What are you Playing Now? No really, tell us more...

Wormerine

3 hours ago, melkathi said:

Rant about the lie that is the theory of two extremes, as best illustrated in "moral dilemmas" such as the choice between NCR and Caesar's Legion

I thought New Vegas did it alright, they were all bad choices, which I liked.  Same with Deadfire, I didn't like any of the factions...  Maybe I just don't like groups.

Mass effect 2 is maybe the worst offender for 2 extremes...  because any diversion from good or bad, will have bad results, no mix and matching... basically you should just choose whether to be good or bad at the start, and not have to decide anything.

Edit: I might not know what theory of two extremes is

Edited by Theonlygarby
  • Like 1

Last night I landed back in Cape Town at 10 pm and after getting home and unpacking it was 11:30 pm and I normally go to sleep before midnight. Anyway I ended up playing   Bards Tale Trilogy: Remastered  till 2 am

Also Im a contractor so I decided to take today off and game the whole day. ( I cant invoice but sometimes sacrifices must be made on the altar of gaming commitment) I am having great fun exploring Skara Brae and my battles with kobolds, dogs, orcs and conjurerors. I am also enjoying the repetitive exploration and gameplay mechanics and ostensibly easy combat and simple combat strategies...its an entertaining  CRPG :sorcerer:

Edited by BruceVC
  • Like 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Im fortunate, I still love Bioware and play all their games like Mass Effect  and Dragon Age

I cant wait for DA4 :dancing:

• Like 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Yeah but I think we already established that you are weirdo Bruce

• Haha 7
  • Hmmm 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

1 hour ago, BruceVC said:

Also Im a contractor so I decided to take today off and game the whole day. 

The benefit of being your own boss. I had to teach myself to do that as well. Not necessarily for gaming, but just say today/tomorrow I am not working.

Otherwise you end up with no weekends, no vacations, no life.

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

3 minutes ago, melkathi said:

The benefit of being your own boss. I had to teach myself to do that as well. Not necessarily for gaming, but just say today/tomorrow I am not working.

Otherwise you end up with no weekends, no vacations, no life.

It has its benefits but I would much rather be permanently employed and have a boss but get a monthly salary. This is the first I have been a contractor in my life and its only because I moved to CPT and the work I do primarily in the financial sector is much less because all the banks in SA have their head offices in JHB so their are much less customers 

But its a beautiful and vibrant city CPT and I have been able to see my family lots so its worth it despite my revenue stream being less 

• Like 1

John Milton 

That reminds me Melk we should start new company in MW with Lexx included, he should be around now no?

• Thanks 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

14 minutes ago, melkathi said:

Game fairly sits in the more fun with friends category.

Isn't that every game ever made? Even single player games are more fun with buddies talking **** when you fail...

I suppose, ahem, adult games might be kinda awkward and thus less fun with friends... Or a whole lot more fun, depending on what you're into. :shifty:

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

10 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

Isn't that every game ever made? Even single player games are more fun with buddies talking **** when you fail...

I think there is a difference of enjoying someone company, and enjoyment coming from interacting with other players only. 

I also disagree with the latter half. I would say most of my fav games would be worse with a company. Backseat or otherwise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Wormerine said:

I also disagree with the latter half. I would say most of my fav games would be worse with a company. Backseat or otherwise.

I'll concede that story-driven games with a lot of reading would probably be better played alone. Action-y games are definitely better with the peanut gallery chiming in, though.

Anyway, I did a quest chain in The Good Life where I became a sheep mounted knight then got blackout drunk off whisky. Now I'm trying to grow a giant beanstalk to enter a UFO. #JustSweryThings

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

On 1/4/2022 at 9:55 PM, Theonlygarby said:

I get that it's probably a style choice, but due to your companions being possible MCs, your created character feels so out of place.  I felt zero connection to a created character.  You are unnecessary, and a burden.

This is a HUGE issue I have with BG3.

• Like 1

On 1/5/2022 at 11:01 PM, Keyrock said:

I suppose, ahem, adult games might be kinda awkward and thus less fun with friends... Or a whole lot more fun, depending on what you're into. :shifty:

You need new friends then 😝

Genital Jousting on Steam is just hilarious when played with the right friends. Sorry, can’t link to it. Search for it on the Steam site 😁

• Haha 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

So, my graphic card had moved, part weight, part the strong earthquakes... It wasn't connecting right. The card fried and took the SSD with it.

Long story short, still not playing nuthin.

But it's getting repaired...

• Sad 2

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

On 1/5/2022 at 11:02 AM, Theonlygarby said:

I thought New Vegas did it alright, they were all bad choices, which I liked.  Same with Deadfire, I didn't like any of the factions...  Maybe I just don't like groups.

Mass effect 2 is maybe the worst offender for 2 extremes...  because any diversion from good or bad, will have bad results, no mix and matching... basically you should just choose whether to be good or bad at the start, and not have to decide anything.

Edit: I might not know what theory of two extremes is

choosing legion really didn't make sense

feels like the most unfinished part of the game

the similarly militaristic faction in tyranny or deadfire are much more easy for player to support

More Super Neptunia RPG. Getting slowly to the end of the game, to save the 3D games from vanishing 😄

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Aaaand Super Neptunia RPG has been finished :). The game was pretty enjoyable, although not as much as the mainline games. It was also much less grindy. The story was little bit cheesy, but it had it's bright spots as well :) . It took me some time to get used to the combat, and how to properly set up the party for each area, to exploit the weaknesses of enemies, but after I got into it, I started to have much more fun with the game.

The biggest challenge for me were the Magic Stone Challenges, where I spent a lot of time, because I am not much of a platform player, but it was a nice fresh air in between the typical RPG fetch quests, and I was able to get all 500 of them :)

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours