What you've done today - There will be no dawn for Men

Gorth

--Glad you're ok/guy wasn't even crazier or something and it wasn't worse - hope you find/catch the dude, Azdeus.

--hummingbirds: we have a large bush near the patio and some other fence-trees they like and they visit fairly regularly in summer. Sometimes they just sorta hover in the middle of the (empty air) yard staring at our house for what reason I do not know. My mother had potted fuchsia's hanging from the eaves and they loved those. They're fun to watch.

--Been feeling great, keeping busy in my own little ways. Nothing exciting/report worthy, just ... not feeling bored. I think my attention span has gotten better again too. Life feels a little brighter, is all.

• Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

4 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Purchased some bluetooth noise-cancelling headphones a few days back on an impulse when I saw them go for a hundred dollars off. Been playing around with them yesterday and today, and I'm thinking I should've done this a long time ago. 30+ hour battery life with like a 45 minute to full charge isn't all that inconvenient, either.

I have the xm3s for over a year now. They really are phenomenal, the only issue I have with them is that they get uncomfortable after prolonged use, specifically on the headband and my ears get steamed too. Although I think that is just an issue with overear headphones.

Edited by Sarex
  • Like 2

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

3 hours ago, Sarex said:

I have the xm3s for over a year now. They really are phenomenal, the only issue I have with them is that they get uncomfortable after prolonged use, specifically on the headband and my ears get steamed too. Although I think that is just an issue with overear headphones.

Yeah, that's literally my one complaint with them, feels oddly a little uncomfortable coming from my Beyerdynamic DT 770s. Otherwise, besides that, they've been awesome.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Over the past few months two of my chickens have gone to the great barnyard in the sky. Natural causes I presume. I didn’t eat them even though that was kind of why I bought them. So that left me down to four. Duke and his three wives. So to replenish the number I let a clutch of eggs going to hatch. Two weeks ago I had five peeping yellow chicks. This morning is the first time I’ve seen them come out of the house following their mother around. They are extremely cute.

• Like 4

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

7 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

They are extremely cute.

Pics plz.

• Thanks 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

My left shoulder is hurting when I lift it so I'm trying to take it easy today. Made some lemonade and am going to read and watch movies.

7 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

Over the past few months two of my chickens have gone to the great barnyard in the sky. Natural causes I presume. I didn’t eat them even though that was kind of why I bought them. So that left me down to four. Duke and his three wives. So to replenish the number I let a clutch of eggs going to hatch. Two weeks ago I had five peeping yellow chicks. This morning is the first time I’ve seen them come out of the house following their mother around. They are extremely cute.

This is a little disheartening since I just ate some chicken.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

7 minutes ago, KP the meanie zucchini said:

This is a little disheartening since I just ate some chicken.

I'm sure watching more Violet Evergarden will fix that by replacing it with something a little more disheartening. :p

• Gasp! 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

1 minute ago, majestic said:

I'm sure watching more Violet Evergarden will fix that by replacing it with something a little more disheartening. :p

I guess we'll find out. Worf on Risa, fun not allowed.

• Like 1
  • Gasp! 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

8 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

am always a downer, so...

the thing we recall most vivid 'bout chicks is how difficult it is to keep 'em alive if doing so ain't your full-time passion. of course  you got a well designed coup with chicken wire buried to keep predators from digging n' all the other basic stuff, but is kinda impressive how much damage a single snake or weasel can do in a night. daytime is slight better, but birds o' prey is a constant threat. 

funny aside, our grandfather got a fairly good sized disco ball from somewhere and he hung it from a pole in the yard. why? the reflection drove away birds o' prey. am suspecting strips o' heavy duty aluminum foil, perhaps wrapped 'round something more durable, might be a good alternative to the disco ball. string a bunch o' 'em up 'round the enclosure where your chicks roam during the day. no doubt there is hi-tech solutions available nowadays, but the disco ball worked and were more fun.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

The regular enclosure they spend most of their time in is pretty good sized. But I do let them out to range around. But when they’re out and around I’m out there with them. I’ve been in a battle of wits against the coyotes to keep them out for years. Ended up building a roof over the enclosure. Just four removable wood frames with a field wire fence stretched over it. A sufficiently motivated bird of prey could probably get through it as long as they’re medium sized or smaller. But it hasn’t happened yet. But you’re not kidding though the mortality rate of baby chickens is pretty appalling. That’s why none of them get names until they’re at least six months old. There were seven eggs but two of them were duds.

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Bought myself a small power recliner. Randomly saw it in some furniture outlet store. The kind that actually also lifts a fair distance up to help you get out of the thing, too.  But that's not why I bought it. It's tiny, firm/cloth (vs. over-cushy) and fits me super well - it sits low/my feet actually touch the floor and it's not so wide that I feel like two of me could sit side by side in it - making armrests way too far apart for me, like most recliners/couch sections these days where I'm always slouched way over to one side...

It's hard to find furniture that fits and I'm of the age now that if I find something that fits me really well, I'm buying it.  eg, that loveseat recliner is outta here. Hubby has to find something now.  😛

Edited by LadyCrimson

Nope.thumb.jpg.5687cea39976d388d4f8434b8f6cec24.jpgk

635810511556717422-house-edit.jpg?width=

• Gasp! 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

3 minutes ago, Sarex said:

That's my dogs favorite snack, he eats them by the swarm.

Please send him over! 😭

• Haha 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

noooooo.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShadySands said:

Depends, are chupacabras considered natural?

I know for a fact there are none of those around. I live in Tennessee where  taxidermy is considered a legit and highly respectable career choice! If we had those I’d be seeing their mounted heads around

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Haha 1

Thomas Sowell

1 hour ago, Azdeus said:

Nope.thumb.jpg.5687cea39976d388d4f8434b8f6cec24.jpgk

635810511556717422-house-edit.jpg?width=

Seems like an excessive response to a xbox controller.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Azdeus said:

Nope.thumb.jpg.5687cea39976d388d4f8434b8f6cec24.jpg

...it's just a cricket or katydid or something of that sort. I would've caught it and kept it as a pet for a day or two then put it outside.   😛 
That said, despite my general love of insects as a whole, I'm only human:

*in the shower* - "oh, poor little spider got wet and can't struggle up the tiles to get away from the water, I can't take watching it anymore, here let me rescue you."

later ...  "SPIDER CRAWLING ON MY PILLOW! DIIIIE!"

I'm mildly annoyed that the "k" ended up on the side of the first picture instead of between them >_<

Just now, Azdeus said:

I'm mildly annoyed that the "k" ended up on the side of the first picture instead of between them >_<

Did I miss something?  🤔

2 minutes ago, LadyCrimson said:

...it's just a cricket or katydid or something of that sort. I would've caught it and kept it as a pet for a day or two then put it outside.   😛 
That said, despite my general love of insects as a whole, I'm only human:

*in the shower* - "oh, poor little spider got wet and can't struggle up the tiles to get away from the water, I can't take watching it anymore, here let me rescue you."

later ...  "SPIDER CRAWLING ON MY PILLOW! DIIIIE!"

Haha, yeah, it's a katydid, I honestly saved him for later because he's going to be used to prank my uncle that is literally terrified of them. I'm trying to decide if I'm to put him in his mailbox in a little plastic bag, or if I'm going to recruit my aunt to play him a massive prank 😁

1 minute ago, LadyCrimson said:

Did I miss something?  🤔

More that I missed something, If you look to the right of the first picture in my op, there's a "k" there that was supposed to be between the pictures. People were faster in reacting to it than me editing 😛

27 minutes ago, Azdeus said:

More that I missed something, If you look to the right of the first picture in my op, there's a "k" there that was supposed to be between the pictures. People were faster in reacting to it than me editing 😛

Gotcha. Yeah, when they redid the forums that time all kinds of small annoyances re auto-formatting since.  😄

Re: uncle: I vote for massive prank with the aunt.  Sounds more fun.  :devil:

• Haha 1