Well, this answers some questions we've had

As posted in the 'new preview' thread

Revelations:

- Huh. Michael Chu used to work for Blizzard? Whoduthunkit?

- Character doesn't have amnesia; just wakes up confused about the immediate present (i.e. what the hell am I doing here?) Makes sense.

- Seven worlds. Peragus doesn't count. Strong hints that there might be other space stations and such orbiting different planets.

- KOTOR II might be a bit longer than KOTOR. Damn.

- Ending game mechanic may be similiar to Fallout. Crossing my fingers that this means descriptions of what happens to the different worlds in your wake.

- Atton Rand is an 'inverse baromet.' When he offers advice, he's pretty much always wrong. I hope the Obsidian team inserts one BIG moment where he happens to be completely and totally correct, just so we'll immediately do the opposite of what he says.

He also appears to have spent a little too much time in a Twi'lek brothel.

- More than 10 NPCS; it's just you can only have 10 NPCs at one time, as companions will join based on your gender and light side/dark side points. We already pretty much knew this, though.

- The Ebon Hawk will be taking no trips to San Francisco. Can't say I'm disappointed; I've got no problem with homosexuality, but this is Star Wars. It just doesn't seem to fit.

- Possibly no real twist, just a 'fun game' with a 'cool story.' Then again, he could be trying to throw us off. Sneaky bastard.

- Close lipped on how your decisions about Revan change the game. I suspect, then, that it will have some significant effect on the plotline. If it doesn't, then Chris Avellone is a cruel, cruel individual.

- New hilts. Goodie!

- Sounds like we see the return of the multi-hued aliens who all look the same otherwise. I'm neither surprised nor disappointed; it wasn't a big deal to me in the first one, and it isn't here either.

- Evasive on the Bastila question. This time, though, I think it could mean anything. Maybe she'll be in the game, maybe she won't.

- 'The white-haired Chick' remains 'the white-haired Chick' for the time being.

Any thoughts?

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

The evasiveness on the Bastila question, IMO, signifies two possible things:

1)Bastila is alive and is a major focal point for the story.

2)Bastila is dead and we won't see/hear about her in KOTOR2.

Reasons? Well, if she's alive, but isn't really a big focal point, then she'd get a mention, since it wouldn't really spoil any big plot for them just to say "yeah, you bump into her and she gives you a couple of words of wisdom".

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Guest Michael Chu
- Atton Rand is an 'inverse baromet.' When he offers advice, he's pretty much always wrong. I hope the Obsidian team inserts one BIG moment where he happens to be completely and totally correct, just so we'll immediately do the opposite of what he says.

He also appears to have spent a little too much time in a Twi'lek brothel.

If only you could have Atton Rand and Legolas in a party together:

Player: What do you guys think?

Atton: This looks like a good place for camp.

Legolas: I think we should keep moving.

Player (Aragorn): Let's make camp here.

And then the party is ambushed by Uruk-hai Stormtroopers.

Atton Rand may have had an "alien STD?" I don't even want to know what that is........

I hope the Star Wars universe has penicilin.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

So, are we able to visit a world made from Pie? Possibly with Pie statelites revolving around it?

Am I the only one who knows the "white-haired Chick's" name?

Do you mean Kreia? Thats the old gal in robes' name. When they refered to the 'white-haired chick', I think they were referring to the younger one.

Hm...just going out with a hair-brained idea here, but could the 'white-haired chair' be a slightly older Bastila with a dye job?

Have nothing to complain about on what was mentioned above, it's like they're trying to improve KotOR in every possible way. If they manage to pull that through, well that's another question.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

- Seven worlds. Peragus doesn't count. Strong hints that there might be other space stations and such orbiting different planets.

Interview:

Peragus does count as one of the worlds in the game, but as mentioned above, there will be sub-locations that aren

Hm...just going out with a hair-brained idea here, but could the 'white-haired chair' be a slightly older Bastila with a dye job?

You are not the first to suggest that.

Hopefully, it's not true. I don't want Bastila back...

Not unless Bastila changed her name

BTW,

Kreia = old white haired jedi mentor you meet early on, brown robes

"White Haried Chick" = younger white haired chick from the cover art, wears white, assumed to be a jedi

This info really isn't anything new to me....

And should we care ?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

• 4 weeks later...