Dark Jedi and Sith Apprentices

I was always kind of confused on this. Maybe someone can help clear this up. What's the difference between a Dark Jedi and a Sith? Is it just a matter of going through the Sith Academy, or is it more of a proclamation? If you've fallen from the light, do you have to be named a Sith by a Sith Master or can you just say, "I am Sith." I always kind of thought being a Sith required unique kind of training in the ways of the Sith, while a Dark Jedi was someone like Juhani or Asajj Ventress who's just pissed at the world. Yet Anakin doesn't get any kind of special training and just merely fell. Sidious then appoints him as a Sith Lord. So I'm a little confused about this.

That's always been my take on it.

A Dark Jedi is a former Jedi who has fallen to the darkside. A Sith Apprentice is a Force sensitive being who has been trained in the Sith teachings for the vast majority of their Force training.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I may be wrong (and if I am I apologize in advance) but I think it's like this: In Kotor, the Sith is like the Empire. After Kotor and during the time of Episode I, there was only supposed to be 2 Sith at any one time. This was the rule of duality started by Darth Bane. Dark Jedi, on the other hand, is a term used to classify any jedi that uses the dark side.

I may be wrong (and if I am I apologize in advance) but I think it's like this: In Kotor, the Sith is like the Empire. After Kotor and during the time of Episode I, there was only supposed to be 2 Sith at any one time. This was the rule of duality started by Darth Bane. Dark Jedi, on the other hand, is a term used to classify any jedi that uses the dark side.

That makes sense, but during the era of KOTOR, there seemed to be little difference than Dark Jedi and the Sith. In fact, it seemed like some Dark Jedi even had Sith Masters. I also thought only Sith could use red lightsabers. Even if a Jedi had fallen, he or she would still use their old blue or green sabers until they became a Sith in full.

But I guess that might only be a matter of getting a red crystal.

I see it like this a sith is a dark jedi. it's just people not affiliated come to know them as dark jedi. while those with knowledge within the force address them as sith. but it goes byond that. dark jed are like low ranking sith then dark jedi knight then sith master. and the most highest ranking is called a sith lord a most powerful advversarie who has instant command of the force. his concentration and control over the force is so stronge he uses little or no will to overthrow opponents in mastery of lightsaber and or knowledge of the force. so even a jedi master could fall prey to a simple mind trick caused by a lord.

but being of the dark side you will simply be adressed as a sith or dark jedi if you are low ranking.

oh yeah a sith apprentice is like a padawan there to follw in their masters footsteps except in their own way if their master falters or falls. and each sith master has two apprentices. even a jedi knight can still be an apprentice until he is ready to step up and become a master then he becomes on his own.

in the order your a padawan until you can pass the test then you become a jedi knight after that you venture own your own promoting peace..

A Sith is a Sith.

A Sith is organization with its own rules, traditions, technology and force skills.

The Sith are not much diferent of the Jedi in that reguards.

A dark jedi is a Jedi that fallen into the darkside and left the jedi order, he is NOT a Sith unless he joins the Sith.

And last we have the darksiders that are people that recived no jedi or sith training but use the dark side of the force, they are many times called dark jedi but they are not since they never were part of the Jedi Order, naturaly when they join the Sith they will became a Sith.

drakron.png

A dark jedi is a Jedi that fallen into the darkside and left the jedi order, he is NOT a Sith unless he joins the Sith.

even then... it's kindda hard for a DS jedi to really belong to the sith unless he is chosen by them. folks like vader had to prove themselves to the sith over and over again.

It's very hard to be polite if you're a cat.

Well sort of, Kun was a jedi and he restarted the Sith, many Sith were likely former Jedi at some point.

Problem is training, with the Sith Empire gone the organization had no much of training facilities or even knowledge, Kun and many Sith were teached by Sith Ghosts who are pretty much the only who can teach the Sith ways and as we see with Kun they are very picky and make sure candidates have crossed into the dark side of the force.

drakron.png

Well sort of, Kun was a jedi and he restarted the Sith, many Sith were likely former Jedi at some point.

Problem is training, with the Sith Empire gone the organization had no much of training facilities or even knowledge, Kun and many Sith were teached by Sith Ghosts who are pretty much the only who can teach the Sith ways and as we see with Kun they are very picky and make sure candidates have crossed into the dark side of the force.

This is where I get confused. Exar Kun was once a Jedi who fell. I don't believe he ever went to any Sith Academy. This is also the case with Ulic Qel-Droma, his apprentice. I think some Sith Ghost named Kun Dark Lord as well as Ulic. The definitions just seem so vague. I thought that the original Sith species was gifted in their own version of the Force, which included alchemy. Naga Sadow dabbled in this a bit. That's why I always thought you had to be much more than just a Jedi who no longer follows the light. You had to be a Sith. But the movies and games seem to contradict this. Anakin and Tyranus just simply fell and swore their allegiance to Sidious. That seemed to be enough in both cases.

This is where I get confused. Exar Kun was once a Jedi who fell. I don't believe he ever went to any Sith Academy. This is also the case with Ulic Qel-Droma, his apprentice. I think some Sith Ghost named Kun Dark Lord as well as Ulic. The definitions just seem so vague. I thought that the original Sith species was gifted in their own version of the Force, which included alchemy. Naga Sadow dabbled in this a bit. That's why I always thought you had to be much more than just a Jedi who no longer follows the light. You had to be a Sith. But the movies and games seem to contradict this. Anakin and Tyranus just simply fell and swore their allegiance to Sidious. That seemed to be enough in both cases.

That's probably because the Sith have changed their teachings every now and then in the last 5000 years or so.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I may be wrong (and if I am I apologize in advance) but I think it's like this:  In Kotor, the Sith is like the Empire.  After Kotor and during the time of Episode I, there was only supposed to be 2 Sith at any one time.  This was the rule of duality started by Darth Bane.  Dark Jedi, on the other hand, is a term used to classify any jedi that uses the dark side.

That makes sense, but during the era of KOTOR, there seemed to be little difference than Dark Jedi and the Sith. In fact, it seemed like some Dark Jedi even had Sith Masters. I also thought only Sith could use red lightsabers. Even if a Jedi had fallen, he or she would still use their old blue or green sabers until they became a Sith in full.

But I guess that might only be a matter of getting a red crystal.

nah, they could use any color of crystal they wanted, they just used red becuase it was the color of blood.

sith lords.......hmmm, maul was a lousy zabrak.

Strength through Mercy

Head Torturor of the Cult of the Anti-gnome

I read somewhere that the red chrystals are synthetic, the coloured chrystals are natural.

The way I see it there are lots of different traditions in the understanding of the Force. Jedi and Sith are just two of them, there are others in the EU. The Jedi and Sith traditions/rules also change over time, hence the NJO and Bane's Dictum.

In KotOR matters are confused a little by the Sith troopers, officers etc who are not Force sensitive and therefore are not true Sith, they just serve the Sith.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

I read somewhere that the red chrystals are synthetic, the coloured chrystals are natural.

The way I see it there are lots of different traditions in the understanding of the Force. Jedi and Sith are just two of them, there are others in the EU. The Jedi and Sith traditions/rules also change over time, hence the NJO and Bane's Dictum.

In KotOR matters are confused a little by the Sith troopers, officers etc who are not Force sensitive and therefore are not true Sith, they just serve the Sith.

Yeah, I think that's really where the line gets blurred. Once the Sith go from being a species then to a group of elite darkside Jedi then to a militant group similar to the Empire all using the same name, things can get confusing. Maybe, just maybe, they should've thought of a new name when the group evolved like this :D

when you think about it really it makes sense i mean look at it. you use your power for dark side your a dark jedi no matter what. if you just came to the dark side and your strong already you can deam yourself sith lord. nobody would doubt you because how strong the force is in you. so you just govern everyone around you by fear.

and plus all the sith lords did the same thing became truly powerful in the force then just deeme themselves dark lords.I mean look at Vader after he crossed over palpatine made him dark lord gave his mantle to him for if he entered the congress as dak lord he would lose control over everyone and they would rebel. but in order to maintain order he had tp passed his mantle on to anakin and deamed him dark lord that wy not to lose support as powerful as he is if eeryone found out his secret then they would rebel and his plan would be destroyed. secondly. palpatine is old he's been shifting bodies for years so kno one truly knows if he is or ever was originally human he could be an ever survuving original sith. the red lighsaber is the symbol for all related to the darkside showing anger cuz thats whats associated with red anger hate so a red lightsaber says it all.

I'm debating as to whether or not Dooku is a Sith apprentice.

He studies the Dark Side, and may have learned a few things from Sidious. However, Maul was the _one_ apprentice, where as Dooku left the Jedi Order ages ago. I think Sidious had his eyes on Anakin the moment Maul was dispatched.

"We will be following your career with great interest young Skywalker."

I think that Sidious has been molding and teaching Anakin for a while whether or not Anakin realizes it.

Guest Michael Chu
Count Dooku does not have a "Darth" designation, any many people have argued that he is a Dark Jedi and not a true Sith.

Slight Attack of the Clones spoilers below.

Actually, he does. As someone mentioned earlier in the thread, it's Darth Tyranus.

Guest Michael Chu
Is it confirmed that Dooku is Tyranus?  I didn't read the Episode 2 novel.  It may be in there.

No where in the movie is Dooku called Tyranus.  And Lucas said the mystery of Tyranus would be revealed in Episode 3.

Count Dooku is most certainly Darth Tyranus (http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/countdooku/).

I think you might be confusing Lucas' comments about Tyranus with the mystery of Sifo-Dyas, which he talked about in the Episode II commentary (if I remember correctly).