Just My KOTOR II Input.....

I understand that part. But I think he feels the only way NPCs will be different depending on LS/DS and gender is based upon an apprentice, which I do not think will necessarily be the case.

True, I did make that assumption.

Here is why:

The Jedi (and maybe the Sith) may prefer to asign apprentices to masters of the same gender.

I couldn't think of any other likely reasons you would get a different character depending on gender.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

It would be neat if you could sell your apprentice on being a Consular or something.

In fact, I'd go more for Ender's approach, where you'll have a male and female, and how they grow is based upon how you grow.

It'd be neat if it wasn't all perfect though. If you turn to the Darkside, then have some dialogue if not to psychotic lure them to the Darkside, but if you are a crazy person than they will be repulsed by the Darkside and revert back to LS or something.

In any case, if this game does indeed have an apprentice (which the *ding**ding* would indicate), I'm betting the farm on the apprentice turning on you at some point.

Speeders would be okay, as long as you don't pilot them, kind of like the ship on Manaan...as for the apprentice, call me pessimistic, but the Morgan man could have been referring to Fardragon's correct information on the mentor-apprentice relationship, but I severely hope not... :ph34r:

I don't want the apprentice to turn on your abritrarily. That should depend on how the relationship goes. I suppose I could by it a little if the apprentice was lured by a more powerful Sith and corrupted, but your choices in the game should have meaning.

I don't want the apprentice to turn on your abritrarily. That should depend on how the relationship goes. I suppose I could by it a little if the apprentice was lured by a more powerful Sith and corrupted, but your choices in the game should have meaning.

I think that will be how it will work. Remember that the actions of the PC will now influence party members alignment. If you do the wrong thing you may loose your padawan to the dark side or get them killed, but if you are a good teacher that can be avoided.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

I don't want the apprentice to turn on your abritrarily.  That should depend on how the relationship goes.  I suppose I could by it a little if the apprentice was lured by a more powerful Sith and corrupted, but your choices in the game should have meaning.

Spellmar in his infinite wisdom and intelligence says:

arbitrarily

How do you want the padawan to be represented? Should he be weak minded and might turn on you if you don't make the right choices and please him? Should he be stubborn and be so strongly adhered to his own ideas that he could be a problem? Or do you want a young padawan with a mind for molding? What kind of teaching would you do?

I would be like Jack Black in School of Rock..."Kid, this will test your head, and your mind, and your brain"....

• 2 weeks later...

I really like the idea of an apprentice, it sort of gives a more active version (though of a different nature) of the Revan-Bastila bond in the first game and given how that (in some way) will hang over this game it creats good depth, more RPG than hack-n-slash, better cause-effect and good continuity with the first game.

You are after all a guy/gal who followed Revan off to the Mandalorian wars and then esp. of you go LS, you have a good mirror to the Sith master/apprentice realtionship.

Someone earlier mentioned romance between them.....well that would be interesting, given obviously not only the Jedi (and SIth) codes views on love but also how it relates to a master/student relationship.

I would rather be the master then the apprentice. Another bunch of,"Sure, council, I understand, etc." is not what I want. Instead I want to be able to talk to my apprentice and what I say to them influences how they act, how they fight, etc.

I would rather be the master then the apprentice. Another bunch of,"Sure, council, I understand, etc." is not what I want. Instead I want to be able to talk to my apprentice and what I say to them influences how they act, how they fight, etc.

I think most of us feel like that...but how do you suggest we influence their fighting technique? Like suggest a stance that they could take? ;)

Not in this game. you are barely able to use the force remember?

You haven't had any training for about....10 years?

Taking an apprentice would be dangerous, and lame.

Of course it would be dangerous, but whose going to stop you? And plus it's not like you take one on when you start learning...maybe level ten...but I think that you are the apprentice to Kreia, and then you take one on when you get enough power and wisdom... ;)

Of course it would be dangerous, but whose going to stop you? And plus it's not like you take one on when you start learning...maybe level ten...but I think that you are the apprentice to Kreia, and then you take one on when you get enough power and wisdom... :p

No how about level 20(jedi master!,remeber)

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Of course it would be dangerous, but whose going to stop you? And plus it's not like you take one on when you start learning...maybe level ten...but I think that you are the apprentice to Kreia, and then you take one on when you get enough power and wisdom... :blink:

No how about level 20(jedi master!,remeber)

Why that long into the game? That's like the end, unless they go over 30 levels <_< ...not long enough to teach them... ;)

i want an apprentice but all was said was master/apprentice not necessarily meaning ur the apprentice tho.

but i think u should get one around level 10-15 if u do get one

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

• 4 weeks later...

An apprentice would be nice...but I don't think I could handle 'em whining at me all the time. "Master, I want to do this, I want to do that, waa waa waa-" Shut up and get back in the speeder!

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast