No TOOLSET!?!?!

As far as I've heard, there will be no toolset. Did microsoft get to Obsidian too? They said it was because they had no time, but I knew that was lying crap. I cant take this bullcrap honestly, unless there are cheats to spice the game up a bit after you finish, I don't really see the point. We all know the reason they wont release the toolset is that microsoft want crazy corrupt people to actually buy the game on xbox. I don't ever remember this happening in neverwinter nights. All I or any other modder could ask for is a simple toolset, I'd be glad to wait for it. What greater advantage is there to be able to, once finished with a game, be able to continue it with your own story, to bend it to your will. I'm sorry if this is useless flaming but I just had to get it out. I'm just glad that Frank is working on a "map editor". Hope it works with KOTOR:TSL too. Please don't take it personally.

Lamenting,

CM GSCCC

I do believe I said DO NOT TAKE IT PERSONALLY!!!! I was just venting so cursing me out wasn't necessary at all it's just bad debating.

In short I DONT CARE WHAT YOU THINK

You'd rather they take another year to make a toolset?

I do believe I said DO NOT TAKE IT PERSONALLY!!!! I was just venting so cursing me out wasn't necessary at all it's just bad debating.

Now that is better. However, I do think that since obsidian is making the game now that perhaps they can do the radient editor or something like that, not quite user friendly but not impossible to use, and it doesnt use tiles. But once again, I was just venting, I had to get it off my chest for the hard work my friends have done at holowan Laboratories. As i said before, sorry if i offended anybody.

Now that is better. However, I do think that since obsidian is making the game now that perhaps they can do the radient editor or something like that, not quite user friendly but not impossible to use, and it doesnt use tiles. But once again, I was just venting, I had to get it off my chest for the hard work my friends have done at holowan Laboratories. As i said before, sorry if i offended anybody.

I'm not really familiar with the Radiant editor, but it would be nice if they released it for the modders. Though I think the real issue is with Luca$ and not Microsoft.

Didn't offend me. Reverse engineering's a bitch, as the folks o'er at Base 16 Entertainment, home of the KotOR AE total conversion will tell you. <guffaws>

I understand, I tried once using the module creation tutorial but it was just too darn frustrating because I can't see what is going on in front of me. And now frank has been silent for a week so i dont know whats going on. However as a modder, I do like the looks of that KOTOR:AE mod and respect the time it takes, I was going to make the conversion that continued the story after the darkside ending, attacking the core worlds and claiming your true authority over dreshdae. I guess, being Irish, i can get pretty heated up over a stupid thing. Thank God for Frank, mabey he will just make more tools for TSL. But is there going to be cheats like before?

flameing?? i dont remember doing that

Well, I use the term loosely. There is plenty of pent-up anger and hostility on this forum though, and when it seeps out, it's always toned down to a playground level. It's a shame things always go from one extreme to other. A little balance would be great.

Well, I use the term loosely. There is plenty of pent-up anger and hostility on this forum though, and when it seeps out, it's always toned down to a playground level. It's a shame things always go from one extreme to other. A little balance would be great.

Yea, i know, and im sorry i "flamed". I can get caught up in the drama a bunch. However, I was wondering if there was going to be any cheats like the last one.

Yea, i know, and im sorry i "flamed". I can get caught up in the drama a bunch. However, I was wondering if there was going to be any cheats like the last one.

There usually are, they're not 'cheats' until they get sent out with the game after its gone gold.

Before that, they're tools for the devs to test things, and such. :)

They aren't making a toolset, not because they can't, but because Lucasarts is really tight-assed about people modding their products. Call it the George Lucas Totalitarian streak.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

I finished KOTOR twice and can't be arsed to start a third game anymore. The game has become boring to me now. If they won't/can't release a Worldbuilder to KOTOR 2 I probably won't buy the game. KOTOR is now collecting dust in my closet after I played it twice. That isn't worth 50 Euro.

Welcome back; your last visit was: Jan 4 2005, 09:53 AM

I finished KOTOR twice and can't be arsed to start a third game anymore. The game has become boring to me now. If they won't/can't release a Worldbuilder to KOTOR 2 I probably won't buy the game. KOTOR is now collecting dust in my closet after I played it twice. That isn't worth 50 Euro.

Well, that's a shame. But there are obviously a lot of people who are willing to pay 50 euros (or $50 -- what's the current exchange rate, anyway?) for a game without a toolset.

The economics of including toolsets are questionable. There seems to be strong price resistance to anything over $60 or so, toolset or not. They'd have to get a lot more sales from including a toolset to justify doing the work.

Assuming LA would let them do that in the first place, and I'm not sure they would.