Funny Stuff: Which website did Chewbacca get arrested for creating? Wookieleaks!

Raithe

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

On 12/6/2022 at 12:58 AM, Keyrock said:

People forget that Murica wasn't always as interventionist as it is these days. We have Woodrow Wilson to thank for sending this country on a century long (and counting) crusade to "save democracy" across the globe. Thanks, Woodrow Wilson!:banghead:

America suffers from acute MIC poisoning.

Military Industrial Complex

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

25181993_513740215691118_667246054117960

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Gasp! 1

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

d0hpjxtewp5a1.png

If anyone missed it, there was a fight between China and India where the soldiers threw stones at each other

Edited by teknoman2
  • Like 3

-Teknoman2-

Oh, the pain, it's happened so many ****ing times. But damn if those weren't some great sessions

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

1 hour ago, Azdeus said:

Oh, the pain, it's happened so many ****ing times. But damn if those weren't some great sessions

I wasn't ever lucky enough to play pen and paper d&d but after watching D20 it seems like the best game in the world if  you have a good group

Edited by Serrano
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Azdeus said:

I can remember two standout moments. The first one, we just killed the campaign before it properly started. The setting was some backwater village with our party having grown up there. We had a cleric, a rogue, a ranger and a barbarian who rolled so bad he ended up having an intelligence of five, and basically all he ever said was expressing his current physical and emotional state in short sentences. Me hungry. Me tired. Get breakfast?

Anyway, the village comes under attack, and the cleric and I (the rogue) just take off and start plundering the village chief's home while the others try to hold off the invaders. While the defense was basically successful, with half of our party getting locked up, well, our DM decided to change the campaign.

The second attempt saw us heading out to find and bring back a missing scout (I was playing a fighter for this one, starting level was 4 - 3E, by the way). So we head out, find out the scout was apparently killed by some dangerous wildlife, cleaned his corpse out, read the report he was carrying and then hauled his dead, naked butt back to the village chief, because he said bring back the scout, right? We were like "Yeah, we found your scout, here, he's heavy and a bit smelly, now where's our reward?" but the chief was none too happy.

Anyway, the report had some side note about orcs gathering in the mountains and a strange group of humans doing some excavation at dwarven ruins and an outpost somewhere in the desert. It also contained a sketch of some dwarven runes.

Our village also had a minor dwarven enclave at a mine nearby. The idea was pretty clear, take the drawing, head to the mine, talk to the dwarves, get to the ruins, find out what's going on. We skipped the part about asking the dwarves, did not figure out a way to enter the ruins (well, obviously), then simply left for the desert and found the outpost, an imposing tower with an underground complex. Heading over, two guards came out telling us that we're not supposed to be here, but we just killed one, and captured the other.

Going up, we eventually ended up being discovered, barricaded ourselves on a balcony (with the prisoner), then took positions at each side of the door. Using the door as a choke point, the guards, even though they were plentiful and level 10 NPCs, just died one by one, the ranger kept tripping them with his chain, and we just killed them. Eventually the DM just put guards with bows below the balcony that started pelting us with arrows. We threw the prisoner down the balcony for some more space, but they just kept coming and wore us down.

Still, after killing almost 40 level 10 guards (that was a nice challenge rating), we were thrown in prison. We promptly escaped because knock worked on the cell doors, we overpowered the guards, dressed as guards, then looked around. Found a cantina, started a bar brawl, then snuck around while everything was in chaos and ran across the commander of the place. With a series of really, really lucky rolls the ranger just kept him tripped until we managed to defeat him. He was like level 20, and was supposed to be one of the final encounters of the campaign.

Turns out he had an artifact level ring and the compound was originally built by some mysterious (maybe dwarven, but who knows, never figured that out) kingdom that used the giant ants in the desert to build an underground city beneath the sands. Pretty impressive. Anyway, the ring could be used to give commands to the ants (or, well, the queens) and we agreed that it would be a decent idea to just send them all to the mountains to wipe out the gathering orcs before they can become a problem. DM decided that our orders were not clear enough, so the ants just destroyed everythin on their way... and the orcs.

There, campaign 'won'. In, like, two sessions. :p

Edited by majestic
  • Haha 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

2 hours ago, Serrano said:

I wasn't ever lucky enough to play pen and paper d&d but after watching D20 it seems like the best game in the world if  you have a good group

It really can be, as you said, if you have a great group you can easilly play for 8+ hours and kind of collectively end up losing track of time, and be like "Wait, the sun's going up guys..."

A long time ago I was in a game and half the players had a disagreement with the DM. So logically they did a Martin Luther and taped a list of complaints and changes on his door. Wild game.

• Confused 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

8 minutes ago, Make a contract with KP said:

A long time ago I was in a game and half the players had a disagreement with the DM. So logically they did a Martin Luther and taped a list of complaints and changes on his door. Wild game.

A13usaonutL._CLa%7C2140,2000%7C91Hz5UxMe

Also, you never, ever, at all, for any "reason" whatsoever argue in game.

Warning! Not Safe For your Scheduling, you will get stuck, and you have been warned 😛

Edited by Azdeus

3 minutes ago, Azdeus said:

A13usaonutL._CLa%7C2140,2000%7C91Hz5UxMe

Also, you never, ever, at all, for any "reason" whatsoever argue in game.

Warning! Not Safe For your Scheduling, you will get stuck, and you have been warned 😛

This was out of the game and was honestly pretty funny. These guys got so into it they typed a manifesto and stopped by his apartment just to slap it on his door.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Make a contract with KP said:

This was out of the game and was honestly pretty funny. These guys got so into it they typed a manifesto and stopped by his apartment just to slap it on his door.

Fair enough, I read "in a game" as in that the session was going on. 😄