Please make KOTOR 2 longer!

Was KOTOR too short?  

193 members have voted

1. 1. Was KOTOR too short?

• Yes
    • No

I actually agree. It doesn't make sense that it is possible to do EVERY sidequest.

I know the game wants to make your choices more significant this time around, so I wouldn't be surprised to see some exclusiveness in the quests.

Unfortantly it seems that we're going to have to wait for Kotor 3 to get a significantly longer game.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I think the gam ing areas whould have been bigger.  More exploration rather simply a set of location sites for plot events to occur in .

Don't know if the consoles can handle that. It would be nice with bigger areas though, as long as they are not just to fill out game time with traveling time.

I think the gam ing areas whould have been bigger.  More exploration rather simply a set of location sites for plot events to occur in .

Don't know if the consoles can handle that. It would be nice with bigger areas though, as long as they are not just to fill out game time with traveling time.

why shouldn't they. Low Ram can be programmed around. Just look at other RPGS, final fantsy etc. More areas don't actully have to be bigger in size.just more of them.

Look at Zelda - and that was on N64!!! Large areas and freeform exploration would be really cool.

I enjoyed Kotor 1 very much but yes, it was short and many times I wished that every planet was as extended as Taris. This planet had, in my opinion, the best balance between side quests, battles and "puzzles". There was something to do in every location of the map. It was also less linear than the other planets. I sometimes had a feeling of "emptyness" on the other planets. I also wish K2 has more galaxy extended quests like the Genoharadan assassin missions (without necessarily being asassin missions). In Kotor 1, once you finished a planet, there was little reason to come back there later on in the game.

After playing some of the other cRPGs out there, it's noticeable how short KOTOR was, and is a little disappointing that TSL will be approximately the same length. It would have been nice if the game was expanded upon by sidequests, even if the main quest remains about the same length.

I don't necessarily want a 200 hour game, but it'd be nice if the game actually came close to about 40 to 50 hours of play. As it is, KOTOR only lasted about 30 hours if you took everything slowly and did everything imagineable. If you raced through it you could finish in under 20 hours. That's pretty short.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Well in BG2 you could have several strongholds if you played single player, i had 2strongholds with one character, when BG2 exspansion came i had 3.

But either way i played BG2 over 2years spend 3day completing it apprx, but i played it again several times with different characters because it was fun story, npc and atmosphere was good i loved that game, i played Kotor through in 2days i think and i dident think there was much to see after played a couple of other chars for a while then eventually stopped playing it completely.

Story was excellent but gameplay sucks after you've gone through it there isnt much more to see, with only 3 classes and suck for points to put in stats i rarely bother playing any real dual classes.

And since you have to play to lvl 8 in some other class than jedi i dident bother playing any of the other classes for long since they rely on skills and force points more than fighter.

How could you have several strongholds in Baldur's Gate 2?

I know you can do the "stronghold qualifying missions" with any character, but how can you do the stronghold?

As a Paladin, it was impossible for me to do the Fighter stronghold missions in the castle.

Back to KOTOR 2, IIRC I believe they mentioned something along the lines of certain areas only being open on planets if certain conditions were met (like a level requirement, certain NPC, LS or DS, or event triggered). So it sounds like we'll have reasons to go back to certain planets.

Back to KOTOR 2, IIRC I believe they mentioned something along the lines of certain areas only being open on planets if certain conditions were met (like a level requirement, certain NPC, LS or DS, or event triggered).  So it sounds like we'll have reasons to go back to certain planets.

I hope it is done in a fluid sort of way, rather than just a tedious effort where you have to "guess" when to return to planets, and thus might have to try and see if anything gets triggered whenever your PC goes up a level.

In other words, I hope it's story related, sort of like in KOTOR when your NPC's sidequests were triggered and a cutscene sorta let you know it was available.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Are people deleting posts or something?

This thread is at the top as most recently replied to...but GoA is the most recent poster from days earlier?

I answered this question of yours in another thread.

It's because it's a poll. So whenever someone votes it gets bumped up, even if they don't post an actual response.

Back to KOTOR 2, IIRC I believe they mentioned something along the lines of certain areas only being open on planets if certain conditions were met (like a level requirement, certain NPC, LS or DS, or event triggered).  So it sounds like we'll have reasons to go back to certain planets.

I hope it is done in a fluid sort of way, rather than just a tedious effort where you have to "guess" when to return to planets, and thus might have to try and see if anything gets triggered whenever your PC goes up a level.

In other words, I hope it's story related, sort of like in KOTOR when your NPC's sidequests were triggered and a cutscene sorta let you know it was available.

The quests should be like a tree, and you get quests depending on your choices. The quest should get to you a bit like in KotOR party meber-quests, but unlike them they should have different new quests appearing depending on if you chose DS, LS or took a more neutral stance.