In retailiation for this outrage.

OrganisedChaos

Does the delay of TSL so enrage you that you will NOT buy the trilogy DVD?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Does the delay of TSL so enrage you that you will NOT buy the trilogy DVD?

• NO WAY IM GETTING IT! Lucas is NOT getting my money now.
    • I'll still buy the DVD, though I am mad as hell.
    • Nothing could stop me from buying it. NOTHING.
    • I never wanted it in the first place!

We poor PC gamers who are left with this Lucas atrocity. Since we are denied the chance of spending our money on TSL, who will now refuse to spend their money on the trilogy DVD in protest?

I myself was divided over whether or not to buy the films since I already have a version of them and the DVD is really just a 'super special edition'. Now I probably won't buy the trilogy.

Umm, and what does XPox version of TSL being released in December has to do with original trilogy DVD set?

As well, what is the atrocity you're talking about?

[end subtle sarcasm]

If you couldn't tell, the entire poll is slightly sarcastic. :)

The fact that the x-box release is sooner than the pc has caused mass anger from many people, which may or may not be overreaction. I was interested in seeing how far people would be willing to go to express this anger.

By refusing to buy the DVD they will be hurting Lucas's profits to get revenge. It seems a better that than flaming Lucasarts and microsoft and starting pettitions or by other means to get back at Lucas.

If you couldn't tell, the entire poll is slightly sarcastic. :lol:

The fact that the x-box release is sooner than the pc has caused mass anger from many people, which may or may not be overreaction.  I was interested in seeing how far people would be willing to go to express this anger.

By refusing to buy the DVD they will be hurting Lucas's profits to get revenge.  It seems a better what than flaming Lucasarts and microsoft and starting pettitions or by other means to get back at Lucas.

Well, I could only see ignorant and bluntly stupid people get angry at that fact. As I said in two other threads (KotOR 2 General Discussion), the release dates have nothing to do with MS trying to establish a world-wide rule of terror. The reason is that debugging process is much easier for the consoles, because the consoles' specs are static, while there are endless variations of PC configurations out there. So the XPox's version probably needed less work, that's why it's being released earlier. Or did you expect LA/Obsidian actually hold off the XPox version's release until the PC version is finished? There're many employees in those companies that need to eat, you know.

It's simply the XPox version that's being released earlier, not PC version being postponed. So save your wrath for the world's governments making their citizens slaves for upholding their rotten existance instead. ^_^

I'm waiting for the package of all 6 films. Hopefully by then, GL will be dead and someone else will be in charge of Lucasarts and will release a Alien Quadrilogy quality package, with both the theatrical cuts, and special editions.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I'm not much of a SW fan. The only DVD trilogy I want is when the original theatrical release versions becomes avaiable on DVD, unedited, uncut, un-socalled-enhanced (sheesh that was bad) and maybe with a few extras like outtakes, things that didn't make it into the movie, the making of etc. on a disc of its own <_>

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I'm not sure I was going to buy it anyways. With all the "changes" Georgie boy has made, and not really for the better, I don't see the point.

If they ever decide to release the ORIGINAL trilogy (as seen in the movie theatres) on DVD, then I'll buy those the second they're released. But this DVD trilogy is a "if I'm bored and have some spare money laying around" type of purchase.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

If they ever decide to release the ORIGINAL trilogy (as seen in the movie theatres) on DVD, then I'll buy those the second they're released.  But this DVD trilogy is a "if I'm bored and have some spare money laying around" type of purchase.

Have fun waiting for the original trilogy to come out on anything other than VHS. Lucas will die before they put out the original trilogy again.

Anyways, I'm going to get it although I'm not sure when.

We'll just have to wait patiently then... :(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I say he'll go into cryo statis and be resurrected later in the future, thus destroying all hope of ever releasing the original trilogy on dvd.

I thought he was going to use his infinite mastery of the darkside to transfer his twisted mind and being to thousands of clones he made and take over the world and reduce our language so our views get smaller and smaller and run a global diet pill pyramid scheme, and create a whole new branch of Thought Police to rule mercilessly over our heads as we wage eternal war against Soviet Canada and Eurasia.

I say he'll go into cryo statis and be resurrected later in the future, thus destroying all hope of ever releasing the original trilogy on dvd.

I thought he was going to use his infinite mastery of the darkside to transfer his twisted mind and being to thousands of clones he made and take over the world and reduce our language so our views get smaller and smaller and run a global diet pill pyramid scheme, and create a whole new branch of Thought Police to rule mercilessly over our heads as we wage eternal war against Soviet Canada and Eurasia.

Of course. I thought that was implied.

This has seriously got to be the lamest suggestion ever.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta