What You've Done Today - Always You Must Meddle, Looking For Trouble Where None Exists.

Sarex

1 hour ago, BruceVC said:

We can only assist with clever names if you explain what the business is?

Why? The obvious name of choice is Shady Deals, ideally with a stylized picture of him on the logo. :p

• Like 3

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

7 hours ago, ShadySands said:

I'm struggling to come up with a name for a new business I'm starting.

Albert's House of Kaleidoscopes.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

don't forget the logo

462845.png

s-l300.jpg

we had a bunch o' cavedog swag, and not 'cause we were such a fan o' total annihilation.

HA! Good Fun!

ps am still joking

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

11 hours ago, ShadySands said:

So much potential in "Shady"... Shady Cars, Shady Accounting, Shady Tech Support, Shady Consulting, Shady Business Advisory Services, Shady Repair Works... Ok, it may not really sell long term 😁

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

21 hours ago, ShadySands said:

Sandy Shades Inc.

• Gasp! 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

We use a software tool call TAP to plan site builds and radio deployment of private 5G networks. My job is to optimize performance on completed project sites. Mainly indoors or on premises outdoors.  More and more I'm finding that TAP has been causing some... miscalculations in propagation distance. the thing about 5G is it's utilizing channels in the EHF band. So wavelength is really, really, short. Less than a centimeter. As wavelength is directly proportional to propagation distance where power is constant distance from radios to handsets is a big deal. Well, the finished projects have blind spots and when I load them in TAP there shouldn't be. So I stopped using TAP, broke out the ol' faithful TI-36X (29 years old it's still the best calculator I've ever used) and channeled my inner Friis and calculated free space path loss and coverage arc. TAP was wrong. Every single time wrong. 

I know a lot of my colleagues think I'm a grouchy old man who does not trust computers. Not that it isn't true. But the best computer is the one between your ears! 

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

4 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

But the best computer is the one between your ears! 

Well, and the TI-36X 😛

• Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

1 hour ago, ShadySands said:

have mentioned how quixotic and ironic cold we found the recent dune movie. ok movie, but... cold. however, we did enjoy at least one moment:

crop;webp=auto;jpeg_quality=60.jpg

HA! Good Fun!

ps the scene woulda been even better if leto or paul were walking pugs.

Edited by Gromnir
added ps
  • Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Looks like I'll have a new address Tuesday next week, ending my short career as... I won't say homeless, because I would feel like I'm mocking the genuinely homeless, but the temporary without fixed address people, while living in a hotel. Still, feels nice to know I'll have an actual postal address again soon.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Had a half day off, so wrapped up a chunk of costume time.

Ze Mando Flak-Vest is now complete.

O6K2zzX.jpg

va0S0OE.jpg

03AhVGs.jpg

Seems to work.

IaHvkdx.jpg

• Like 4

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

We "prioritize" a client at work by focusing our meager resources on them and letting everything else burn.  Had to meet with two of the ignored ones today

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Sad 1

I'm tired of the phrase "it's the least I could do" being used incorrectly. From now on I'm only going to use it correctly. Next time I forget or am too lazy to do something I was supposed to and someone calls me out on it I'll say "it's the least I could do."

• Hmmm 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

16 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

I'm tired of the phrase "it's the least I could do" being used incorrectly. From now on I'm only going to use it correctly. Next time I forget or am too lazy to do something I was supposed to and someone calls me out on it I'll say "it's the least I could do."

I only read the first four words. No need to thank me. It's the least I could do.

• Hmmm 1

12 minutes ago, the_dog_days said:

I only read the first four words. No need to thank me. It's the least I could do.

Liar! The least you could have done is nothing. It's always nothing.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

37 minutes ago, majestic said:

Currently compiling a system update. I even tested it this time, it was...

Damn overachiever 😁

1 hour ago, majestic said:

Currently compiling a system update. I even tested it this time, it was... the least I could do, right? :p 

What does "tested" mean ?

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Malcador said:

What does "tested" mean ?

Nothing.

• Sad 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

We've had CEOs and such in the past say that QA is an unnecessary expense as developers can test as well.  Yup.

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Sarex said:

Damn you all...DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!!!

Plot twist, we're already there.

1283595.jpg

Edited by KP wants Blue Velvet
  • Gasp! 1

Neighbour has gone turbo-Ukranian patriot, has flag on his house, slogan on his door.  Hopefully he doesn't know about the Russian further down the street...

• Haha 1