Hutt HInts

Eventhough we have been told there won't be a twist in the game, i still feel that there will be. I think they have told us that so we will be caught off-guard again when it happens.

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

^ Bam. I've been thinking this since day 1.

Isn't it obvious? Do you really think Obsidian

would say "watch for a big twist on the third

planet right after Jo Lee burps loudly for ten solid

seconds"? I seriously doubt this would help

sell the game. <_<

No, give them a false sense of security, and the twist

will have twice the impact it would otherwise. :huh:

Good Call, DST. B)

^ Bam. I've been thinking this since day 1.

Isn't it obvious? Do you really think Obsidian

would say "watch for a big twist on the third

planet right after Jo Lee burps loudly for ten solid

seconds"? I seriously doubt this would help

sell the game.  <_<

No, give them a false sense of security, and the twist

will have twice the impact it would otherwise.  :huh: 

Good Call, DST.  B)

It better not be:

Atris turning on you.(Bastilla turning in the first place was cheap, I hope Obs doesn't pull the same thing in Kotor II.)

You're actually some former big evil bad guy who lost your memory. It's all played out.

• 2 months later...

For once, I'm with Hades on this one. I saw the twist coming miles ahead. The hint you got on Kashyyyk just before the Star Map was the one that convinced me. There were too many hints, and most of them weren't subtle enough.

On the other hand, I did know there was a big twist coming. I just didn't know what it would be about.

"I noticed all the hints and such over use of foreshadow that is in KotOR is prime example of amateur writing and design."

No. Sure, the hints were there. But, that doesn't mean it was 'amaeture writing and esign'. After one reads your professional game reviews; one learns not to take your opinions on shoddy writing toos eriously (much like my poor typing skills!). Amaeture design would be if these hints were so outthere they didn't fit or they were accidental which is seriously doubt.

I can't judge how good they were of giving it away though sicne I was spoiled on the net pre relase as were you most likely Mr. One. You didn't figure it out because youa re some Uber Genius; you figured it out because you read some spoiler post months before the PC release; but nice try.

"For once, I'm with Hades on this one. I saw the twist coming miles ahead. The hint you got on Kashyyyk just before the Star Map was the one that convinced me. There were too many hints, and most of them weren't subtle enough."

From your description, the hints were done well. Kashyyk was what planet for you? 3rd or 4th? seems fair enough to me.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Im not Columbo by any means, but I had it figured out when there was that flashback with Malak and Revan going to the Star Map. When only Malak spoke and Revans face was covered I said to myself "Why cover his face? There is always a reason if a main character's face is shrouded."

Same thing with that movie Saw. If you've seen it, you know what I'm talking about. That and the squeaky voice of you-know-who sounds nothing like the dude in the secret garage.

WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE.

I comfortably ignored all the signs so I could be suprised .. gotta love the strange way the mind works!

Same here

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

"For once, I'm with Hades on this one. I saw the twist coming miles ahead. The hint you got on Kashyyyk just before the Star Map was the one that convinced me. There were too many hints, and most of them weren't subtle enough."

From your description, the hints were done well. Kashyyk was what planet for you? 3rd or 4th? seems fair enough to me.

How can you possibly get the impression from my description that the hints were done well? I wasn't shocked in the least when my true identity was revealed. Revan was being talked about everywhere, even in the loading screens. It was to be expected he'd show up sooner or later. And there was something up with your past as well. Add both these given together, and you know the big surprise before you even reach that point in the game.

And I did Kashyyyk second in my first game, after Manaan (then Tatooine, and Korriban last). That machine telling me it recognized me was the give away that confirmed the suspicions I had all along.

When only Malak spoke and Revans face was covered I said to myself "Why cover his face?  There is always a reason if a main character's face is shrouded."

Bingo. That was another factor that strengthened my suspicions.

I was expecting that i was going to see Revan's face and that i was giong to be betrayed or something similar.But to see my face no.

When it happened i was first 5 seconds shocked, but after i started to laugh from plesure because i was DS . What better thing could ever happened for DS character?

"And I did Kashyyyk second in my first game"

Really? How you managed that? isn't one force to do Taris, and Datooine first and second respectively? If this is so and I am remmeber correctly; how cna oen take your statements seriously when you are making things up?

"And I did Kashyyyk second in my first game"

Really? How you managed that? isn't one force to do Taris, and Datooine first and second respectively? If this is so and I am remmeber correctly; how cna oen take your statements seriously when you are making things up?

:)

And I did Kashyyyk second in my first game, after Manaan (then Tatooine, and Korriban last).

That's pretty obvious now, is it?

EDIT: I see Volourn has no more comments. :)

I comfortably ignored all the signs so I could be suprised .. gotta love the strange way the mind works!

Same here

Me too. I could have figured it out, but I kept my mind clear because I didn't want to know what was coming. Incidentally, I was shocked by the revelation, lol. I'll do the same thing this time as well. :)

Welcome to the Pink side of the Force

Revenge is a dish best served in a warm, pink tupperware dish!

Grrrr to Atris! Snooty, stuck-up little....

Pink Side Master to Darth Gandalf, Trooper, Ronil Organ, Bokishi, Mr_Dashman, Stargate: 2000, mista_me, DarthDoGooder, GarethCarrots, Ludozee, and Obi-Wan Kenobi

Same here

Me too. I could have figured it out, but I kept my mind clear because I didn't want to know what was coming. Incidentally, I was shocked by the revelation, lol. I'll do the same thing this time as well. :)

ya, I just went though the game not trying to figure it just wait untill it came to me.

ya, I just went though the game not trying to figure it just wait untill it came to me.

It is impossible for me to play games, or even read books, that way.

I always have to figure everything out in advance, just so I can say "I knew it!"...

that would ruin it for me and I enjoy whatching movies and playing games not trying to figure them out.

and in a book if I want to know I just read all fast and all day but only done that once.

"Which means if you don't count Taris and Dantooine it is the second planet"

So, he was basically half way done the game espicially sicne Taris is eaisly the longest lasting planet and it *was* the 4th planet as its silly to ignoe the first two planets other in some lame point.

Bottom line is it took you 4 planets to "figure out" the so called easy secret. Not exactly easy then was it?

R00fles!

I was expecting that i was going to see Revan's face and that i was giong to be betrayed or something similar.But to see my face no.

When it happened i was first 5 seconds shocked, but after i started to laugh from plesure because i was DS . What better thing could ever happened for DS character?

Same here. I got the game when it first came out, though, so I wasn't even expecting a twist.