Jump to content

Recommended Posts

So you guys think we’ll see or hear anything about Avowed at E3?

I personally think the game is still years away and E3 2023 or 2024 is more likely but what do you think? I hope it’s sooner and am really looking forward to what obsidian will do with open world RPGs and a proper budget and development time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Wormerine said:

Does anyone plans to be on E3 at this point? 

Do you mean in person? E3 is digital this year due to COVID. Publisher wise there are quite a few, even Nintendo is attending again and more importantly Microsoft, so there is at least a chance we see something from avowed there, seeing grounded is a given I think.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Chinz said:

Do you mean in person? E3 is digital this year due to COVID. Publisher wise there are quite a few, even Nintendo is attending again and more importantly Microsoft, so there is at least a chance we see something from avowed there, seeing grounded is a given I think.

I hope they make it free for viewing 😧

I usually have to watch coverage or live streams of BlizzCon, and I hope e3 doesn't charge for viewership to supplement the lack of physical audience/booths.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

The two things I'd love to see in Xbox conference are Eric Fenstermaker stepping in and announcing he is the director and lead narrative designer for this game, and an in-engine trailer. But a man can only dream...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2021 at 11:18 PM, Chinz said:

Do you mean in person? 

Nay, just all I have been hearing was companies abandoning E3, and doing their own thing. Just check and Microsoft indeed does still plan to have a showcase. E3 or no E3 I am always up for news about avowed.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

E3 is still a thing?

But hopefully we'll get some news on Avowed and Elden Ring, in any case.  If not, then it's losing it's artificial prestige even faster.

"America would be unrecognizable if it had ordered the separation of corporation and state like it orders separation of church and state."

Link to post
Share on other sites

I doubt we get anything on avowed.  I'm fine with them not showing gameplay until they are farther on.  It's always misleading.  If it was soon to be released I'd prefer gameplay... but I doubt that's the case so I'd rather some sort of plot reveal.   Probably won't get either

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2021 at 7:42 PM, ComradeYellow said:

E3 is still a thing?

But hopefully we'll get some news on Avowed and Elden Ring, in any case.  If not, then it's losing it's artificial prestige even faster.

yeah quite a few companies will be there actually, here are those we know of this far:

Video game industry showcase returns virtually in 2021 with confirmed partners Nintendo, Xbox, Capcom, Konami, Ubisoft, Take-Two Interactive, Warner Bros. Games and Koch Media to participate

On 5/22/2021 at 4:41 PM, grindl said:

I hope they make it free for viewing 😧

I usually have to watch coverage or live streams of BlizzCon, and I hope e3 doesn't charge for viewership to supplement the lack of physical audience/booths.  

It's free for viewing as far as I know, june 12-15th 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sponger, apparently  an InXile and Obsidian insider as of other users on resetera said that Avowed will be shown at E3, here's a quote from him

 

I need to say that I'm a little bit confused with Jeff's statement that Avowed will not be ready for E3 as the info that I have is that "we'll have a trailer for our big game at E3" and "Avowed will be shown this year" and "game is in great shape, almost fully on schedule". ... From the conversation I was convinced that it would be a gameplay trailer for E3

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I for one hope there *is* a gameplay trailer at E3/soon.  Doesn't have to be long or extensive or a release date etc, just a little more concept than what we currently have, which is basically nothing. But if there isn't anything, that's all right, I'll live.  :shifty:

I also hope the inclusion of a robust creation-toolset kit ends up existing/being true because that could add 300% more interest in the game, for me.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/25/2021 at 4:04 AM, Theonlygarby said:

I doubt we get anything on avowed.  I'm fine with them not showing gameplay until they are farther on.  It's always misleading.  If it was soon to be released I'd prefer gameplay... but I doubt that's the case so I'd rather some sort of plot reveal.   Probably won't get either

I only want to see gameplay. Need to be able to complain give feedback ASAP.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jozape said:

I only want to see gameplay. Need to be able to complain give feedback ASAP.

I'm fine with gameplay if it's what we will actually see when it comes out.i just think it's too early for accurate game play

Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like Xbox is going to have a major presence at E3. According to rumors Obsidian will show something from not only Avowed (which apparently is in very good shape production-wise) but also another unannounced game (with speculation being on whether this will be TOW2 or something else).

And Bethesda is rumored to be ready to show Starfield.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kanisatha said:

Seems like Xbox is going to have a major presence at E3. According to rumors Obsidian will show something from not only Avowed (which apparently is in very good shape production-wise) but also another unannounced game (with speculation being on whether this will be TOW2 or something else).

And Bethesda is rumored to be ready to show Starfield.

Maybe Sawyers game?  I'm really curious what he's working on. Non combat, with a small team... maybe similar to Disco Elysium

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be the pessimist and share this...

https://gamerant.com/avowed-e3-2021-might-not-show/

The only good news taken from that article is that Elden Ring might show at the Summer Game Fest (Not E3) so my previous post...

On 5/23/2021 at 1:42 PM, ComradeYellow said:

E3 is still a thing?

But hopefully we'll get some news on Avowed and Elden Ring, in any case.  If not, then it's losing it's artificial prestige even faster.

...appears to be on the mark. :)

"America would be unrecognizable if it had ordered the separation of corporation and state like it orders separation of church and state."

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2021 at 11:10 PM, Draxicus said:

The two things I'd love to see in Xbox conference are Eric Fenstermaker stepping in and announcing he is the director and lead narrative designer for this game, and an in-engine trailer. But a man can only dream...

Kate Dollarhyde is the Lead Narrative Designers currently on Avowed. Lucien Soulban had that role earlier, but he left to Torque Games.

Hate the living, love the dead.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Aww man, Jorge left? He was there over 10 years, if I recall right. One of my favorites at the studio. A big loss for Avowed. Wish him all the best, and hope Obsidian can hire a worthy replacement.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ordo! said:

Yep but after eleven years of work I can imagine why he want to move to another place. Oh and Justin Bell also left.

Honestly, some talent refreshing may be a very good thing for Obsidian, much as I've also said about Bioware. So long as the very top people, at the level of project director and above, stick around, we're good.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, kanisatha said:

Honestly, some talent refreshing may be a very good thing for Obsidian, much as I've also said about Bioware. So long as the very top people, at the level of project director and above, stick around, we're good.

Since two years they seems to hire a lot, yes. But for example Jorge Salgado was a lead narrative designer so i hope it doesn't indicate a bad development for Avowed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Ordo! said:

Since two years they seems to hire a lot, yes. But for example Jorge Salgado was a lead narrative designer so i hope it doesn't indicate a bad development for Avowed.

This was also my concern.  Kinda raises a yellow flag when someone high up quits mid development.  Same things happened at CDPR and look how that turned out.

  • Thanks 1

"America would be unrecognizable if it had ordered the separation of corporation and state like it orders separation of church and state."

Link to post
Share on other sites

Jorge Salgado is an Area Designer, not a Narrative Designer. 

Lucien Soulban was the Narrative Designer who left (he was at Obsidian for a very short time only - maybe he missed Canada too much, no idea). Kate Dollarhyde is a nice replacement. 

What made me frown more is that Justin Bell left. On Twitter it sounded all nice and fair and as if no feelings were hurt and so on. But it's a big loss imo. 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...