The All Things Political Topic - Politics is the entertainment division of the military industrial complex

Gromnir

51 minutes ago, Hurlshort said:

Trump, the sitting President, called an election official and pressured him to find votes. That's pretty damning. That's some banana republic crap.

doesn't matter 'cause is us v. them. american politics is increasingly tribal and for maga and the alt-right, the them is deep state "establishment democrats," blm protesters and illegal immigrants. facts don't matter 'cause is always alternative facts. look hard enough and somewhere on the interweb you will find alternative facts just as reliable as the facts they use. who you gonna believe anyway? the educated elite is part o' them after all. 

maga is outraged and the core problem we face in fixing maga and alt-right intransigence is that they got reason to be outraged. increasing income inequality and the disappearance o' working class jobs as well as family farms capable o' supporting the american dream broke many living in rural and rust belt america. the pain many maga adherents feel is real. unfortunate, rush limbaugh and his successors convinced a generation o' folks that democrats, "feminazis" and immigrants were the cause o' their problems. didn't take too much effort for the alt-right to sell grievance and outrage to maga, many o' whom had given up on hope for something better and were just trying to make ends meet. you ain't gonna get rid o' maga stoopid until you fix the larger societal and economic problems which created an increasing disaffected working class. good luck with that, eh?

trump were the first national politician to come on the scene in many decades who said the quiet part out loud. the real victims o' racial bigotry is working class whites. lgbqt+ and anything else which makes maga folks feel uncomfortable shouldn't be promoted by the government (or even private corporations such as anheuser-busch and target?) white lives matter too. etc. trump said maga anger were justified and that conspiratorial thinking were legit. trump, a guy who literal descended a gold elevator in his own "gilded tower" to begin his Presidential run, somehow became the figurehead for all those marginalized red state and heartland americans and whenever he is attacked by them, right or wrong, legions will spring up to defend him.

the reality o' what trump did or said is immaterial insofar as false electors or secret documents. the important part for maga and alt-right folks is trump is yet again being attacked by them. trump (and rfk jr ?) is the guy you can depend on to always fight them. so even if you aren't convinced trump is complete innocent, you know for certain they needs to be opposed.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

I'm just hoping the Catholics don't mess up our state's universal pre-K program because it doesn't allow them to discriminate against gay parents and trans kids. Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue.

https://www.denverpost.com/2023/08/16/colorado-catholic-schools-lawsuit-lgbtq-preschool/

• Sad 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

9 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

I'm just hoping the Catholics don't mess up our state's universal pre-K program because it doesn't allow them to discriminate against gay parents and trans kids. Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue.

https://www.denverpost.com/2023/08/16/colorado-catholic-schools-lawsuit-lgbtq-preschool/

You know your state's politics more than I do and I would not assume Colorado is a 1:1 with Texas, but if the people funding this lawsuit are like the folks here they would absolutely like to blow up public universal pre-K (along with the rest of public education) and getting to attack queer folks is a fat bonus.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

7 hours ago, Pidesco said:

I like that the indictments seem to be filled with verbatim quotes by Trump or some conspirator going "look at me committing my definitely criminal crimes consciously and of sound mind" or "I knew in advance that the criminal crime I committed was illegal asf, which is why I was in such a hurry to crime it up.", and still you get people going that this is a witch hunt.

Like treating a person who clearly and knowingly committed crimes as a criminal is somehow unfair or even ethically wrong. It's just the most back ass backwards logic possible.

6 hours ago, Hurlshort said:

Trump, the sitting President, called an election official and pressured him to find votes. That's pretty damning. That's some banana republic crap.

Remember innocent until proven guilty, lets try to believe that and not be selective because its Trump?

But the courts will settle this, the interesting consideration is " will these cases get to court before the election next year " ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

7 hours ago, PK htiw klaw eriF said:

The Forgotten Girls, written and obviously heavily referenced by the author for the first article, is a fairly enjoyable read - it's mostly an autobiography on the author growing up in dirt poor Arkansas and how some relatively innocuous desires and choices during her youth allowed her to escape that life while dooming virtually everyone else she'd ever known during her childhood in the face of rural America being in terminal decline. If you enjoyed the article, you'll probably enjoy the book, especially as it weaves in narratives and themes with the intertwining of poverty, politics, and religion.

• Thanks 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

9 hours ago, BruceVC said:

Remember innocent until proven guilty, lets try to believe that and not be selective because its Trump?

But the courts will settle this, the interesting consideration is " will these cases get to court before the election next year " ?

Again, there are verbatim quotes of Trump openly saying he did illegal things. He was indicted for things he has admitted to doing. There are also statements of his that show that he knew what he was doing was illegal.

• Hmmm 1

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

1 hour ago, Pidesco said:

Again, there are verbatim quotes of Trump openly saying he did illegal things. He was indicted for things he has admitted to doing. There are also statements of his that show that he knew what he was doing was illegal.

Yes I have followed some of the opinions and it does seem incriminating but I also believe nothing is certain and his lawyers will present a defense, thats why I will wait for the outcomes of the court cases before I really comment 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

3 hours ago, Pidesco said:

Have you considered that BLM is bad tho?

• Haha 5
  • Gasp! 1

49 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

Trump is like those rappers that brag about their crimes in songs only to have it used in court against them.

Reveal hidden contents

Let's not defame those rappers by comparing them to Trump, but MF DOOM is relevant beyond the grave.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PK htiw klaw eriF said:

Let's not defame those rappers by comparing them to Trump, but MF DOOM is relevant beyond the grave.

Good on you for remembering ALL CAPS when you spell the man's name.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

3 hours ago, ShadySands said:

Politics divide us but DOOM (and Obsidian) brings us together 

The reality is politics shouldn't have to divide us in the same way religion shouldn't have to divide us 

You can have  different views and agree to disagree or respect peoples different views and not try to change them. But the last 5-7  years I have noticed a disappointing trend, particularly in the US, where tribal politics and views  has become normal and people immediately  have a negative opinion of you if you a liberal or Conservative. I dont think its the majority of people but it exists and it tends to be the most vociferous people and it  gets lots of media and Internet attention so its easy to think its the norm

I went out a few times with a really nice lady about 8 months ago, she was pro-life and that was fine. I didnt get into an argument  with her or try to change her opinion but I told her Im pro-choice and both of us accepted we had different views on the subject of abortion. It wasnt a big deal

• Like 1

John Milton 

17 hours ago, BruceVC said:

The reality is politics shouldn't have to divide us in the same way religion shouldn't have to divide us 

You can have  different views and agree to disagree or respect peoples different views and not try to change them. But the last 5-7  years I have noticed a disappointing trend, particularly in the US, where tribal politics and views  has become normal and people immediately  have a negative opinion of you if you a liberal or Conservative. I dont think its the majority of people but it exists and it tends to be the most vociferous people and it  gets lots of media and Internet attention so its easy to think its the norm

I went out a few times with a really nice lady about 8 months ago, she was pro-life and that was fine. I didnt get into an argument  with her or try to change her opinion but I told her Im pro-choice and both of us accepted we had different views on the subject of abortion. It wasnt a big deal

It would have been more interesting if you made her pregnant, then asked her if she still felt the same way 🤔

• Gasp! 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

On 8/17/2023 at 6:53 PM, ShadySands said:

Politics divide us but DOOM (and Obsidian) brings us together 

coca cola's lawyers will be contacting obsidian, DOOM and shady 'bout copyright infringement.

HA! Good Fun!

• Haha 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

https://brics2023.gov.za/

Anyone following or care about the BRICS summit for 2023, it starts tomorrow in SA. What substantive policies do you think are going to come out of it?

I have been following the hype for months but after listening to literally dozens of opinions of the creation of a new BRICS currency and then that being officially  abandoned a few weeks ago Im not convinced anything substantial to the global south will change 

Anyway we will see in the next few days, excellent business for local hotels and tourism industry so thats a positive 

John Milton 

https://www.thenation.com/article/society/undercover-maga-alt-right/

It's pretty interesting (or terrifying) how well the alt-right folded itself into the Republican party.

• Like 1

For anyone interested, the first republican primary debate is being held tonight in Milwaukee, Wisconsin at 9 pm eastern 6 pm pacific. On TV it will be on Fox News and on the streaming side it will be on Rumble's RNC channel. Here's the expected list of participants:

Ron DeSantis

Tim Scott

Nikki Haley

Vivek Ramaswamy

Mike Pence

Chris Christie

Doug Burgum

Asa Hutchinson.

Conspicuous by his absence from that list is former president Donal Trump, the frontrunner for the republican nomination. He will instead be counter-progamming the debate with an interview with Tucker Carlson on Twitter X, because of course he will be.

Do with that information what you will.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

31 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

For anyone interested, the first republican primary debate is being held tonight in Milwaukee, Wisconsin at 9 pm eastern 6 pm pacific. On TV it will be on Fox News and on the streaming side it will be on Rumble's RNC channel. Here's the expected list of participants:

Ron DeSantis

Tim Scott

Nikki Haley

Vivek Ramaswamy

Mike Pence

Chris Christie

Doug Burgum

Asa Hutchinson.

Conspicuous by his absence from that list is former president Donal Trump, the frontrunner for the republican nomination. He will instead be counter-progamming the debate with an interview with Tucker Carlson on Twitter X, because of course he will be.

Do with that information what you will.

pretty sure even people really care about this kind of thing doesn't know what most people on this list do

1 hour ago, uuuhhii said:

pretty sure even people really care about this kind of thing doesn't know what most people on this list do

Ron DeSantis is the governor of Florida. Tim Scott is a senator from South Carolina. Nikki Haley is a former UN ambassador. Vivek Ramaswamy is an enterpreneur, no political experience AFAIK. Mike Pence is a former vice president. Chris Christie is a former governor of New Jersey. Doug Burgum is the governor of North Dakota. Asa Hutchinson is a former governor of Arkansas.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

A primary debate without the overwhelming favorite is even more of a farce than a normal primary debate, which is saying something. Unless he gets explicitly barred we all know that Trump is easily going to grab the nomination, Rhonda Sanctimonious and the rest of the B team throwing **** at each other while walking the tightrope of not causing the trumpanzees to go berserk and still attacking The Big O is not something they're going to be able to do. They're going to stroke themselves on how kunsurvativ they are only to get obliterated by whatever nickname Trump bestows them on twitter Truth Social, ruining their shot at becoming VIP and damaging them with the base of lead poisoned boomers they will need for future elections. It's going to be sad but unfortunately not in a funny way.