What You've Done Today - Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.

majestic

10 hours ago, Gorth said:

My hair went through “phases” throughout life. As a kid I was white haired (almost like you would expect from an albino except I could get a tan, Danish summer allowing). As a young teenager I was platinum blond. Friends used to tease my dad because he’s dark haired and my mom a brunette 😝

As and older teen and a young man, my hair was dark enough to give me a Mediterranean look. But in my mid twenties it started getting really grey and now it’s somewhere between grey and white mostly 😔

have no reason to believe the following, but we nevertheless assume our hair is gonna go grey w/i a comical short period o' time. am in fifties and we got a few white hairs which you will notice if you are standing uncomfortably close to Gromnir.  however, 'cause our eyesight went from better than 20/20 to distinct far-sighted over the course o' a couple years, we irrational believe our hair will do something similar, going from almost uniform dark to colorless w/i a year. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

New best 10 yard grouping:

JCE09HQ.jpeg

1 nasty outlier, but in a 15 shot grouping that's not too bad; better than 3, anyway. I'm still getting used to the trigger pull. I don't want to pull the trigger too hard since that's a recipe to jerk the gun back and fire high, but pulling the trigger too lightly means holding the gun outstretched for an extended period of time and the Glock 40 has quite a bit of weight to it (one of the down sides of a hand cannon). It will come with practice.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

The 'rona caused a reduced sense of smell, and with it, reduced taste. Most foods that are not laden with salt or sugar, are swimming in fat or rich in glutamate taste like paper. Well, paper that's better chewable than paper, but still, not the most pleasant of sensations. On the bright side, I'm not able to smell sweat or any other unpleasant olfactory experience originating from (other) humans, so that is a plus.

What a wonderful disease, can only recommend it to everyone.

Edited by majestic
  • Like 1
  • Sad 6

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

13 minutes ago, majestic said:

The 'rona caused a reduced sense of smell, and with it, reduced taste. Most foods that are not laden with salt or sugar, are swimming in fat or rich in glutamate taste like paper. Well, paper that's better chewable than paper, but still, not the most pleasant of sensations. On the bright side, I'm not able to smell sweat or any other unpleasant olfactory experience originating from (other) humans, so that is a plus.

I couldn't taste and smell anything, but it luckily lasted only a couple of days. Such a strange feeling, like having something stuck in your sinuses.

• Hmmm 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Bored at work as I am winding down my time here, listen to one GTA 4 song and then Youtube tosses me into the Russian music.  Definitely on a list now, ended up on so pro-DPR video with Z's everywhere :lol:

• Haha 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

On 8/10/2022 at 9:22 PM, majestic said:

I know people who lost there sense of smell for 12 months and others who recovered it after 2-3 weeks. And then some who never lost it at all. What an insidious disease around symptoms 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Not to make light of anyone's misery, but sometimes I've wished I couldn't taste anything, because then I wouldn't like chocolate/cookies - or "bored eating" - etc. anymore. And it'd be super easy, barely an inconvenience to stay no/low carb then.  😛

Different topic: not that anyone cares but me probably, but Jackson Galaxy is going to do another Stray live stream on YouTube today (Fri) at noon. Or it'll be a reg. upload at some point the next day. (Sat)  I can't wait to see him "suffer" some more trying to play the game. Plus I have nothing better to do then watch a cat guru play a cat game.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Almost 40

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I had a short and quick delivery today so I had time to go to the shooting range. I have a membership, so going often doesn't cost me anything extra... Except the cost of the ammo, but you don't get better by not firing a ****ton of rounds. Anyway, I'm a lot more comfortable with the Glock 40 now, namely the trigger pull and recoil. I managed this 20 yard 15 shot grouping:

Hk0UMZR.jpeg

I still want to tighten it up, of course, but not too shabby for some shmuck like me. That's 15 out of 15 definite kill shots, granted that shooting a still target while completely safe is not the same as a moving one while threatened.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Well, back at work, already confronted with the fact that literally everyone else at the company is a complete dweeb incapable of critical thinking and problem analysis, and I'm back at doing what I sadly am best at: fixing someone else's mess. Yay...

• Like 2
  • Gasp! 1

Got back on Monday night from a 9 day vacation in Cabo San Lucas and it feels like I was there for a month. :lol: We stayed at the Riu Palace Baja (Riu Palace Baja California | Adults Only Hotel Cabo San Lucas) and the view and amenities were vastly nicer than Playa Del Carmen or Cozumel. I guess West coast is best coast! Several hundred work emails were waiting for me upon my return though. ;( 

• Like 2

Starting new job next week, eager to see what fresh hell I've decided to jump into.

• Like 2
  • Gasp! 1

1 hour ago, Malcador said:

Starting new job next week, eager to see what fresh hell I've decided to jump into.

I feel like you are going to be disappointed if it turns to be a chill and easy place to work at. 😂

• Haha 2
  • Gasp! 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

32 minutes ago, Sarex said:

I feel like you are going to be disappointed if it turns to be a chill and easy place to work at. 😂

Be the change you want to see (by making it hell yourself).

• Gasp! 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

57 minutes ago, Sarex said:

My life is defined through suffering 😛

Found some ancient text based game or something I was making when learning C#, at least I had the good sense to make as much OO as possible.  Looks like I had some idea of use function pointers but C# lacks that it seems.  Always fun to look at old code, well or any old work, it's like someone else wrote it :lol:

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 1
  • Gasp! 1

54 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Always fun to look at old code, well or any old work, it's like someone else wrote it :lol:

Yeah, sometimes when the mood strikes me, I'll grab my old backups and flip through them. The stuff I wrote at school, no wonder my teachers hated me. :p

On 8/17/2022 at 4:20 PM, majestic said:

Yeah, sometimes when the mood strikes me, I'll grab my old backups and flip through them. The stuff I wrote at school, no wonder my teachers hated me. :p

Well for me it's no wonder I got the grades I did.  I talked to myself in the comments, pretty sure the TA's thought I was schizo.. :lol:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Malcador said:

Well for me it's no wonder I got the grades I did.  I talked to myself in the comments, pretty sure the TA's thought I was schizo.. :lol:

Yeah, so my stuff was mostly uncommented and intentionally as arcane as I could manage to make it. Which is fairly easy to do in C, especially if your target operating system is Novell-DOS.

typedef unsigned int (far *s_arrayptr);

struct mainscreenstructure
{
  int x;
  int y;
  s_arrayptr screen[80];
} mainscreen;

void screenOutputxy(int x, int y, char *out, long ATTR)
{
  for (int i = 0; i <= strlen(out); i++)
    mainscreen.screen[y][x + i] = out[i] + ATTR;
}

void main(void)
{
  _DL = 1;
  _DH = 1;
  _AH = 0x02;
  _BH = 0;
  asm int 10h;

for (register int i = 0; i < 25; i++)
    mainscreen.screen[i] = (s_arrayptr) ((void 0xB800 + i * 0xA * )( 0xB800 + i * 0xA ) + ( void near * )( 0 ));

mainscreen.x = 0;
  mainscreen.y = 0;

screenOutputxy(0, 0, "Hello World", 0xF000);  

_AX = 0x0700;
  _asm int 21h;
}

Heh, that CODE tag is kind of hard to read. In case it's not totally obvious ( :shrugz:), this clears the screen, then builds a struct full of pointers to every character on a DOS 80x25 screen and writes Hello World directly on the screen, then waits for an input. Because only lamers use printf(). :p

• Haha 3

My brother-in-law went for a 4 day hike in Czech in a place called the Sumava park that reaches into the Bavarian forest, it was 70 miles and they did about 18 miles/day. The scenery looks amazing 

IMG-20220817-WA0000-1.jpg

IMG-20220817-WA0001-1.jpg

IMG-20220817-WA0002-1.jpg

IMG-20220817-WA0003-1.jpg

IMG-20220817-WA0004-1.jpg

IMG-20220817-WA0005-1.jpg

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

Walk...18 miles...per day?! Hard pass. :lol:

Seriously though, it looks beautiful and its interesting to see the padlock-on-a-fence thing is multi-national.

What !! I thought when you use to do your daily walks you did 18-20 miles/day ? :aiee:

But I agree, 18 miles/day is not my idea of a reasonable or achievable hike 

John Milton