I've been considering making Fassina a wizard/druid in one of my too many playthroughs. Just for a change of pace, really. But I'm honestly wondering if it's worth doing it for any reason other than the novelty of it. Seems to me like multiclassing two main casting classes just lands you with more spells than you'll be able to cast in any given fight, while losing out on the most impactful ones. Is that about right or am I missing some way to make it sing?

Well, as Sorcereress you can buff up with some stuff, especially Zandethu's Draconic Fury - and then also use healing over time spells and keep them all alive with Wall of Draining (most often for the whole encounter). This is also true for Spiritshift: it will most likely not end. So basically you can use the Wizard side for fast, endless self buffs and then the Druid side for endless healing and then go into melee with your natural weapons. Lots of casting every time, but nearly unkillable if the Wall is placed right - and the buffing etc. can be automated via script.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

1 hour ago, MortyTheGobbo said:

I've been considering making Fassina a wizard/druid in one of my too many playthroughs. Just for a change of pace, really. But I'm honestly wondering if it's worth doing it for any reason other than the novelty of it. Seems to me like multiclassing two main casting classes just lands you with more spells than you'll be able to cast in any given fight, while losing out on the most impactful ones. Is that about right or am I missing some way to make it sing?

combusting wounds + wizard & druid spells that tick for damage = absolutely tons of damage. have fassina self-buff with infuse with vital essence for extra duration to really increase the stack count.

you could do the same with two separate casting classes, but this gives you something to do while waiting for wall of draining to come online :)

that being said, i did a sorcerer and had fun with it. i mostly used tons of buffs and deleterious alacrity of motion plus ring of focused flame so i could get real up close and personal with a bunch of short-range druid and some wizard spells (e.g. venombloom, wicked briars, taste of the hunt, autumn's decay, etc.) and spirit shift (+cat form as needed) or firebrand when i run low on casts.

Edited by thelee
  • Like 1

Its a very nice combo IMO. Her spell school specialization doesn't let her be a focused primary nuker anyway, but she can be your swiss knife for any occasion, that never runs out of spells, either for healing, buffing (don't sleep on Woodskin/Aspect of the Delemgan - they can change many challenging fights - such as boarding actions, but many others also - into cakewalks), CC or persistent DOTs.

That's how I played with her in the party and would do it again. 

Edited by Haplok
  • Like 1

On 11/9/2021 at 2:38 AM, thelee said:

combusting wounds + wizard & druid spells that tick for damage = absolutely tons of damage.

Combusting Wounds + Infestation of Maggots + overlapping Pulsing spells that deal damage AND debuff, and every effect feeding off from one another.

so satisfying - Satisfied Seal | Meme Generator

Edited by Not So Clever Hound
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The Cat Flurry +33% action speed for 10 s (base) is not limited (when active) to the cat form : if you cast this and disable your Cat form, as a conjurer you can extend it.

The effect is not cleared after the end of combat, if you like the strand of favor cheese taste. You cant stack many Cat flurry in same time (I tried :) ).

Edited by Constentin Lévine
  • Like 1