Jump to content

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, Chagdoo said:

So, I've managed to glitch out my game playing around with this. Short version, stealing spells from your own party outside of battle permanently gives the victim a hostile effect named after whichever grimoire imprint you used. 

After you complete a battle with the victim in your party, the game crashes while trying to remove the effect. I've tried manually removing it via console commands and that forces a crash. Kicking the victim from the party and adding them back (via console) also doesnt help. 

 

Anybody got any ideas? Is there a way to make a new version of the character? Or perhaps revive her after Perma killing her? In this case it's fassina (who for some reason In the games code is named fEssina) 

Did you try respec? In case that's even possible with companions.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Chagdoo said:

So, I've managed to glitch out my game playing around with this. Short version, stealing spells from your own party outside of battle permanently gives the victim a hostile effect named after whichever grimoire imprint you used. 

After you complete a battle with the victim in your party, the game crashes while trying to remove the effect. I've tried manually removing it via console commands and that forces a crash. Kicking the victim from the party and adding them back (via console) also doesnt help. 

 

Anybody got any ideas? Is there a way to make a new version of the character? Or perhaps revive her after Perma killing her? In this case it's fassina (who for some reason In the games code is named fEssina) 

This being the case, it might be a good idea to do this only with custom hirelings, who you can remove from the party permanently  after stealing the spells you want.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, dgray62 said:

This being the case, it might be a good idea to do this only with custom hirelings, who you can remove from the party permanently  after stealing the spells you want.

would it still cause a crash if they end up being pulled into a ship boarding fight randomly?

 

or do you mean permakilling them?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, thelee said:

would it still cause a crash if they end up being pulled into a ship boarding fight randomly?

 

or do you mean permakilling them?

Best to kill them. I'm still trying to remove the effect, and it doesn't matter if fassina is in my party or not when I try. I even killed her and tried to remove it. 

So I'm strongly inclined to believe even a ship battle will crash your game if an infected hireling tales part. Best to kill them when you're done. 

 

Oh and when you do kill them don't gib their body with disintegration. That's also giving me crashes.

Edited by Chagdoo
  • Gasp! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, thelee said:

would it still cause a crash if they end up being pulled into a ship boarding fight randomly?

Hopefully not, since they're technically not in your party at that point. Sounds like that's worth a try.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Chagdoo said:

fEssina

In French this is borderline indecent 🤣 now I can't erase it from my mind! It's like calling a Bettina a Buttina.

The glitch you experience sucks - my only advice would be to steal every spell in the Deadifre to become a powergod that just runs solo and makes every enemy pay dearly for this glitch.

EDIT: @Elric Galad any thoughts on Fessina :) :) ?

Edited by Not So Clever Hound
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Not So Clever Hound said:

In French this is borderline indecent 🤣 now I can't erase it from my mind! It's like calling a Bettina a Buttina.

The glitch you experience sucks - my only advice would be to steal every spell in the Deadifre to become a powergod that just runs solo and makes every enemy pay dearly for this glitch.

EDIT: @Elric Galad any thoughts on Fessina :) :) ?

Still sounds better than Fiona in French

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

I was playing around with this grimoire imprint trick, and managed to steal spells permanently from slaver wizards. However, while fighting lagufeth (spelling?), I repeatedly landed minor grimoire imprint against lagufeth mages, but never actually stole a single spell from them despite multiple attempts. Are there certain classes of spell users from whom spells cannot be stolen?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lagufaeth Mages are not "real" wizards, priests or druids. I guess they just have some copied wizard abilities but are not actually of the wizard class. 

The Imprint spells only work on proper wizards, druids or priests. Unfortunately it's not always easy to determine who is what. 

I also guess enemies like Rathûn Flamecallers won't work. Xaurip Priests do. 

  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/9/2021 at 8:54 PM, Not So Clever Hound said:

In French this is borderline indecent 🤣 now I can't erase it from my mind! It's like calling a Bettina a Buttina.

The glitch you experience sucks - my only advice would be to steal every spell in the Deadifre to become a powergod that just runs solo and makes every enemy pay dearly for this glitch.

EDIT: @Elric Galad any thoughts on Fessina :) :) ?

Fun story : in the Gamedata files, she is actually called Fessina.

Maybe it was the initial intended name.

Maybe some correction occured after the translation.

But from now on, we might call her this way.

{
            "$type""Game.GameData.CharacterStatsGameData, Assembly-CSharp",
            "DebugName""Companion_Fessina",
            "ID""7828ab9f-eaa9-4ccc-9623-f6fc56b72b70",
            "Components": [
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

So... I'm not necessarily trying to resurrect this (retrospectively very funny) thread.

But, I wanted to say that I've just spent more time than I would want to admit playing with a SC Blood Mage with infinite casts of Skaen Priest's Shadowing Beyond and infinite Concelhaut's Crushing Doom.

Zapping around the battlefield under near-constant invisibility to make every enemy being permacrushed by giant flying hammers is a very satisfying way to end an otherwise annoying workday.

I'm about to drop the "hammer" and dispense some Indiscriminate justice! -  Dr Evil meme | Meme Generator

Infinite Shadowing Beyond is arguably a contender for strongest single spell that you can get with this trick, maybe before SoT/BDD... because it casts instantly without recovery - with a toon that already has low (or no) Recovery, it is close to permanent invisibility. I also have infinite Brilliant Departure for good measure.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, wizards with the grimoire imprint trick are beyond OP. You can also steal Escape from the Skaen priests in Fort Deadlight as soon as you hit level 7, which gives you the mobility, without the invisibility, plus a brief but major DEF boost.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...