The All Things Political Topic - new edition

uuuhhii

4 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

Yeah, from a person that seems to be, in their own mind, at least, an expert on LITERALLY EVERYTHING, I guess I should just take your word as gospel. I won't, I'm not that stupid.

don't take our word. educate yourself. we added links to get you started, but is gonna be up to do the hard part.

oh, and we know very little about gardening, non english poetry, post colonial south american history (genuine feel bad 'bout this one,) tibet, any recipe which includes rhubarb and probable a trillion other subjects. 

and is no way am listening to the entire "interview." insanity. 

walked out of firebirds after thirty minutes. why on earth would we give rogan more than that? kennedy started in on the conspiracy silliness and am thinking we deserve a medal (albeit a minor civilian medal) for sticking it out as long as we did.  

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

9 minutes ago, Gromnir said:

and is no way am listening to the entire "interview." insanity. 

Fantastic! Great job on presenting your expert opinion on something you haven't even taken the time to read/watch/listen to. Nothing says "informed opinion" like passing judgement on something you haven't experienced. It's the internet way!

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

If Bernie couldn't win the previous primaries, I doubt any outsider candidate would be able to. No one I know is really talking about RFK in the same way as Bernie in 2016 and 2020, hell no one I know is talking about RFK at all. Perhaps "terminally online depressed lefties who are very dissatisfied with Democrats but hate Republicans more" is not a good sample of likely Democratic primary voters, but I just don't see who RFK's base within the Dems is supposed to be or how he could peel the blue dawgs or centrists from Biden. From what I can tell, RFK gets more support from Elon Musk types (who have already signaled they support Rhonda Sanctimonious) than he does from anyone who votes for Democrats.

I don't particularly like Joe, but barring death Biden is going to comfortably sail through and secure the nomination. You can blame Democrat party shenanigans or whatever, but it's a foregone conclusion at this point.

Trump only loses the Republican primary if he's explicitly barred from it or dies before it happens. I'm not sure which is more likely, Republican party ghouls have soured on him and Trump is neither healthy or young, but I think they're both relatively likely events. If neither happens Trump absolutely gets the Republican nomination for 2024. And if he doesn't and is still alive, you can bet that he runs his own campaign. We will not be rid of Trump until he's dead, and even after that Trump without Trump is likely enough.

2024 is likely going to be a repeat of 2020, down to the election getting stretched out for months years. First as tragedy then as farce.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

1 hour ago, Keyrock said:

Fantastic! Great job on presenting your expert opinion on something you haven't even taken the time to read/watch/listen to. Nothing says "informed opinion" like passing judgement on something you haven't experienced. It's the internet way!

again, you are asking for something irrational. am not enduring the entire interview to criticize anymore than we would play an entire pc game or watch all of firebirds before we were justified in offering a critique on rfk jr and rogan whom we has seen and heard many times previous. 

we read books by mao and marx in their entirety. read the motorcycle diaries AND guerilla warfare by che.  rogan is an entertainer who admits he is talking out his arse, which is s'posed  part o' his appeal as well as a defense to his inevitable nonsense. converse rfk jr has done nothing to convince us he deserves more consideration than rogan. 

have seen the ridiculous retort many times that one needs watch or read something in its entirety before making the reasonable choice to stop the bleeding. crazy talk. but knock your self out.

far less than three hours. heck ff to 7:20 and feel free to stop after 9:30. notice we ain't even suggesting a full viewing is required for context? is the farewell address immediate before kennedy became President.  again, read kennedy's/democrat's 1960 platform. the military industrial complex speech were in part a warning 'cause o' the threat eisenhower saw in the campaign rhetoric o' the golden goose. military industrial complex out to get kennedy? sure.

@Bartimaeus

is not the first time the US had to endure ultra partisan and polarized politics. perhaps ironic it took world war 2 to change the dynamic o' nativism and fear which drove politics in the US from the last decade o' the 19th century. am s'posing such were the theory behind ozymandias' scheme from the watchmen comic-- fear o' an even more terrible enemy were needed to unify naturally fractious and adversarial human beings. 'course  is doubtful we can count on a costumed sooper genius to manufacture an alien threat and only insane people would would advocate ww3 to solve our dilemma.  obviously antebellum civil war through reconstruction were horrific and so not the kinda blueprint one would look to replicate in extracting the nation from the current polarized mess o' tribalism and paranoia.

hard to believe, but our sad national response to mccarthyism might be a best case scenario? a chilling thought.

HA! Good Fun!

edit: rfk jr. whackadoodle positions on prozac being the cause o' school shootings, suggesting the link between hiv and aids is myth, blaming vaccines for autism, as well as a few o' his easily debunked covid conspiracies should preclude reasonable voters from taking him serious as a Presidential candidate. however, am gonna concede the oft mentioned heroin addiction he dealt with does not bother us over much, and perhaps less than it should. overcoming heroin addiction isn't exactly a positive résumé bullet point for a candidate running for political office. nevertheless, am admitting we cannot help but applaud the fact rfk jr. overcame such a terrible personal demon. good on him.

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

35 minutes ago, PK htiw klaw eriF said:

If Bernie couldn't win the previous primaries, I doubt any outsider candidate would be able to.

Bernie was on the cusp of winning the primaries in both 16 and 20 when the DNC cut him off at the knees. He them, cowardly, kowtowed to the DNC and supported Hillary/Biden.

I'm not here to tell you who to vote for, I'm here to inform people that there are more than 2 candidates. Joe Biden, Donald Trump, Ron DeSantis, Robert F Kennedy Jr., Marianne Williamson, and Cornel West. Do your own research from whatever sources you trust and make up your own mind. I just hope that if RFK or Marianne Williamson somehow manage to get enough traction that the DNC cuts them off at the knees (which they will if it comes to that) like they did with Bernie, twice, they don't kowtow and they run as an independent. The argument against that, as always, is that running as an independent will divide the democrat vote and hand the election to Trump/DeSantis (probably Trump). Maybe, maybe not, but if people keep kowtowing then the DNC will just pull this $#!+ every time they need to so that they can install whatever corporate puppet they want. What's better? Just accepting the $#!+ they shovel into your mouth or taking a chance, however small, of making a change?

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

28 minutes ago, Hurlshort said:

Podcasts suck

That's an awfully blanket statement. Podcasts exist in all manner of forms and lengths.

and Joe Rogan is boring.

I disagree but you have a right to your own opinion. The fact that his reach is several orders of magnitude higher than any "mainstream" media source speaks volumes to his overall popularity, but I value your choice to pick your own media sources. 

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Voltaire - "I disagree with what you have to say, sir, but I will defend, to the death, your right to say it."

Noam Chomsky - "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all."

Wouldn't it be nice to live in a country that thought like this again? We sure don't right now.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Thanks 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

5 hours ago, Keyrock said:

That's an awfully blanket statement. Podcasts exist in all manner of forms and lengths.

I disagree but you have a right to your own opinion. The fact that his reach is several orders of magnitude higher than any "mainstream" media source speaks volumes to his overall popularity, but I value your choice to pick your own media sources. 

I agree with your sentiment that you cant criticize or handwave  something like a book or a podcast if you havent bothered to  watch it or read it. Thats obvious but the reality is  its  also unreasonable to expect people to watch a 3 hour podcast. So what I try to do is only post 20 minute videos\podcasts or summarize where in the clip people should watch. What I would suggest is make bullet points of the key takeaways from a 3 hour podcast from Rogan because I find he makes interesting points and like Jordan Peterson I agree with some of the things he says and disagree with others

But also this forum is mostly liberals\Dems and even if Rogan says something valid its unlikely most people will acknowledge it which is a reality of current US culture wars where both sides refuse to concede the other side is correct even when they are

And Im not being rude, its just an honest observation 

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

4 hours ago, BruceVC said:

I agree with your sentiment that you cant criticize or handwave  something like a book or a podcast if you havent bothered to  watch it or read it.

Meh, I haven't read "Mein Kampf". I doubt I would like it, even if I haven't read it 😛

• Haha 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

2 hours ago, Gorth said:

Meh, I haven't re

2 hours ago, Gorth said:

Meh, I haven't read "Mein Kampf". I doubt I would like it, even if I haven't read it 😛

ad "Mein Kampf". I doubt I would like it, even if I haven't read it 😛

Gorthfuscious you being naughty this weekend but you right, there are book I wouldnt read and dont need to but I will criticize the content 

But I am talking about generally 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

14 hours ago, Keyrock said:

Bernie was on the cusp of winning the primaries in both 16 and 20 when the DNC cut him off at the knees. He them, cowardly, kowtowed to the DNC and supported Hillary/Biden.

Yeah, and with RFKJR being a less popular/staunchly supported candidate than Bernie and with Biden in office there's just no way he gets through the primary. It's a dead end and if you want a protest vote you should just do the 3rd party thing. 

13 hours ago, Hurlshort said:

Podcasts suck and Joe Rogan is boring.

Radio 2.0 is going to be as boring as radio but it's nice to listen to something when you're driving or working and don't want music. Behind the Bastards is really good, it's nice to learn that professional wrestling is even more ****ed up than you thought or about how the dictator of Paraguay got CIA assistance in torturing dissidents.

I don't keep up with Joe Rogan, his comedy is weak and I don't have 3 hours to listen to a guy asking his producer to Google stuff. No idea how he's as popular as he is, but I don't get how so many Transformers movies got made either.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

8 hours ago, BruceVC said:

its  also unreasonable to expect people to watch a 3 hour podcast.

That's fair. As a truck driver, long form conversations are perfect to listen to. I start the podcast before I begin driving and I'm all set for 3 hours. People have different situations and I can understand 3 hours being a bit much to listen to.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

26 minutes ago, PK htiw klaw eriF said:

Yeah, and with RFKJR being a less popular/staunchly supported candidate than Bernie and with Biden in office there's just no way he gets through the primary.

If people have that attitude then it's a self-fulfilling prophecy. I'd rather support a long shot that I respect and agree with on most things (there's no one I agree with across the board) and, more importantly, I agree with on the issues of highest priority to me, then back an establishment puppet. Once the primaries are over, and if it is indeed Biden for Team Donkey and Trump for Team Elephant, I will reevaluate once I see who the libertarians, the green party, and any other independent party puts forth. But, I'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

I don't keep up with Joe Rogan, his comedy is weak and I don't have 3 hours to listen to a guy asking his producer to Google stuff. No idea how he's as popular as he is, but I don't get how so many Transformers movies got made either.

He's popular because he invites a wide variety of people from all walks of life and from all sides of the aisle on his show. If you have something to say that Joe finds interesting, he'll have you on; he doesn't care if it's taboo or controversial, he's not worried about getting cancelled or smeared. We've already seen CNN attempt that with the whole Ivermectin thing where they even went so far as to take a picture of him and color grade it yellow to make him look sick. That did nothing to hurt his popularity and CNN is currently a burning pile of rubble, so clearly that worked out really well for them. He's also, in my opinion, a good interviewer. He lets people talk, let's them get their point across in their own way and in their own time and then he follows up with inquiries. He doesn't talk over people and try to steamroll them like some pundits. He's not trying to get a 15 second "gotcha" moment he can clip and post on social media in the hopes of it going viral. He just has a natural conversation with people, something you will never get on CNN, MSNBC, or Fox News. It also helps that he got into podcasting very early when it was just starting out. I will pretty much drop anything else I'm doing if there's a new episode with Duncan Trussell or a Protect Our Parks episode with Mark Normand, Shane Gillis, and Ari Shaffir because they always get drunk and/or smoked up and just talk about ridiculous bull**** and make the dumbest jokes for 3 hours. I find that highly entertaining, but that's just me.
:shrugz:

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

what do you mean the magic trick video is irrelevant? from the sudden turn o' the thread, it looked like we were sharing ways to distract children when we run out of things to say.

whatever.

WATCH: Investigation shows Minneapolis police show pattern of violating rights, Garland says

the doj findings significant undermines the one bad apple narrative. weren't just derek chauvin and his nine and a half minutes.

unfortunate, has only been a day after the garland news conference and the story has already faded from most headlines.

DOJ accuses Minneapolis Police Department, city of using excessive force, racial discrimination

as usual, am posting the fox coverage not 'cause o' the spin on the story so much as for the comments from readers which follow.

am recalling many euros cannot access the comments portion, so, an unedited sampling follows:

Spoiler

hamsolo51@gmail.com
1 day ago

This is the beginning of federal law enforcement take over of local communities. In order to have an effective dictatorship, law enforcement must come from the federal level and not the local level. The feds are taking over all the major aspects of our lives, our conveniences, what we drive, what w...See more

junebug615
1 day ago

They even mentioned a Federal Police Force in a massive 2021 spending bill that wasn’t passed.  Americans need to pay more attention to what the devious democrats are putting in these mammoth bills.   

1 reply

whodare
1 day ago

How could today's DOJ charge anyone with excessive use of force? They are the supreme violators of the phrase...so excessive that if you're a conservative getting caught having a cup of coffee it's insurrection with indictments!

Show 12 more replies

fly'smom
1 day ago

I've worked in hospitals for the last 16 years. Every doctor & nurse I've met also responds to pts screaming, "I can't breathe," by saying, "if you're talking, you're breathing"  (especially those pts who are attempting to commit assault)

camaro071
23 hours ago

It sure is easy to breath when you don't break the law and resist arrest, maybe some folks should try that.

1 reply

tex747
1 day ago

Very Informative Fact, Thank You.

Show 5 more replies

libkiller961
1 day ago

It took 26 months to come this conclusion involving multiple individuals in a large organization, but nobody can figure out what's on a laptop in several years.

Anthony_Frank
22 hours ago

Garland and Wray are CIA officers using “official covers.” Chuck Schumer is one of several CIA officers in Congress in violation of the Constitution. And that is just the tip of the iceberg. Every patriot should read “Destroying America: The CIA’s Quest to Control the Government.”

1 reply

TerryHestikles
22 hours ago

Or what names are on Epstein's list....

Show 3 more replies

dukhntr21
1 day ago

“His loss is still felt deeply by those who loved and knew him and by many who did not”. - I do t know a single person who feels, or felt deeply at any time, about his loss. He overdosed, not my problem. 

Bob1943044
23 hours ago

His loss of life was totally preventable and the person most responsible was Floyd himself. His actions alone brought the attention and action that resulted in his demise. 

1 reply

aquafish
22 hours ago

He was a low life criminal slime ball who is missed by no one. His family cashed in on his demise and were just as happy he was gone as many were.

Show 6 more replies

jmsjr
1 day ago

This is race baiting at its finest by the DOJ.  If the criminals of Minneapolis would quit committing crimes then there would be no need for a police force.  Unfortunately, the criminals have a different mindset and they have become more violent and disrespectful to law enforcement escalating the t...

See more

tryhonesty
23 hours ago

Some of what you said I agree with, however, if this initiative actually improves policing I'm for it. George Floyd died under the color of law. He did not have to be restrained to the point of death. He was already in custody in the back of the car but would not sit their like a princess so they e...

See more

3 replies

Show 2 more replies

207blue
23 hours ago

I am a retired police officer. If the conduct as described is accurate then patterns of behavior are ALLOWED or even ENCOURAGED by someone near or at the top of the Chain of Command. This is common in all organizations,  not just police. Organizations tend to assume the personality of the one at th...See more

Anthony_Frank
22 hours ago

Garland is CIA officer with an “official cover.” Chuck Schumer is one of several CIA officers who are Members of Congress in violation of the Constitution. And that is just the tip of the iceberg. Every patriot should read “Destroying America: The CIA’s Quest to Control the Government.”

Show 1 more reply

Pat52185
1 day ago

There’s a reason why he’s not a supreme court judge and he’s showing it right now. 

omega8
1 day ago

America dodged a bullet when Garland never made it to the Supreme Court.

2 replies

youownit110
1 day ago

Thank McConnel for that.

1 reply

WokedupBrandon
1 day ago

Just another way for this administration to say “look over here” and not at their poor management of the real issues facing the country.

mrtx13
23 hours ago

Let’s celebrate that Floyd has been sober for more than two years!!! Way to go George!!!

lisamaria72
1 day ago

The original medical examiner said there were no signs of asphyxiation or strangulation. He had 11x the amount of drugs that can kill a person. It was clear as day Derek Chauvin was on his shoulder blade and not his neck. Floyd was moving his head and talk. He wouldn’t be able to do that if Chauvin...See more

joewattsup
1 day ago

True, the videos existed on Bitchute,  you can see it all, also see the gang members signaling each other ad they setup Floyd 

Show 2 more replies

doho
1 day ago

Garland is just getting even because he was denied a position on the Supreme Court - Thank the Good Lord he's not on the Court!🙌

jelwhkit
1 day ago

I thank Mitch McConnell for that!

no shared fact. no shared reality. complete polarization.

so it goes.

edit: @Gorth

but let's say you had read mein kampf and didn't like. understandable. the writing is, at best, clumsy and hitler offered little more than grievance and outrage, promising struggle but avoiding a worker's paradise reward such as were teased by marx. curious, struggle and outrage were all hitler were selling. meh. so, again, for sake of argument, say you didn't like hitler's book after reading. 

now assume hitler released hundreds and even thousands o' similar works, but with each new release, hitler fans insisted you were being unfair to hitler by not reading each "new" work. silly, no?

rogan has recorded thousands o' podcasts. we reference one such in the following post:

just how many rogan or rfk jr. contributions does one need indulge before it is fair to not read or view the next? how many minutes o' the next three hour conspiracy laden and fact starved podcast must you suffer before concluding, no más?

is our no más

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
with vol gone, we couldn't in good conscience let a hitler or nazi reference pass w/o remark. carrying the torch.
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

If people have that attitude then it's a self-fulfilling prophecy

I think material reality is more important here than attitude. At the end of the day RFKJR is a guy who doesn't really have a big base within the Democratic party or appeal to it. Even assuming a completely open and equal contest, Biden would still sweep the Democratic primaries against RFKJR.

If you don't want an establishment candidate you're better off just going to the Greens or the Libertarians to begin with instead of setting millions on fire in the hopes of beating the Dems at their own game.

37 minutes ago, PK htiw klaw eriF said:

I think material reality is more important here than attitude. At the end of the day RFKJR is a guy who doesn't really have a big base within the Democratic party or appeal to it. Even assuming a completely open and equal contest, Biden would still sweep the Democratic primaries against RFKJR.

If you don't want an establishment candidate you're better off just going to the Greens or the Libertarians to begin with instead of setting millions on fire in the hopes of beating the Dems at their own game.

I'm not doing this as a tactics thing. The people running these campaigns can worry about tactics. I'm supporting the candidate I believe in. If and when RFK Jr is no longer in the race I will reevaluate. Until then I am supporting the candidate I believe in. Period. Full stop.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

58 minutes ago, Hurlshort said:

I don't think I've ever believed in a political candidate. It is basically always a least worse person scenario.

The lesser of two evils has typically been my experience too, especially as I've grown more and more disillusioned with the establishment (on both sides of the aisle). This is why I've started looking more and more toward people outside of the 2 main parties. Granted, RFK Jr is running as a Democrat, but he's definitely anti-establishment in his rhetoric and he has the record of going after giant corporations and taking them to task, like Monsanto (multi-time winner of the prestigious title of most evil company in the world), for example. Interestingly, Trump positioned himself as anti-establishment which helped him win the 16 election, that and how unpopular Hillary was (and still is). Of course, once he got into office he didn't actually do anything to "drain the swamp", as he called it. No reason to think that he would follow through on his promises if he got elected for a 2nd term.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I'm glad you like the guy, but the idea that a Kennedy is "anti-establishment" seems unlikely. Just like the idea that a guy who literally lives in a golden tower is going to represent the working man. 

Pete Buttigieg isn't an old man, so I might back him. My wife's mom lives with us and she is 70+, and I have to make sure she turns off the burners off on the stove every time she uses the kitchen, so I'm not a fan of senior citizens running the country. When I'm 70 I hope to to have less responsibilities, not more. I want to enjoy retirement. 

6 minutes ago, Hurlshort said:

I'm glad you like the guy, but the idea that a Kennedy is "anti-establishment" seems unlikely. 

Believe me, the irony of the idea that a man with the last name "Kennedy" is anti-establishment is not lost on me.

Pete Buttigieg isn't an old man, so I might back him.

Is Buttigieg running? I had not heard anything about that. I had heard that Gavin Newsom might run, but I think he's going to wait until 28. You live in Cali, so you probably have a much better idea of what type of governor Newsom is than I do.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

9 minutes ago, Hurlshort said:

My wife's mom lives with us and she is 70+, and I have to make sure she turns off the burners off on the stove every time she uses the kitchen, so I'm not a fan of senior citizens running the country

You also have Feinstein as a good example of that. We've got at least a few senators who predate the invention of chocolate chip cookies, many more of the politicians have been in some kind of power for decades, and you've got several positions that are for life without regards for health or competency. The present US is already a stark Gerontocracy tbh, and it's not working out particularly well.

10 minutes ago, Hurlshort said:

When I'm 70 I hope to to have less responsibilities, not more. I want to enjoy retirement. 

I just hope retirement still exists for working class folks in 20, 30, 40 years. Between skyrocketing rents and such I get the gut feeling old man KP will have to sell his organs while working at Wal-Mart to afford a small closet bedroom in the apocalyptic hellscape of the former gulf coast.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, PK htiw klaw eriF said:

I just hope retirement still exists for working class folks in 20, 30, 40 years. Between skyrocketing rents and such I get the gut feeling old man KP will have to sell his organs while working at Wal-Mart to afford a small closet bedroom in the apocalyptic hellscape of the former gulf coast.

I'm already operating under the assumption that social security won't exist by the time I hit the age (roughly 20 years from now) that I would be eligible to receive its benefits.

Once I move to the mountains along the NC/TN border you could always move from the apocalyptic hellscape of the gulf coast to said mountains. I can't do much to get you a job, but I could hook you up with moonshine from the still I'm going to build. If we're going to live in a dystopia we might as well be good and drunk.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸