Random Video gamE newS

9 minutes ago, Wormerine said:

IMO DS1 is the most special out of those three so you definitely should. DS1 is one of those games everyone should give a go, I think. Even if it won’t be your cup of tea, it’s one of a kind experience. 

Personally I didn’t find DS1 as punishing as it’s reputation would suggest. I mean you will die, but I never found it frustrating, tedious or discouraging (as DS2 felt). Once you get a hang of the game, feel free to google or ask around - there some some important mechanics, that IMO don’t get explained properly.

EDIT. If stuck, summons (be it NPC of friendly players) is DS version of easy mode. To my great shame I did “skip” one tough boss fight through an assist of a more competent player. Need to go back to DS1 and do it all proper. 

Thanks for the advice , keep giving me tips as you remember them. I have no idea why I decided to start installing DS but I really think I will start playing tomorrow . We have a public holiday tomorrow so its a good day to start my journey

But I need to tell you something so if I am delayed at playing DS you will know the reason. I am still busy with Kingdoms of Amalur and I am about 27 hours in. I have a  very strict gaming policy that basically says  " I cant just start playing a game if I am still busy with another game " 

I am enjoying Amalur but its not deeping compelling but it is fun. I am finding the combat so easy....its fun killing everything but I dont feel challenged.

So I am thinking its okay if I want to stop tomorrow, I feel I dont need to finish it because you can argue I have spent 30 hours playing it and thats fine right ?

• Haha 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

5 hours ago, BruceVC said:

So I am thinking its okay if I want to stop tomorrow, I feel I dont need to finish it because you can argue I have spent 30 hours playing it and thats fine right ?

Haha! It all depends from you. I generally like to have 2 or 3 games overlapping at times - so I can pick what I feel like playing on that day. I would feel bad about ditching KoA. Personally, I let it be after finishing first zone. I remember liking it alright, but did't feel compelled to play more of it, or return to it. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Wormerine said:

Haha! It all depends from you. I generally like to have 2 or 3 games overlapping at times - so I can pick what I feel like playing on that day. I would feel bad about ditching KoA. Personally, I let it be after finishing first zone. I remember liking it alright, but did't feel compelled to play more of it, or return to it. 

Okay so you also didnt finish it and you right about the overall experience . The best way to describe it is its like bubblegum, its fun and funky but I feel I can stop playing  it and not feel like I let anyone down. I will make a decision tomorrow 

When you say 2-3 games do you play the  same genre and what would you typically play ? I do have a online game, RDR2 , which I logon and play 4-5 week. I still really enjoy its and its nice to play an MMO or online game outside my primary game 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, BruceVC said:

When you say 2-3 games do you play the  same genre and what would you typically play ? I do have a online game, RDR2 , which I logon and play 4-5 week. I still really enjoy its and its nice to play an MMO or online game outside my primary game 

MIBSLaw.jpg

Different genres - my 3 "active" main games at the moment are:

Wasteland3, Dark Souls3, Ori and the Will of the Wisps.

Have some other stuff, like Early Access games (Baldur's Gate3, Hardspace) that I check out after major updates, or games I return to for a game or two every once in a while (FrostPunk, Civilization, Spelunky2, Hitman) but don't really "beat", and some "leftovers" that I didn't quite give up on, but can't be bothered to play right now, and Prey which I beat, but want to take a break before playing the DLC. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Wormerine said:

MIBSLaw.jpg

Different genres - my 3 "active" main games at the moment are:

Wasteland3, Dark Souls3, Ori and the Will of the Wisps.

Have some other stuff, like Early Access games (Baldur's Gate3, Hardspace) that I check out after major updates, or games I return to for a game or two every once in a while (FrostPunk, Civilization, Spelunky2, Hitman) but don't really "beat", and some "leftovers" that I didn't quite give up on, but can't be bothered to play right now, and Prey which I beat, but want to take a break before playing the DLC. 

I must say you have an interesting gaming strategy but its works for you and  I find its easy to sometimes take a 24 hour break from a game and then I come back but I generally always finish the game. Also I tend to  RP most games which means I immersive myself in the game. And I use to be a DM for about 12 years in the AD&D Forgotten Realms and I was very fortunate  because I realized  I have this huge imagination and I use to be able  create games for  the party without needing  much maps, detailed events and just the main monsters written  down. But for  everything else I did from my memory and imagination. Which means when I play PC games and I RP I can really have fun and get into the narrative .....so I prefer keeping to one  main game at a time :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

John Milton 

I ... think I want this game.

My main issue, as always these days, is will I actually get around to learning/playing, haha. They have a demo, might check it out later today.  Supposedly full release tomorrow, supposedly will be around twenty bucks. Very much influenced by Banished, but appears a bit more detailed, a huge "research" tree or something, some map goals etc.  No random gen. maps, they will be initially hand made with specific conditions/goals or some such, mods might change that, who knows. 

• Thanks 3
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Firefox figures that video was dangerous, hah.  But that looks interesting, will give that a go.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

2 hours ago, Malcador said:

Firefox figures that video was dangerous, hah.  But that looks interesting, will give that a go.

Tried the demo for about an hour. Based on a forum post it may have some time-played limitation re: resource generation (so you can't play the test map forever in one go/save). Anyway, it seems pretty cool. The research tree is massive, you can research one item at a time and it has short branches to make you choose what you want to do first re: resources required to research it. Can't build farms right away, for example, you need to research upgrade to Town Hall for that and it'll take a short while.  Not sure how you get new immigrants if any, vs children being born/turning into adults.

Anyway, seems worth $20 to check out full version.  Even has a photo mode of sorts, which will clip through ground/things.  Not that it's really a game for taking major shots of, lol. But at least you could get better angles or maybe distance for town design shots.

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

11 minutes ago, Sarex said:

It looks like that game, made by that one guy, that we talked about that one time...

Looks nothing like Daikatana

• Haha 3

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

28 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Looks nothing like Daikatana

Been racking my brain trying to remember the name of the game...It will come to me...

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

6 minutes ago, Sarex said:

Been racking my brain trying to remember the name of the game...It will come to me...

Banished ?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sarex said:

That's it! This looks like Banished with more progression.

6 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

Very much influenced by Banished, but appears a bit more detailed,

coh-stare1.png    💋

• Haha 6

Sorry LC, didn't notice!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hurlsnot said:

That game kind of looks like Banished. I'm surprised no one here notice. 

Not sure if you're serious 😛

• Haha 1

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/xbox-details-their-gamescom-stream-times-and-plans

24th of August - another Microsoft showcase, another hope to see some Avowed footage. 

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/humankind-is-coming-to-game-pass-at-launch

Humankind coming to Game Pass on launch. That's great. One of these game I want to play before owning it. Perfect way of doing it. 

Edited by Wormerine

On 8/9/2021 at 2:31 PM, LadyCrimson said:

Tried the demo for about an hour. Based on a forum post it may have some time-played limitation re: resource generation (so you can't play the test map forever in one go/save). Anyway, it seems pretty cool. The research tree is massive, you can research one item at a time and it has short branches to make you choose what you want to do first re: resources required to research it. Can't build farms right away, for example, you need to research upgrade to Town Hall for that and it'll take a short while.  Not sure how you get new immigrants if any, vs children being born/turning into adults.

Anyway, seems worth $20 to check out full version.  Even has a photo mode of sorts, which will clip through ground/things.  Not that it's really a game for taking major shots of, lol. But at least you could get better angles or maybe distance for town design shots.

Will buy this based off of your recommendation.  Shame they ripped off the UI from Banished

Edited by Malcador

9 hours ago, Keyrock said:

Free demo of Tales of Arise coming in a week:

Sadly, seems there's no PC demo.  :ermm:

I'll wait few more weeks then. I preordered the Hootle Edition 😄

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours