Picture of Your Games the 16th

HoonDing

Larian's D&D Game

Act 2 (ending sequence)

Spoiler

37psccp.png

Got a rapier from Mizora when playing as Wyll. Was also allowed to share the circumstances surrounding the contract, but no one asked.
In general, this kind of information should have been provided at the start of the game, like a short playable level or, if it is too resource-consuming, a text-based journal entry, but in this case, the player should know what the character knows.
0JVSojZ.png

Well, Jaheira got stuck as a follower again and I didn't want to replay ~1 hour. Hopefully, I won't get soft-locked later.
8ecxRN2.png

The party is looking like Power Rangers and I still mix up Gale and Wyll from the max camera distance (too similar robes). Should get another robe.
KIhZWmR.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

jfXgIux.png

Act 3 (some spoilers)

Spoiler

Another day in Baldur's Gate, I suppose.
YkLUptt.png

I was wondering why the party was in combat while there were no foes around.
LMcgvSE.png

Jaheira became hostile but still playable.
Yv1ptoG.png

Edited by Hawke64
  • Like 1

Act 3. Spoilers for Orin's quest.

Spoiler

How the battle actually went.
9cBIiId.png

What the cut-scene showed. Though, I do appreciate the ability to apply all the tools the game gives and avoid the obviously dumb (talking to the bosses) options.
wmrHZ8v.png

I approve the reasonable NPC naming - a Flaming Fist called Fist who clearly does not have quests or information.
vF3AkLZ.png

The great battle of the fireworks store.

n7cQgDk.png

dmtl7MM.png

T4zNy5G.png

No laws of space can stop the officers of the law.
psHRceB.png

Act 3. Companion quests.

Spoiler

Moving the boss to a more convenient position. Could have teleported out, but there was another target in the area, so just got far enough to avoid aggro'ing everyone in the hall.
V2zMFn8.png

The party just took and the key and let Godey continue his ambushing.
jsxfF7c.png

J65iEIy.png

He was already standing in the sun's rays. Magical, granted, but still.
qUZOIS5.png

Then the cleric proceeded murdering everyone else. Successfully.
ySmzsdo.png

jNF8bz9.png

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Been a little while, IAE2953 (Intergalactic Aerospace Expo) has come and gone, so got to mess around with lots of ships during the free fly...

Alien ships:

Spoiler

Banu Defender:
ScreenShot-2023-11-17_23-57-57-766.jpg

Aopoa Khartu-al, this ship gives me Reaper vibes...
ScreenShot-2023-11-18_14-08-47-D26.jpg

Gatac Syulen
ScreenShot-2023-11-19_01-50-20-5D8.jpg

Human stuff:

Spoiler

Crusader C1
ScreenShot-2023-11-20_01-29-25-BA6.jpg

Origin 600i atmospheric entry:
ScreenShot-2023-11-22_00-01-46-68A.jpg

ScreenShot-2023-11-22_00-01-54-61D.jpg

MISC Hull A, a small cargo ship:ScreenShot-2023-11-25_22-22-38-1FD.jpg

The party trick of the Hull-series is that they "expand" and fold out cargo panels that the cargo then sticks to:
ScreenShot-2023-11-25_22-35-25-565.jpg

Got a mission to salvage one of these Hull A's and, well, there's a wee bit of a size difference between a small cargo ship and a "heavy freighter", like the Drake Caterpillar (though there's much bigger cargo ships now)
ScreenShot-2023-12-02_23-49-22-F90.jpg

Speaking of salvage, a Drake Vulture leaving Orison atmosphere:ScreenShot-2023-12-02_23-24-54-A05.jpg

One of my favourites, the RSI Constellation Andromeda:

Spoiler

ScreenShot-2023-12-01_00-33-36-603.jpg

ScreenShot-2023-12-01_00-35-21-1F5.jpg

Microtech can be damn pretty
ScreenShot-2023-12-01_00-45-38-A66.jpg

One of the things that's really hard to convey is the sense of scale, some of these things are just massive:

Spoiler

Like this Aegis Reclaimer (there's humans for scale, might need to search for them a bit though):
ScreenShot-2023-11-18_23-00-37-43D.jpg

This is my character next to the front landing gear:
ScreenShot-2023-11-22_02-10-50-EB2.jpg

Of this Origin 890 Jump:
ScreenShot-2023-11-22_02-11-40-4B8.jpg

It's pretty, for sure, but damn, is it huge (largest player-flyable ship in the game currently, if I'm not mistaken):
ScreenShot-2023-11-22_02-19-00-A6A.jpg

Edited by marelooke
  • Like 5

Wyll's companion quest.

Spoiler

It was tempting just to kill Gortash then and there.
WeTb7Y1.png

llt7Mlv.png

I tired to stop Mizora from appearing in the mission. Unfortunately, somehow she got un-petrified.
CgjeqK0.png

1yaqLNG.png

Just leaped to the target with the Invisibility and placed the explosive avoiding all combat. While it is not exactly interactive, I am glad that the running part was a cut-scene.
ctwzhPs.png

It was rather annoying that it was a locked door and I had the spell to unlock doors, but could not use it on this specific door (and 2-3 others, but the inconsistency was still irritating).
0Y9fTjk.png

Couldn't use the Invisibility spell here either, but Sanctuary was working. I understood the intended course of action - to break the crystals and get magic resistance, but the beauty of the immersive sims is to find the most efficient and ridiculous solutions. Probably, should have tried destroying the statues.
jYTdyEl.png

Not sure if poking the corpse was mandatory.
WAxNaVL.png

Ti506KB.png

End-game.

Spoiler

wga5uJ9.png

Jaheira stayed invisible and did not soft-lock the game.
JWfLMK8.png

After updating, the texture resolution went to this, while the dynamic crowds persisted, despite turning them off. I don't know what I else I expected.
4uVPHWE.png

Epilogue.

Spoiler

The tressym is lovely, with the wings animated and all. About half of the textures being either blurry or missing is the opposite.
fSmohhH.png

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 11/28/2023 at 10:36 PM, HoonDing said:

I thought it was a badger/possum hybrid.

I came here to say maybe a loose basis could be something like the red panda, but then I saw the more recent pic you posted (I think it's the same thing?) where I can now see that the full body looks closer to an armadillo, so...never mind.  :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Epilogues (Dark Urge)

Spoiler

Pfg8liN.png

eo7tkmQ.png

VOnXwNJ.png

Epilogues (Githyanki)

Spoiler

The PC was not Lae'zel.
Kb3AIry.png

Epilogues (general)

Spoiler

After the patch the hair seems to be at some distance from the scalp.
rJbQrOf.png

6xpJ3aP.png

Act 3 (Dark Urge, Orin's questline)

Spoiler

The butler took too long to resurrect and the MC had to talk to himself. Tragic.
6EMqTb2.png

XpsdnHC.png

xOIz67S.png

Not constrained by the gravity either.
X6NZLP9.png

The only good part of the Dark Urge Origin - the butler opens the Temple doors without the need to go through the battle against a lvl 16 boss.
YmM8wgE.png

While the summons do not work anymore, Thunderwave still does.
spIjrWl.png

A Bhaalist tossed a coin for my performance after killing their boss.
6RLnNvi.png

Elves do not sleep, though. They meditate for 4 hours (instead of sleeping for 8 like humans).
Bc66FB7.png

• Like 1

GHxeOyL.png

Act 3 (House of Hope)

Spoiler

Somehow hoped to be able to say that he had Boo. Also to recruit a lvl 12 hireling, as the PC was lvl 7.
76mr15B.png

The enemy AI worked in my favour and walked through the Cloud of Daggers (upcasted) and Insect Swarm. The party courageously took cover in the nearest room with 1 entrance.
Dwtenvo.png

One of the traditional CRPG boss battles - the boss does not appear until the whole party sits in the room and the columns that empower the boss cannot be destroyed in advance. Fortunately, the sorc/bard PC and the druid had enough charges of Invisibility between them to cover the whole party and Hope and pull out of the room. Then the only lvl 12 companion under Greater Invisibility was shooting Raphael without triggering combat. Didn't kill but damaged well enough.
Bf6HFTP.png

Z77StfG.png

Couldn't tell him that I just didn't like Raphael and his 666HP.
wbblIUj.png

Act 3 (ending)

Spoiler

afQhbEC.png

Realised that I could switch to another companion and shoot the Flaming Fist and did that. The allies disapproved.
yFQcQ4W.png

Then everyone but the merchant disappeared and the civilians killed the merchant.
KWi94Ve.png

uRafodw.png

Was curious if I could defeat the Netherbrain on Tactician with under-levelled party. I could
dJ1ppJN.png

Act 3 (Good Dark Urge unique epilogue)

Spoiler

V4G9W1M.png

• Like 1
  • Gasp! 1
  • Sad 1

Was just flying around, looting outposts for free armour/weapons, you know, as you do ;)
ScreenShot-2023-12-07_01-18-39-DE3.jpg

When I noticed someone had parked a Reclaimer on a hill outside, leading to some pretty eery atmosphere...
ScreenShot-2023-12-07_01-49-14-D94.jpg

Especially with Crusader in the night sky...
ScreenShot-2023-12-07_01-49-59-BE6.jpg

Felt the urge to go running around trying to make better screenshots, but I couldn't be sure the Cutter parked outside the outpost, or the Reclaimer itself were unmanned, and I didn't feel like getting shot.

So I just circled the area a bit and decided to just peace out after a while.
ScreenShot-2023-12-07_01-48-36-8C6.jpg

• Like 2

NoMansSky-00319b.jpg

NoMansSky-00329b.jpg

The biggest animal I've "adopted" so far. My chr. is in there somewhere, lower left. Probably won't keep it, but yeah, it's big. When it walks next to me, all I see is a bit o' legs.
Keep meaning to do another collage of pets but ... lazy...
NoMansSky-00342b.jpg

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 4
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

2 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

Is it wearing a "backpack" that helps carry stuff?

Short answer: It's wearing a backpack, but sadly no it doesn't have inventory.

There are different accessories for them, altho most are deco I think. There's flashlight maybe. I think you can "point" in a direction and depending on dominant personality traits they may or may not go over and may or may not bring you some resources or a sellable treasure. But it all seems about as useful as telling a cat to fetch the morning paper. I mostly collect them (temporarily or not) for uniqueness/ funsies/lol's, just like the ships.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Flashlight (turns on/off with your chr's) and laser accessories. Not all fauna can wear two pieces. I've never had pets out during combat, no clue if they use the laser. Probably need an "aggressive" pet and even if they do, I'm sure it's not very effective. 😛

NoMansSky-00348a.jpg

I found a - hyena? dog? - animal which had six legs and unicorn horn. Hadn't seen that before. Had to have it.
NoMansSky-00351b.jpg

NoMansSky-00350b.jpg

The one on the right - don't you want a flying Dumbo tadpole, too?
NoMansSky-00353.jpg

Red misty mountains, or something.
NoMansSky-00352b.jpg

• Like 3

New Star Citizen patch dropped (3.22), and the thing that excites me most is the new and upgraded ... hairstyles :woot:

ScreenShot-2023-12-16_01-21-11-AEB.jpg

I did look for a screenshot with the old hair, but all I got are ones from character creation, or NPCs, because pretty much nobody, including yours truly, took off their helmets like, ever... and at least for now many people actually do. It's kinda crazy how much better all characters look by just pimping the hair...

Really interested to see what the impact of the new character creation tool will be as it will add even more options (and not just for the hair ;)), what we got now is just a little teaser, compared to what they showcased at Citizen Con. If nothing else the ability to actually export/import your character so you don't have to re-do things every major patch will be very welcome...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/14/2023 at 9:16 PM, HoonDing said:

VvCWjEz.png

I find it somehow uncomfortable when there is advertisement in the game itself. By the way, the text in the lower right corner can be edited in some of the configuration files.

The Outer Worlds

3A222A852D694A68EB0F733AC149850D7443A711

A4D6C0B53CBC5A0ADCC706C882BE7FE83BEDF58C

E3D8C098922B954A96C20581F71DCC3A777E04EF

E10DA0F5FF5D3BB1707D58B62142FED8E448B3F4

The Pathless

You can pet the bird.
B12E5DE3685B3F755B2CBC8698D8075509D4F8F8

Steam seems to compress the images a little too much.
13C9CEDC8AD45B9E16A693D76106D00AC92DD853

OkkjekU.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1