The All Things Political Topic - Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation

Gromnir

10 minutes ago, Gromnir said:

?

warnock's advert is not subtle. is saying a vote for walker is a vote for trump and is obvious warnock believes invoking trump harms walker's chances. 

*shrug*

your name didn't come up once in our uncharacteristically brief post.

HA! Good Fun!

Bastard browser tricking me and making me think you were responding to what I said. I should've known that there was something there because of the extra empty return at the beginning of your post which usually denotes something is missing but it can be hard to spot if I'm not looking for it, my apologies.

firefox_QsQ5jMC760.png

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Or..... Bartimaeus outed as Warnock's campaign manager.

• Haha 4

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

1 minute ago, Pidesco said:

Or..... Bartimaeus outed as Warnock's campaign manager.

Yes, well, now that I've actually seen the advert in question, your previous response also makes a hell of a lot more sense, :p.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Haha 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

https://sports.yahoo.com/qatar-officials-ban-beer-world-122706531.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

Qatar has decided to ban alcohol from the stadiums, to quote " Following discussions between host country authorities and FIFA, a decision has been made to focus the sale of alcoholic beverages on the FIFA Fan Festival, other fan destinations and licensed venues, removing sales points of beer from ... stadium perimeters,”

Its outrageous and clearly racist, we all should be .....outraged 

Lets hope this doesnt negatively impact the overall WC?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Slave labour worked to death over building new stadiums? Who cares. Repressive society? Who cares. Women's rights? Who cares. Minority's rights? Who cares. Corruption in the FIFA? Part of the game.

No beer at the game? GET THE PITCHFORKS!

Proper priority setting, amiright?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

11 minutes ago, majestic said:

Slave labour worked to death over building new stadiums? Who cares. Repressive society? Who cares. Women's rights? Who cares. Minority's rights? Who cares. Corruption in the FIFA? Part of the game.

I just assumed it was mainly English fans. Alcohol is the only way they can experience their football 😛

Complaining about corruption when it comes to awarding a WC is a bit rich though - that is the way the game works

But hey, they have Bud Zero

Edited by Malcador
  • Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

4 minutes ago, majestic said:

You make good points :thumbsup:

But drinking beer is more important ?

• Haha 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

No alcohol at a professional sporting event would be weird, I dont think Ive ever seen it anywhere I went. On the flip side, at least the stadium is environmentally friendly: Qatar touts dismountable stadium for World Cup – DW – 11/25/2021. Maybe they can toss the dead slave labor in one and bury it in the desert, for a more environmentally friendly burial practice.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, majestic said:

Im glad you share my outrage, what should we do? Protest...and I mean really protest, lets even demand some statues get taken down. That should get our message across :thumbsup:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, Gfted1 said:

No alcohol at a professional sporting event would be weird, I dont think Ive ever seen it anywhere I went. On the flip side, at least the stadium is environmentally friendly. Maybe they can toss the dead slave labor in one and bury it in the desert, for a more environmentally friendly burial practice.

:lol:

And the issue is really Budweiser is a sponsor and they backtracked on an agreement 

John Milton 

3 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

Im glad you share my outrage, what should we do? Protest...and I mean really protest, lets even demand some statues get taken down. That should get our message across :thumbsup:

What about squatting in some public spaces for a few months? Thatll really pump the social media numbers.

• Haha 1

no beer is sold at byu home games, and caffeinated beverages were verboten until recent. given new rules, is tougher to claim college football don't qualify as a professional sport, and regardless, ticket costs average more than $60.

admitted, jim mcmahon were frequent seen not going to class on campus, spitting chew and drinking moosehead beer, so the rules were not exact applied equal, but regardless, there were no beer concessions at the time and such prohibitions remain in place. byu games frequent sell out.

HA! Good Fun!

ps seating capacity for the stadium in provo, utah is 65K.

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

2 hours ago, BruceVC said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/qatar-officials-ban-beer-world-122706531.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

Qatar has decided to ban alcohol from the stadiums, to quote " Following discussions between host country authorities and FIFA, a decision has been made to focus the sale of alcoholic beverages on the FIFA Fan Festival, other fan destinations and licensed venues, removing sales points of beer from ... stadium perimeters,”

Its outrageous and clearly racist, we all should be .....outraged 

Lets hope this doesnt negatively impact the overall WC?

Apparently they also want to ban journalists from the WC...

Of course, Danish journalists do have a tendency to not shut up and just report what they see. Freedom of expression may not be rooted in any Danish constitution, but you bet it's very deeply rooted in Danish culture 🙄

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/nov/16/qatar-world-cup-organisers-apologise-after-threats-to-danish-television-crew

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-europe-63655870

https://7news.com.au/sport/world-cup-soccer/qatar-world-cup-security-caught-threatening-to-destroy-danish-reporters-camera-on-live-tv-c-8882193

https://news.sky.com/story/qatari-security-threaten-to-break-danish-tv-crews-camera-during-live-pre-world-cup-broadcast-12748868

https://www.newsweek.com/danish-tv-live-broadcast-shut-down-qatar-world-cup-1760108

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-11432775/Qatari-officials-threaten-DESTROY-Danish-reporters-camera-LIVE-TV.html

https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/sports/qatar-authorities-apologise-threatening-danish-film-crew-world-cup-2022-11-16/

https://www.timesnownews.com/world/qatar-officials-threaten-to-break-world-cup-reporters-camera-on-live-tv-issue-apology-later-watch-article-95574591

Yes, the WC is off to a "good" start, highlighting why it was a bad idea letting them buy the rights to host it.

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

23 minutes ago, Gorth said:

That Danish story has been  raised extensively and the treatment of the journalists was deplorable. Im glad they apologized but is it enough? And I can  tell you something else, Qatar is one of the  less conservative countries in the ME. I am  still concerned about LGBT fans, thats always been my biggest concern

And you raise a good point, FIFA needs to seriously reflect on which countries get to host the WC 

John Milton 

The choice was driven by bribes. FIFA is astoundingly corrupt, and has been for decades. 

What bothers me the most is the established individual players that are choosing to participate anyway. Goes to show they are all a bunch of right bastards. 

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

• Gorth locked this topic

Politics continued...

:skull:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein