The All Things Political Topic - All people love themselves too much to be changed by something as simple as love.

Gromnir

9 hours ago, Gromnir said:

it's as if you didn't even read the linked material.

as for tucker, if you applaud him 'cause he says stuff you already agree with, that is hardly a meaningful. also, you are demanding scorn from Gromnir if you are seriously balancing tucker's pandemic and january 6 lies with his interview o' jordan peterson. 

how 'bout the ed gavin interview?

or

but no doubt bruce agrees with tucker's take on blm.

HA! Good Fun!

No I dont agree with much of what he says, I agree with him only on things that align with my current  political views. So for example I dont agree with his attacks on the military at all and anything to do with for example LGBT discrimination

And I agree with him on some of the things he says about BLM, not all

But the point I was making is it is silly to ignore him and think he doesn't matter, its always important to understand the sentiment of opposition parties and their ideological views . Thats what political insight requires , dont shoot the messenger 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

35 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

No I dont agree with much of what he says, I agree with him only on things that align with my current  political views.

of course, which is exact why fox is successful. they sell you what you want to hear. you mistake the tucker's ability to play his audience for insight.

as already noted, is possible to find ways to hear the message o' both sides o' a debate w/o supporting the overt liars and unabashed charlatans. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

25 minutes ago, Gromnir said:

of course, which is exact why fox is successful. they sell you what you want to hear. you mistake the tucker's ability to play his audience for insight.

as already noted, is possible to find ways to hear the message o' both sides o' a debate w/o supporting the overt liars and unabashed charlatans. 

HA! Good Fun!

Yes I agree but I dont support the lies and real hyperbole from the likes of Carlson. That is why I only agree with him on somethings :thumbsup:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

35 minutes ago, Darkpriest said:

I wonder if they will brand the guy responsible for a recent rampage a domestic terrorist....

It would be inaccurate because the definition of terrorism doesn't change and terrorism is where you use violence to achieve a political objective

This guy was fleeing  a domestic violence incident or something similar and he drove his car into innocent people so its not terrorism but very criminal 

John Milton 

49 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

It would be inaccurate because the definition of terrorism doesn't change and terrorism is where you use violence to achieve a political objective

This guy was fleeing  a domestic violence incident or something similar and he drove his car into innocent people so its not terrorism but very criminal 

Still odd to plow through a parade... And not even attempt to dodge people... 

There have been some whispers that he did so as  part of rage for the recent KR verdict, which would make it political. 

I guess we need to wait until more details will be published. 

Could be a reckless rampage, could be a hate crime, could be domestic terrorism. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Darkpriest said:

Still odd to plow through a parade... And not even attempt to dodge people... 

There have been some whispers that he did so as  part of rage for the recent KR verdict, which would make it political. 

I guess we need to wait until more details will be published. 

Could be a reckless rampage, could be a hate crime, could be domestic terrorism. 

Its possible he did act in such a way because of the KR verdict but then he gets charged with a hate crime which is even better 

John Milton 

The most obvious option is of course also the most boring. Somebody barely scraping by in society (seemingly going from verdict to verdict throughout life) having a spat with his partner and never learnt how to deal with anger management issues decided to go on a road rage, not giving a damn about who or how many he kills in the process. Mental health is not something you talk about and it's very unlikely to be offered to those who needs it most (it's probably almost as bad as being a communist and it costs money... lots of money, because US health care is amongst the worlds most inefficient when it comes to value for money).

• Thanks 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

44 minutes ago, Gorth said:

The most obvious option is of course also the most boring. Somebody barely scraping by in society (seemingly going from verdict to verdict throughout life) having a spat with his partner and never learnt how to deal with anger management issues decided to go on a road rage, not giving a damn about who or how many he kills in the process. Mental health is not something you talk about and it's very unlikely to be offered to those who needs it most (it's probably almost as bad as being a communist and it costs money... lots of money, because US health care is amongst the worlds most inefficient when it comes to value for money).

You can cover every _hate_ crime with a mentalnillness by thay logic. 

Heck, i recall people being assaulted for a hate/terrorism, when they were ina a clear distress attacked by an angry mob on the road. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Darkpriest said:

There have been some whispers that he did so as  part of rage for the recent KR verdict

Also heard some whispers that he's one of the lizard people.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

47 minutes ago, Darkpriest said:

You can cover every _hate_ crime with a mentalnillness by thay logic.

I think you're smarter than such statements.

Or do you want to try to convince me that the guy did a survey of the area first and then targeted a specific group based on a set of qualifying criteria? What would be his target group? Did he specifically hate children and the elderly? From the Oxford Dictionary:

hate crime

noun
noun: hate crime; plural noun: hate crimes

a crime, typically one involving violence, that is motivated by prejudice on the basis of race, religion, sexual orientation, or other grounds.

Hint: Hate Crime is aimed at a specific group of people, not at as large a group as possible.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

1 minute ago, Gorth said:

I think you're smarter than such statements.

Or do you want to try to convince me that the guy did a survey of the area first and then targeted a specific group based on a set of qualifying criteria? What would be his target group? Did he specifically hate children and the elderly? From the Oxford Dictionary:

hate crime

noun
noun: hate crime; plural noun: hate crimes

a crime, typically one involving violence, that is motivated by prejudice on the basis of race, religion, sexual orientation, or other grounds.

Hint: Hate Crime is aimed at a specific group of people, not at as large a group as possible.

Well, based on what's available from police report, he did it conciously and aimed to hurt people. He had a history of hitting his partner with a car from last October

I guess we will learn more after court will examine and interview him, I believe today.

Seems like a pretty charming guy, ran over his girlfriend and was out on bail for that.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

8 hours ago, BruceVC said:

And I agree with him on some of the things he says about BLM, not all

Like what ?

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/international/anti-lockdown-riots-in-europe-making-remainer-feel-a-right-****-20211122214546

A REMAINER who spent five years placing total faith in the wisdom and intelligence of Europeans is watching anti-lockdown riots feeling a total ****.

After half a decade preaching the superiority of Europeans for not making suicidal decisions about their futures, Tom Booker is concluding that protesters burning down primary schools in the Netherlands have made him look like a wanker.

He said: “Guys. Hey, guys. You’re meant to be the rational ones, remember?

“You know, pro-economic good sense, anti-climate change, pro-science. What’s all this rioting? We’ve all had our vaccines, and we’re a nation of delusional idiots.

“I get that you’re angry at lockdowns. We were, but only because our leader’s a pitiful xenophobic chancer who refused to learn from the continent. Your leaders are cool multi-lingual technocrats, yeah? I only know Macron and Merkel but I assume they are."
“If you’re having lockdowns and we’re not, and you’re rioting and we’re not, it’s almost like you’re not effortlessly better than us and my whole dream of Europe as a sensible, wonderful paradise that always does everything right was a delusion.

“And it definitely wasn’t, because the ones who base their politics on delusions of national superiority are the other side. And they’re bad and I’m nothing like them.”

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I don't understand anything what is being sad above. 

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

2 hours ago, Gorth said:

something about this accused mass killer has caught dp's attention. unfortunate, there is typical one or two mass killing events every year in the US, but this one is somehow special for dp. pittsburgh synagogue killer? el paso supermarket shooter? no accusations 'bout how "they" will label the suspect from dp then, yes? ordinarily we wouldn't indulge such speculation, but seeing as how dp is clear doing so, he has kinda opened the door, yes?

so what might be different 'bout darrell e. brooks that, given dp's posting history, might explain a curious fascination and need to indulge in whataboutism even before he gots any info worth sharing?

it's a mystery... or is it? am just asking questions.

we mentioned tucker carlson earlier. gotta love his transparent just asking questions shtick. am wondering if dp is a fan? 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

1 hour ago, Malcador said:

Like what ?

Oh the normal things I have been raising for about 12-18 months that include 

1. The lack of law enforcement in mostly Democrat controlled cities where you see looting and criminality
  2. Any revisionist or selective history ideas that include topics like CRT or suggesting the history of the US is built on racism, slavery and oppression only 

And then  I dont agree with him when he says 

1. BLM is a violent organisation that adds no value
  2. All members of BLM are the same or similar to Antifa. Antifa is separate to BLM
  3. I also dont think you can compare violent BLM protests to the Capitol attacks on the 6th January, the Capitol violence was and is worse 

John Milton 

46 minutes ago, Gromnir said:

something about this accused mass killer has caught dp's attention. unfortunate, there is typical one or two mass killing events every year in the US, but this one is somehow special for dp. pittsburgh synagogue killer? el paso supermarket shooter? no accusations 'bout how "they" will label the suspect from dp then, yes? ordinarily we wouldn't indulge such speculation, but seeing as how dp is clear doing so, he has kinda opened the door, yes?

so what might be different 'bout darrell e. brooks that, given dp's posting history, might explain a curious fascination and need to indulge in whataboutism even before he gots any info worth sharing?

it's a mystery... or is it? am just asking questions.

we mentioned tucker carlson earlier. gotta love his transparent just asking questions shtick. am wondering if dp is a fan? 

HA! Good Fun!

I do not recall me calling out in their defense or even implying mental disorders and misunderstanding. 

I also do not recall me posting on things related to Boulder shooter as well. 

You have experience in imputing some non-verified characteristics, don't you? 

2 hours ago, Darkpriest said:

I do not recall me calling out in their defense or even implying mental disorders and misunderstanding. 

no, you were noticeable quiet regarding those individuals, which is why we asked what makes this incident different?

as to imputing non-verified characteristics, ordinarily we would assume an attempt at irony, but the obvious lack o' self awareness on your part, given your current efforts, is just too rich.  

so again, since you chose not to answer and instead attempted to deflect, what makes darrel e. brooks different? why does dp choose to make assumptions 'bout motives and regarding how "they" will label? regardless o' the lack o' information regarding mr. brooks, as you already admitted you were silent 'bout previous accused mass killers while now you is posting machinegun style 'bout mr. brooks. you is making assumptions 'bout motives and behaviours w/o information to support conjecture. so again, what is different 'bout mr. brooks given what you actual know as 'posed to guessing? btw, it don't matter what mr. brooks eventual motivations is. at this point we is left to wonder why you fixate 'pon mr. brooks given a previous record o' reticence.

HA! Good Fun!

ps just an aside, complete unrelated to the topic at hand, is noteworthy the boulder shooter were originally identified as a "white male" suspect by numerous media sources. were a few pundits who, after the fact, apologized for their hasty generalizations. regardless, initially, the shooter were described by police and media as caucasian.

Edited by Gromnir

1 hour ago, Amentep said:

perhaps indulging in an unnecessary ego stroke, seeing as how this repeats much o' our earlier observations save for a bit o' unnecessary complication, am gonna wholehearted agree with the assessments and conclusions, though 'course he bothered to delve and we just couldn't bring our self to care. 

HA! Good Fun!

late ps:

while it were noted in the vid how on a macro level the case is interesting as it is yet another statistic which shows how different defendants is treated based on their race, sex and whatnot, am thinking the commentator left out a detail which Gromnir also failed to mention save in the same tangential manner-- money. the rittenhouse defense was robust sourced via crowdfunding. is unlikely anybody regular posting on this board coulda' afforded the rittenhouse defense and defendant money is not one o' those common collected data points. poor people get public defenders, who are actual quite competent in spite o' many tv portrayals. rich people get the best defense money can buy. ordinary folks get the best defense they can afford, which as often as not, is mediocre.

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 3

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

6 hours ago, BruceVC said:
  2. ...or suggesting the history of the US is built on racism, slavery and oppression only 

Hah, we all know the most important reason... tax avoidance 😁

• Haha 1