Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous, Part 5

Gromnir

3 hours ago, xzar_monty said:

EDIT: new patch out today. Did they fix the bug mentioned above? No.

kill the giants don't trigger until you assault drezen, so one suspects you could play up to that point w/o breaking anything. even then, is a better than fair chance you know immediate whether your game is fubar at start of drezen assualt whether you got a problem as you will be able to check your journal to see if the quest is active or not, yes?

make sure you got a save from before the confab in your tent and pre drezen assault 'cause such is where and when you decide if you is using regill's plan or the direct assault-- is the  trigger choice which brings 'bout kill the giants. if after the confab you got uncompleted kill the giants in your journal, then your game is likely okie dokie, no?

just a thought.

HA! Good Fun!

• Thanks 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderwrathoftherighteous/mods/398

I figure @InsaneCommander and @Gorth ought to get a laugh out of this. Too bad there isn't a slime option.

• Haha 3
  • Gasp! 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

34 minutes ago, KP From Another World said:

I figure @InsaneCommander and @Gorth ought to get a laugh out of this. Too bad there isn't a slime option.

'Plot Armor' 😂

• Haha 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

10 minutes ago, Gorth said:

'Plot Armor' 😂

It also has an ability called "Harem Magnet" lmao.

• Haha 3

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

1 hour ago, KP From Another World said:

Too generic. Where is the Overlord subclass? Start with 100 levels, including 10 of Mythic Lich and a stronghold with thousands of minions, soldiers, maids and a few level 100 companions. Or playing as the villainess to tame the final boss?😂

1 hour ago, KP From Another World said:

It also has an ability called "Harem Magnet" lmao.

Does it work inside a labyrinth?

You know what, forget all of that. I wouldn't mind pulling a Konosuba on Iomedae:

• Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1

sign.jpg

9 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

Too generic. Where is the Overlord subclass?

The same place as the vending machine subclass, in our dreams.

10 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

Or playing as the villainess to tame the final boss?😂

That's just the Swarm path.

12 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

I wouldn't mind pulling a Konosuba on Iomedae:

You naughty :fdevil:

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, bugarup said:

Another disappointment of the year is brown fur transmuter.

BFTs aren't supposed to be your main character, you hire them as a replacement for Nenio that can bring overpowered buffs to your already ridiculous main character and give out 24 hour Hastes and what not. :) 

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

12 hours ago, xzar_monty said:

Not a bad one, either. I might do that. We shall see. I have little enough time to play anyway, so it can wait, but I do agree that the patches have been annoying because the problem's still there.

am admitted spoiled by a few developers not owlcat. pillars of eternity were hardly bug free, but you could post regarding a bug on these obsidian boards and it were likely a developer would eventual respond and acknowledge they were looking into the problem... or they would explain how/why they couldn't replicate the issue or address the problem. is so different from our wotr experience.

is more than a few bugs from wotr which has persisted since beta and am not sure if owlcat is aware or cares 'bout those bugs. maybe you find a reddit response or disqus? maybe.  on the positive side, most wotr game killer bugs has been eradicated with far more speed and diligence than we woulda' credited possible given our kingmaker experiences. as such is quite possible your bug is not lethal with the less than reassuring "proof" being it has not been addressed in spite o' fact it is a persistent and seeming universal issue. pretty much every past wotr game killer bug we know of has been fixed in spite o' lack o' owlcat responsiveness. is therefore reasonable to assume if this bug were game ending, then it would have been addressed-- reasonable conclusion if not necessarily logical. feedback from owlcat is hit and miss, so is ez to assume the worst, but am gonna give the developer credit for having done a better than fair job o' fixing the major quest bugs in a timely manner. 

wotr mechanics bugs, on the other hand, is hit & miss with owlcat and is difficult to anticipate which issues the developer deems worth the effort to address. 

as such, am gonna admit how given the amount o' time which has elapsed since the bug appeared and recognizing there has been no attempted fix having been announced in any subsequent patch is counter-intuitive evidence which encourages us in our belief the bug is not lethal.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Uh oh... Poor Gorth. Ended up in a bit of a bind. How to wing it in this situation? 🤔

YseDOhx.jpg

Ahah! Space bar!... Ok, fully scripted. At the end, Gorth is a legend! 😎

GLpgmyX.jpg

Which suddenly gave me a metric tonne of levels to level up. I just picked something, because I knew I had to go visit Hilor (was that his name?) in Drezen and respec. Two handfuls of Bard - Thundercaller for giggles 😝

It also gave me an insane amount of hitpoints...

md8kWh8.jpg

Edit: The preceding fight was moderately obnoxious, as it kept hanging and I had to redo it four times. Fourth time was when I realised I could fix the hanging game by switching to realtime and back to turn based again. The hanging seems to be caused by

The boss shadow (shadow of your power/Areelu's seed) kept sweeping his own two goons away with Tsunami, after which one or both got stuck, not taking their turns

• Like 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

1 hour ago, Gorth said:

It also gave me an insane amount of hitpoints...

A turn's worth of damage from a single archer on Unfair. Or less, in case they crit. :p

1 hour ago, Gorth said:

Edit: The preceding fight was moderately obnoxious, as it kept hanging and I had to redo it four times. Fourth time was when I realised I could fix the hanging game by switching to realtime and back to turn based again. The hanging seems to be caused by

That bug keeps happening every now and then, ever since the game was released (and probably in the betas before that). You're lucky to have only stumbled upon it now.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

15 minutes ago, majestic said:

A turn's worth of damage from a single archer on Unfair. Or less, in case they crit. :p

That bug keeps happening every now and then, ever since the game was released (and probably in the betas before that). You're lucky to have only stumbled upon it now.

I had it happen way back in act i iirc (could've been act ii, was a while ago)... where you have to defend the camp/inn/haven (I can't remember the name), when the demons all leave a garrison and march towards your current hideout. That's where I realized real time could make the stalling game unstall and bring the arsonists to the fore again, so I could kill them (and progress the fight, spawning the boss)

I suspect my next game is going to be on "normal" too. Curios to see if I won't find a number of those troublesome encounters somewhat easier with at least a little bit of game and mechanics knowledge under the belt (belt of wisdom +2 !!!)

13 minutes ago, Gorth said:

I had it happen way back in act i iirc (could've been act ii, was a while ago)... where you have to defend the camp/inn/haven (I can't remember the name)

Btw, I thought it was a nice touch that this can go one of two ways. In my first (aborted) game, I found myself defending the inn, as I suppose many people do. But in my second (also aborted) game, I ended up doing things quickly enough (no idea what the limit is), so the attack on the inn never materialized and I ended up being thanked for being quick. I think I also got some extra gear and extra XP, which probably wasn't significant. But I thought it was nice that they'd thought of this possibility and then realized it in the narrative, too.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gorth said:

I had it happen way back in act i iirc (could've been act ii, was a while ago)... where you have to defend the camp/inn/haven (I can't remember the name), when the demons all leave a garrison and march towards your current hideout. That's where I realized real time could make the stalling game unstall and bring the arsonists to the fore again, so I could kill them (and progress the fight, spawning the boss)

unsolicited advice: alt + b is a viable option for salvaging a frozen fight.

a switch to real time is the ordinary solution to a few o' the locked-up combat bugs which still happen in tb mode and is more likely if you got loads o' mounted combat options. however, there might be a time when a switch to rt don't fix the problem and when such happens during a boss fight it is more than a little frustrating.

solution: alt+b, the bug submission feature, makes it possible to create a save during combat. if the switch to rt don't clear your problem, you may need to complete restart the game. creating a wotr bug submission results in a save point being generated which will protect the  effort spent on your boss fight before the game predictable crapped out on you at the worst possible time... again.

warning: a reload o' a save from combat will reorder initiative. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I didn't play for a few days and when I come back the game is full of bugs. The icons for area exit disappear and I have to save and load before leaving any area. And when I entered the 10,000 delights all animal companions disappeared. Maybe the party realized that entering that place with a horse, a dragon, an elk and a triceratops doesn't look good? This was also fixed by a save and load.

In the arena I can't see the surgeon and the tiefling that has an imp because they are hidden in a dark area, but I don't know if this is normal.

This makes no sense, I didn't update the game and there were no problems last week.

• Gasp! 1

sign.jpg

1 hour ago, InsaneCommander said:

I didn't play for a few days and when I come back the game is full of bugs. The icons for area exit disappear and I have to save and load before leaving any area. And when I entered the 10,000 delights all animal companions disappeared. Maybe the party realized that entering that place with a horse, a dragon, an elk and a triceratops doesn't look good? This was also fixed by a save and load.

In the arena I can't see the surgeon and the tiefling that has an imp because they are hidden in a dark area, but I don't know if this is normal.

This makes no sense, I didn't update the game and there were no problems last week.

I did get the update and the abilities section is wonky. There's also some issues with animal companions showing up, but a reload usually fixes it. The game seems stable enough, but I'm considering rerolling the dhampir wizard into That Time I Got Reincarnated As A Lich: So I'm Taming The Final Boss.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, KP From Another World said:

I did get the update and the abilities section is wonky. There's also some issues with animal companions showing up, but a reload usually fixes it. The game seems stable enough, but I'm considering rerolling the dhampir wizard into That Time I Got Reincarnated As A Lich: So I'm Taming The Final Boss.

You could also try: The BFT Who Was Exiled from the Commander's Party Meets a Catgirl From the Mongrel Race.

• Gasp! 1

sign.jpg

12 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

You could also try: The BFT Who Was Exiled from the Commander's Party Meets a Catgirl From the Mongrel Race.

I'm planning on doing a I Gained A Second Character Class and Became The Strongest Sage in Golarion!, So Is It Wrong To Pick Up Girls (and Daeran) In A Dungeon? run as a Trickster. Why do one Isekai when you can do double Isekai?

• Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1

In hindsight I should probably have kept my trickster (that means a full trickster run some day). But legend was the plan from the outset. I have no idea how far I still have to go in the current game, but I imagine in my next game I'll try something squishier than my barbarian (even if adding 15 levels of bard was not the best option to "bulk" up my barbarian 😂). Maybe a necromancer turned lich or a druid turned angel or something crazy like that. Interesting ideas and concepts being more important than beating the game on high difficulty settings for me... Yes, wimp I am 😝

Edit: A similar phenomenon to when I play Kill Team or Horus Heresy. Winning isn't the sole objective as much as an interesting fight with lots of narrative in it.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Gorth said:

Maybe a necromancer turned lich or a druid turned angel or something crazy like that. Interesting ideas and concepts being more important than beating the game on high difficulty settings for me... Yes, wimp I am 😝

it is possible to go from lich to gold dragon, as improbable as that sounds. our previous lich run were not a fun experience as our intention were to do a lawful lich with only as much limited overt evil as necessary, but owlcat's vision were making a mess o' our plan. even so, if am gonna ever do another lich run is gonna be with the plan o' going the gold dragon redemption route from lich... 'cause.

HA! Good Fun!

ps our dog is now able to stand under its own power w/o screaming when making the attempt, so we did manage a little wotr gaming even if we still don't get much sleep-- am so lucky am retired or am not certain how we woulda' handled the dog situation. point is we did have time to do blackwater with what is now our high charisma skald azata. the best joke exploit made our hard run the easiest blackwater attempt we has yet tried. 

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, KP From Another World said:

I'm planning on doing a I Gained A Second Character Class and Became The Strongest Sage in Golarion!, So Is It Wrong To Pick Up Girls (and Daeran) In A Dungeon? run as a Trickster. Why do one Isekai when you can do double Isekai?

Double? You probably already did it. Everyone who sided with Wenduag did a Harem in the Labyrinth in Another World when entering the Maze with her, Seelah and Camellia. And from Wenduag’s pov, the whole game is So I’m Spider, So What?

Now what I want to know is: does resting in the Wintersun cave to trigger Arue’s romance dialogue count as Is It Wrong to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? And is Mephistopheles The Devil is a Part Timer since he just stands there doing nothing most of the time?🤔

Edit: And if he just stands there, does this counts as JoJo's Bizarre Adventures?

Edited by InsaneCommander
  • Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1

sign.jpg

1 hour ago, InsaneCommander said:

Double? You probably already did it. Everyone who sided with Wenduag did a Harem in the Labyrinth in Another World when entering the Maze with her, Seelah and Camellia. And from Wenduag’s pov, the whole game is So I’m Spider, So What?

Now what I want to know is: does resting in the Wintersun cave to trigger Arue’s romance dialogue count as Is It Wrong to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? And is Mephistopheles The Devil is a Part Timer since he just stands there doing nothing most of the time?🤔

Edit: And if he just stands there, does this counts as JoJo's Bizarre Adventures?

I guess when you think about it, every cRPG is already an Isekai. Given the bulk of Isekai stories, it almost impossible to not unintentionally do a playthrough that doesn't borrow from one of them, so we've been aping the ridiculously long named stories the whole time whether we intend to or not. I guess this is what Bruce Willlis felt like when he realized he was dead in The Sixth Sense.

49 minutes ago, majestic said:

If unclear from the preview image: disturbing content warning.

• Like 1
  • Gasp! 1

40 minutes ago, bugarup said:

I read KP's and Insane's posts on this page, there are words and sentences but I do not understand any of them 😟

I'll help you out. The Shyamalan Twist in The Sixth Sense (1999) is that Bruce Willis has been dead the whole time but was unaware of his status as a ghost. So "I guess this is what Bruce Willlis felt like when he realized he was dead in The Sixth Sense." indicates a realization of a ongoing phenomenon a person was previously ignorant of.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1