KOTOR II Force Powers

Ah well, I don't have a whole lot of knowledge on the EU, I've only read a couple books. That was just something that I knew from somewhere. Anyway, I'd say that the whole "No love!" thing was probably made by Lucas simply as another way to push Anakin towards the dark side and all that jazz.

I tend to agree.

And if the Jedi were stupid enough to create such an edict, they'd have to know it would blow up someday. If someone falls in love, which is natural, and they are forced to hide it, it only feeds anger and resentment. Then that Jedi is likely to fall.

That's why I'd prefer if we could be the middle of both extremes. Be a shadow/grey jedi. It's the only way. <_<

There are emotions, yet we have Serenity.

There is Chaos, yet Harmony is produced.

There are passions, yet there can be Balance.

There is often hurry, still we cultivate patience.

There is much ignorance, this knowledge is wisdom.

There will be Death. But there is the Force.

Well you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.

Yes. Jolee tried to run that road, but failed, being simply a good Jedi who was good at faking it. In KOTOR, the worst thing for a character is to not choose and extreme. There should be a middle ground -- a "True Neutral" if you will.

"You shall not pass!"

That's why I'd prefer if we could be the middle of both extremes. Be a shadow/grey jedi. It's the only way. <_<

There are emotions, yet we have Serenity.

There is Chaos, yet Harmony is produced.

There are passions, yet there can be Balance.

There is often hurry, still we cultivate patience.

There is much ignorance, this knowledge is wisdom.

There will be Death. But there is the Force.

It can't work. The Dark Side is too much of a corrupting influence. But I think you're confusing the Jedi Council's Edicts with the Light Side of the Force. They are not the same. The Council makes these rules in order to promote growth in the Light Side of the Force. But they are ultimately rules made by flawed men and women. Sometimes they work great, and sometimes they backfire spectacularly.

A ghostly shadow who sits and watches, a warrior forgotten by time he stays a narrow path between light and dark. Letting neither the force control him or him control the force but to use it achieving a far greater power that neither jedi nor the sith can achieve. a mystery who only reveals himself when he decides

kind a cool I like the Idea of the class jedi shadow

the power the power its all mine its all mine mu hu wah ha ha ha :D :D :D ;)

The Force is traditionally broken down into two unique aspects Dark and Light. Yet the question is often asked, "is the Force really so polarised?". If the Dark and Light sides of the Force are like two sides of one coin then there would be no confusion. However the Force is an energy field, and such cannot be classified in this way. The force in essence is pure energy neither good nor evil, these are sentient concepts and are injected into the force by conduits or wielders of the Force.Therefore we should not consider the Force as Light and Dark sides, for the Force cannot be classified into such opposing categories.

If the Force is not black and white, what is in-between?

The Shadow Side; Force users on the edge of Dark and Light, using them in harmony and achieving a balance such that they follow neither side fanatically. Moreover Shadow Side Force users adapt their Force ability to the situation they are in. A Shadow user will not use the Light side when what is called for is the Dark. Most Dark Side users give themselves completely to the Darkside and use their abilities only to commit evil acts of hate, anger, aggression and fear. Whereas a Light Side user only uses the Force for good such as defence and knowledge.

That was taken from the force academy. I think it makes a few good points.

Force Academy

Well you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.

I'd say it's more for fun then anything else, but you've got a good point. Could be a cult in the making. Wanna be Jedi and Sith roaming around tryin to rule the world with plastic lightsabers. ;) Hopefully not though cuz I kinda liked reading the info they showed.

Yes. Jolee tried to run that road, but failed, being simply a good Jedi who was good at faking it. In KOTOR, the worst thing for a character is to not choose and extreme. There should be a middle ground -- a "True Neutral" if you will.

I think that depends on how you define neutral. Being a neutral person is not the same as being neutral in the Force. Jolee did not believe or follow the extreme code of the Jedi,he may have followed the light(er) path but that doesn't make him a Light Jedi in the tradtional meaning of the word.

yeah the story is deep I liked the movies and the various stories but people have got to draw the line somewhere dude, they are that stories. It's fun to watch and read but these guys have gotten littlebcarried away

also Ive seen a group who meets at midnight in full atire and using there sw names they fight in sabre duels and salute each other with the famous phrase

"May the force be with you" :)

g4techtv's nerd nation

man there is a big world out there huge go get some fresh air

As did Kyle Katarn in the Jedi Knight series of games but it's not canon, just as Jolee and KOTOR isn't. So Lucas can and will ignore it.

It's sad that the Jedi become so extreme as to rule out Loving someone as having any worth. But it happens a lot in a community that has seen so much of their blood shed as the Jedi have. They believe rules, and codes can save them, when in the very end, Love is a powerful emotion, that can cause people to do extraordinary things. Technically Jedi falling in love is not forbidden YET in the KOTOR timeframe. I believe it won't become a rule not to love until 1000 years before Phantom Menace. Love is, I guess, looked down upon for a Jedi at this point it time. It's sad really to forget about Being one with the force, and Making the Force something completely seperate from yourself. The Force Shouldn't be seperated from the one using it. The user should enjoy life with the force as opposed to it being JUST a burden.

The Jedi Order made a few mistakes. One, they never should have trained Anakin. Yoda sensed in him what he might bring. And there was the lost 20 debaucle. Then they forbid love, ignore the threat of Palpatine when they're told about him, and get too involved in galactic affairs.

Yoda can see many things. I have my own theory that Yoda knew everything all along. At the end of Episode 1, when Mace asks "yes, but was he the master or apprentice?", Yoda looks over to Palpatine. And when they debate over training Anakin, Yoda gets this look on his face like he knows he's opening Pandora's box.

Yoda is watching Anakin as Anakin slaughters the Tusken Raiders. Does Yoda chastise Anakin? Surely Anakin must know the path Anakin started down, but he lets Anakin remain a Jedi.

I think Yoda believed in the prophecy, and felt it was necessarily to restore balance, even though it meant the destruction of the current Jedi Council.

And after watching all of that destruction, knowing he could have prevented it, it makes it that much more meaningful when Yoda objects to training Luke many years later. Would you want to deal with Anakin's kid?

Yep. Yoda knew it was going to happen, and that it had to happen... :) ...such is the wisdom of Yoda...

Well, you could call it wisdom...

Just because something bad is going to happen doesn't mean you can't fight it anyway.

"You shall not pass!"

Yep. Yoda knew it was going to happen, and that it had to happen... :) ...such is the wisdom of Yoda...

Just because something bad is going to happen doesn't mean you can't fight it anyway.

Of course not, but he knew that it would have to happen to bring balance...

Plus, if they did something about it, there wouldn't be the story that we've all grown accustomed with... ;)

Yep. Yoda knew it was going to happen, and that it had to happen... ;) ...such is the wisdom of Yoda...

Of course not, but he knew that it would have to happen to bring balance...

Plus, if they did something about it, there wouldn't be the story that we've all grown accustomed with... ;)

What a shame - no whiny Anakin prquels...

"You shall not pass!"

Yep. Yoda knew it was going to happen, and that it had to happen... :unsure: ...such is the wisdom of Yoda...

You might know that something is going to happen, and not have the power to change it. You might know a storm is coming, but that doesn't mean you can change the weather.