walkthroughs are needed. That's one of my only problems with the game. It was easy enough to sleepwalk through it without walkthroughs on average.

I <<hangs head in shame>> needed help on only one part.

The Pressure valves on Mannan.

Even worse was IM VERY VERY good at maths....well used to be it seems and maths based problems used to be a piece of cake (and this one was a piece of cake as it turned out).

Ummmm, YA. JA was around a 4 hour game. Kotor is an rpg, and thus is almost guarenteed to be longer.

Anyway, I never needed any help. Wait, I needed a little help for the Korriban ring puzzle thing, but it was because I was too lazy and tired. Later I went through it using problem solving and got it right.

Anyway, walkthroughs are needed. That's one of my only problems with the game. It was easy enough to sleepwalk through it without walkthroughs on average.

They aren't so much as "needed". But the guys who do it "God bless their soul", spend countless hours figureing out almost every little thing and record it. And give us the opportunity to maybe see something we never would've found before. It takes away the whole element of suprise. But I rather that than take away my life. It's more like an option.

Sorry I didn't read any posters below the thread starters, but I agree with everything he said. The game was not only too short but like he said, it lacked depth and replay value. I also agree that Morrowind did very close to EVERYTHING right and that other rpg developers would be wise to try to make their games close to it. That said, KOTOR did alot right -- great story, cool side missions, really fun gameplay.

There just wasn't enough extra stuff. I posted on these forums earlier about more bounty hunter missions but this alone wouldn't have "fixed" the game. There could have been alot more terrain to cover, alot more side missions, so much more items, npcs to actually interact with, more swoop racing tracks, etc, etc, etc.. I really hope that the next game will include these "extras".

Also, I don't like being limited to one planet at the end...we should be able to explore the planets and continue to build the character that we played the game with. Well, now i'm just dreaming...of morrowind with lightsabers...hehe.

I <<hangs head in shame>> needed help on only one part.

The Pressure valves on Mannan.

Even worse was IM VERY VERY good at maths....well used to be it seems and maths based problems used to be a piece of cake (and this one was a piece of cake as it turned out).

I still haven't figured that out, so I just disable the forcefield.

iceman1731.jpg

Any longer and the game runs a risk of getting boring. KOTOR 1 took people 20-60 hours. A 70 hour game is absurd, and a 30 hour is good length. So thus you can't make it much longer. Besides, I found game length fine. If only there were more minigames which would allow you to play longer...

Any longer and the game runs a risk of getting boring. KOTOR 1 took people 20-60 hours. A 70 hour game is absurd, and a 30 hour is good length. So thus you can't make it much longer. Besides, I found game length fine. If only there were more minigames which would allow you to play longer...

Once you really get in to the game the hours and allsince of worldly time seem to be lost on you. Thats what playing a great game is like to me anyway.

iceman1731.jpg

KotOR took me almost exactly 30 hours to go through, and I explore everything there is to see on the first run and I never skip sidequests. I always felt the worlds were too small, the quests too short, the racing circuits too straight and the entire game too restricted. I want more and bigger worlds, longer, more difficult swoop racing tracks and more complicated sidequests. Why replay the same game twice to get 60 hours out of it when you can have the game last 60 hours?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Hmm, I for one never keept count of how long it took me to play throguh KOTOR 1.

And I don't really care either, the game was logn enough IMHO and it had great replay value which was the most important thing about the game IMHO and one I hope will remain in KOTOR 2. As far as I see it right now, I think I'll play KOTOR 2 at least 4 times once it is in my hands and that seems promising enough to me :).

But I hope the story and the characters of the game is good; that's what REALLY keeps my interest of a game no matter what nice "flashy effects" it may have ;).

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

I hope they have adjusted the difficulty of the game to make it tougher then the first. Although a good storyline and character development is crutial.. so is making the over all experience harder to get over then a speed bump to the kotor vets.

If you tried to accomplish every single aspect of the game on your first time, it will become quite boring on the second one because there isn't anything that really suprise you. I did that when I first played the game so I could completely understand everything. The game has gotten boring for me because most of the great "suprises" have been discovered.

On my X-Box, I've got saves from several people who have beaten the game over at my house. Final saves on the Star Forge seem to range from 26-30 hours. I'm a completist, and I try to hit everything. I even did the Geohardan quests despite playing LS. I think I hit 30 hours.

The game lasted me no more than 30 hours (estimate) with all the side quests completed. The linear aspect of the game cut down on a lot of time that could have been spent developing your own character and playing a more personal game.

The quest lengths were about right, but as I said before, the linear quality of the game did little to maximise the 'personal' potential of your character and the game as a whole.

That said, KotOR is one of - if not my favourite - game, and I thoroughly enjoyed the storyline in particular. Modifications to the linear (or not so linear) aspect of TSL would greatly improve both the quality and play time of the game.

Let me start by saying that, all things considered, I very much enjoyed the first KOTOR game. Now, I know that with any good game a big complaint is usually "I want more!" The thing is though, KOTOR really was abnormally short. Everyone I've asked said that's their main beef with the game. It promised so much depth and variety, and so I was kind of imagining Morrowind (IMO best single player game ever made for PC) with lightsabers. Big let down. And the main thing it was lacking was the depth. This not only made the game short, it gave it zero replay value. I tried both light and dark, and there's hardly any difference. Different char appearance, force powers, dialogues, and ending. Whoopdido. In Morrowind, not only did you have many factions to choose from (I realize the point of this game is to have 2 factions, so that's not really my beef), but every faction could be like a whole new game. You were sent to different places, different NPCs, did different things.

Summary: Great concept. Make it longer. Give it more depth. More dynamic char options. This has the potential to be better than Morrowind, or any game made yet for that matter. KOTOR 1 fell short of that expectation of mine. Please, do better with #2.

if you do all the side quests than it will take you 75 hours(or something near that) to beat the game and i would make the game go on forever if it was up to me but that is impossible

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Granted I would have loved the game to contain longer or more in depth sidequests as in the case of the bounty hunter or smuggler quests, but alltogether I think KOTOR was nearly perfect in its length.

I still would have loved to make some dough with Mission's brother though.

Would I like to have a Morrowind with lightsabers? Sure, especially considering Galaxies seems to be a critical flop. Besides, there's always the future.

Starrowind would be great fun... But then, if we just had one relatively tiny island again, there'd be outcry. The developers would have to make literally dozens of planets to satisfy the Star Wars fan lust... And the game's development would take about 20 years. It's nice to dream, anyway.

The game defenitely needs to be longer than the first... I recently replayed Baldur's Gate 2 for about my 20th time (no joke)... And I am still finding new stuff to do! I always rant on about BG2, but that's what kotor 2/3 needs to be like. BG2 in star wars.

It took me about 34 hours to beat the first time through (doing most of the side quests). Now I can finish it with all side quests complete in about 25 hours (skipping dialogue, which I hate to do). I don't think you want this game to be much longer than that. Unlike final fantasy and many of the popular Japanese rpgs, this game gives you a reason to play through it again and again. That being said, you want it to be a complete story and a satisfying game, but not too lengthy. Maybe just a little bit longer.