Pimp My Lightsaber!

I wanted to start a thread about really crazy ideas for lightsabers just for kicks. Here are my lame ideas.

I think it would be pretty freakin sweet to have a lightsaber with an errie black light glow or light blue glow on the outside of the sabers beam with the center of the beam completely black. The glow would be key so you could actually see the black inner beam. I was thinking the lightsaber should be so tainted by the Darkside it warps your characters appearance beyond recognition. Mask anyone?

I was also thinking about a lightsaber that glows like the crystal in Gandoff's staff when he was traveling through the mines of Moria. A blinding light that grows stronger when it comes into close proximity with the Sith and places that are tainted by the darkside. In combat the saber could have something like a 40% chance of blinding a Darkside opponent momentarily when you do battle with them.

Cheers!

That would be freakin sweet to have mostly for the fact cuz I'd want one with the beam center black and neon green glowing around it. Blue and black as well. Cuz you'd find me swingin both of them. Maybe if enough people wanted a saber like that at the very least it could be incorporated in the xbox live content.... even though I wouldn't have any chance of gettin it then but still. It will probably never be seen it's definetly a great idea and one I'd like to see in action.

A saber that light glowin brighter the closer it gets to darkside taint is also a damn great idea. And to blind them would always be a plus. Maybe as a special saber that you got doing a quest to make it more special. Maybe almost like the Raven/Star Forge Robes depending on if are are lightside or darkside. That would totally help with the whole lightsabers being special thing. :)

Other then that I only idea I could come up with would be mood changing lightsabers. If you preform a darkside act or say something along the lines or being a darksider it would glow red, or a lightside act or sayin something along the sides or the lightside blue. Green of course if like one of the NPC out shines you in some way and you come off as jealous. I'm pretty sure I had other ideas but for some reason I forgot them and it was the only thing that came to mind. :D

Well you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.

:rolleyes:

As it was pointed out years ago a "dark" lightsaber woule emit no light because its BLACK, it would be absorving light and it would operate completly diferent that a lightsaber does.

I find your lack of vision disturbing.. :rolleyes:

Prehaps there is more manipulating this sabers color than just the crystal? Maybe this sabers eerie illumination could be a product of the Darkside itself? Grow an imagination Drakron as stated above in my first post this thread is just for fun!!!!!!

Dereth awsome pic! I was thinking widen the black beam with just a little bit of blue illumination would look cool as well.

Cheers!

Maybe if the darksaber was like a black hole? An incredibly thin black hole stretched out like a sword? :)

I think a black lightsaber would be really neat if it wasn't glowing around the edges, but instead it looked like it was consuming the light around it, making whatever it has in the background darker around the black blade. I can already imagine the violent, destroying sound it would make as you swirled it around you :)

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Other then that I only idea I could come up with would be mood changing lightsabers. If you preform a darkside act or say something along the lines or being a darksider it would glow red, or a lightside act or sayin something along the sides or the lightside blue. Green of course if like one of the NPC out shines you in some way and you come off as jealous. I'm pretty sure I had other ideas but for some reason I forgot them and it was the only thing that came to mind. :D

This idea's not all that bad, but instead of making it like a mood ring, how about make it more of an allignment saber by combining this with the idea's Mr. Skin Mask came up with in the initial post.

For instance, If your allignment is towards the Light side, it's white as snow, and gets more and more brilliant, along with an increased chance of blinding your opponents the higher towards the Light you are. But if your allignment is towards the darkside, it gets blacker and blacker, and depending on whether or not you fight any Jedi in the game (not Dark Jedi, Jedi) then it would start pulsating around the edges with force lightning, and would have a bonus of shocking your opponent. If you don't fight any Jedi, than it can always just be based on how 'bad' you are. <_<

P.S. There's some awesome mods on that site Victus, is it yours?

I'd like to see different fighting styles that you could learn and be visually and practically different. Maybe Sith use more agressive forms, maybe the length of the blade factors in (strong defense on dual-kodachi, reach/sweeping arcs with longer blades, quick movements with short ones etc) etc.

Maybe some combo with hand combat (kicks, elbows, headbuts, sweeps etc) used alongisde lightsabers. Alas, engine and resource constraints make this unlikely.

For the actual lightsaber itself, I hope the customisable hilts have an effect on its properties and aren't just aesthetic. I've always liked a black blade that's suitable for stealth.

Edit: To go along with the different lightsaber forms, each form would have their unique moves, especially the ultimate move. When the ultimate move is used and there's a kill, the screen could fade out etc and make a drama thing (complete with shouting out ultimate move's name). :)

Spreading beauty with my katana.