Cinema and Movie Thread: coming at you at 24fps

Raithe

THE FALL GUY (2024) - an action comedy romance mystery film. Thought it was a real blast. It reminded me a little of F/X buy with a stunt man than an effects maker.

MOONFALL (2022) - I'm surprised at how much complaint this film got for scientific inaccuracies when most of what is mentioned is explained by the central premise (which is, admittedly science fantasy more than science fact, but once it's established it throws out most issues with science in the rest of the film since youre in an alternate parrallel reality). Would argue that the NASA investigates side of the movie was more enjoyable than the 'disaster film' regular characters try to survive part.

Did I mention I watched Airport (1970) the first if the big 70s disaster films? It's pretty good but I was surprised at how much of the character drama was rooted in marital infidelity.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

On 5/8/2024 at 6:27 PM, Gfted1 said:

lol this trailer is pretty much the whole movie. Doesn't feel like I need to watch it anymore now.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Lexx said:

lol this trailer is pretty much the whole movie. Doesn't feel like I need to watch it anymore now.

While I'd agree (and that trailers give this feeling too often these days),  one can also go too far into another direction. Like this one. It tells me so little I searched for a brief plot synopsis because I couldn't tell even the tiniest thing about what it would be about - not even what genre/s it might fall into. I guess it got me curious enough to look up the movie tho, so it worked in that sense. :lol:

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Haha 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Realised Hackers was now free on Prime, and idle watched it for the nostalgia hit.

That sweet joy of mid 90's view of techno fashion and concepts of the hacking culture and the before-internet 😄

Plus Angelina Jolie and Johnny Lee Miller looking so damn young.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."