Anime: Emotions on a Rollercoaster

Amentep

52 minutes ago, Lexx said:

I'm still trying hard to find JoJo’s Diamond is Unbreakable dubbed in english. It's out since 2016 but seems to be impossible to find. Same with JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind, which is out since 2019. Drives me mad.

They're on Hulu and Crunchyroll. (Which was free for me) . Tho I don't know about international access so you may need a vpn.

Edit: Nevermind, those are subbed. You can find Golden Wind dubbed on Hulu but episode access is sporadic. Cartoon Network strikes again.

Oh, and more Sailor Moon. Episodes 155 and 156 I think, which means one or two more until Pedosus goes mask off.

Super S is much more cartoonish than previous seasons, put on full display here.

Chibi-Usa training for the vault by jumping over Usagi was funny, but then her jumping on to a pillow with a picture of Mamoru and......doing whatever was very weird. And of ****ing course, here is Pedosus looking at a young girl while she is possible masturbating.

I couldn't give a **** about Chibi-Usa's friends. Lmao. But the Amazon girl with scorpion hair tricking him into jumping was funny.

I liked the artist one, not just because of the gag that no one believed their portraits were them or Chibi-Usa admitting she admired Usagi most, but because we finally got to see what an ugly dream looked like. I wish S would have done this with an impure heart, but it was nice to finally see it happen.

Hopefully I don't quit after the next couple of episodes, we shall see.

Edited by ArtistFormerlyKnownasKP
  • Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

@Lexx Legitimately or illegitimately? Legitimately, adult Swim appears to be the source for the English dubs of Golden Wind and Diamond Is Unbreakable, and in the U.S. at least, they require a cable subscription in order to stream the episodes (or so their website claims). Unsure about other countries.

@ArtistFormerlyKnownasKP Chibi-Usa's friends are straight garbage, but that episode where Jun taught him how to vault was pretty funny (if a little strange). If nothing else, the Amazoness Quartet has a lot more redeemable qualities than the Amazon Trio, both in and out of universe.

• Hmmm 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

14 minutes ago, Lexx said:

Yeah, cable subscription is an issue, especially because I'm not even in the US. :p

Yeah, and I just checked, they don't seem to do any regional differences - even if I'm VPN-ing from Germany, they still only offer the U.S. version of the site and require what looks like U.S. cable providers. So...big nope to that. My suggestion? Find a VPN you can buy just a month of for like $5 and go find an illegitimate source, :p.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Gasp! 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

5 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Find a VPN you can buy just a month of for like $5 and go find an illegitimate source, :p.

• Like 1
  • Gasp! 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

24 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

If nothing else, the Amazoness Quartet has a lot more redeemable qualities than the Amazon Trio, both in and out of universe.

Given how bad the predator rape gang was, that's selling the Amazon Quartet short tbh. They're actually fun, like the Witches 5 but they work together.

6 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Find a VPN you can buy just a month of for like $5 and go find an illegitimate source, :p.

naughty barti! surely you don't want to recommend to Lexx to go their ?

• Like 3

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Oh no, I actually like them a bit too. My internal comparison was the Spectre Sisters, but funner and nicer to each other.

2 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Don't worry - it's not movies, it's just anime. What are they going to do, send catgirls to kill you?

- Man ripped to shreds by catgirls

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Don't worry - it's not movies, it's just anime. What are they going to do, send catgirls to kill you?

Worse.

One!

Two!

Three!

• Gasp! 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, ArtistFormerlyKnownasKP said:

Worse.

One!

Two!

Three!

• Gasp! 2

Episode 157

Pedosus gives more red flags than a parade put on by the PRC. He refuses to tell Chibi-Usa anything about himself and just disappears when she presses him, because I guess letting the girl you're grooming know anything is dangerous. Of course this being Super S, Chibi-Usa ends up begging Pedosus to come protect everyone's dreams happens near the end of the episode. Pedosus once again showing he is a creep, this time with some manipulation going on, and the show is telling us that is actually good.

The bike thing was dumb, and the monster was a funny bit but forgettable.

• Like 3

@ArtistFormerlyKnownasKP@BartimaeusDon't give up! I just watched one of the best episodes in the entire series. The next season will be better.

A few more episodes (177-179).

177 was not bad, but the two that followed were much better.

Spoiler

This was a very satisfying episode. The cats finally met with Iron Mouse. Or at least Luna, who was dressed up for the occasion.* And there was even another cat, who got angry as soon as he saw Iron Mouse. Luna did well attacking her, but there was only so much she could do.

*She did meet Iron Mouse in the first episode, but nothing interesting happened between them.

Luna.png

Usagi hit her in the back of her head when she tried to escape and then proceeded to make her speech completely ignoring what Iron Mouse was saying.🤣 So Iron Mouse decided that was better to just leave. The actress then became a Sailor Zombie and called all the girls fat.:shrugz:

Spoiler

Makoto went to a tv show with Taiki. But Usagi literally stole the show. Omg, what a mess!:lol:

Definitely one of the funniest episodes of the entire series. She even fell for the enemy’s trick when he targeted her weakness and offered her a cake.:facepalm:

Iron Mouse is getting really good at mocking Usagi’s speeches and then running away before anyone can stop her. It suits her name since mice are hard to catch and just go into any hole they can find. Or, in this case, a Tardis-like device. However, her boss is losing patience quick and there are already two substitutes ready.

The chef became Sailor Chef. What happens if they target a sailor? Will he turn into Sailor Sailor? If one of the villains take the star seed from everyone in the world, the whole planet becomes Sailors?

Haruka and Michiru are very kind now, worried about Usagi. I wonder if they will return to their aggressive days when they meet the Starlights.

@majestic

I forgot to answer your question about the BDSM gear. First of all, I’m glad it was not the theme for the creeps last season.

Spoiler

I don’t know how the three Starlights self-identify or what is each one’s sexuality, but it could get really messy if they started talking about how they look like and how sexy their uniforms are.

Edited by InsaneCommander
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

sign.jpg

I haven't given up! I'm just scared since apparently the last 6 episodes are all main story episodes and that seems like more than should be allowed under the Geneva Conventions of War given the increasing appearances of Pegasus. The Fourth Geneva Convention, Part III, Article 32, Providing Excellent Guard Against Suspicious Ungulate Species, also known as the Pegasus Protocol, explicitly states that the involved parties...

[...] specifically agree that each of them is prohibited from taking any measure of such a character as to cause the physical suffering or extermination of [innocents] by way of subjection to unreasonably frequent appearances of strange, unpleasant, and/or otherwise undesirable ungulate species. This prohibition applies not only to extant odd-toed ungulates (horses, donkeys, zebras, rhinos, and tapirs) and even-toed ungulates (cattle, pigs, giraffes, camels, sheep, deer, and hippopotamuses), but also to fictional ungulate species (minotaurs, centaurs, unicorns, alicorns, and pegasi, et al.).

Japan signed the Geneva Conventions of War after 1953, so I'm not really sure how they got away with this one. Unfortunately, this article does leave a loophole where we can be violently subjected to extinct ungulates, so one does need to watch out for species such as steppe bison and the megaloceros, but fictional species are quite clearly covered by the Conventions.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ArtistFormerlyKnownasKP said:

Episode 157

Reveal hidden contents

Pedosus gives more red flags than a parade put on by the PRC. He refuses to tell Chibi-Usa anything about himself and just disappears when she presses him, because I guess letting the girl you're grooming know anything is dangerous. Of course this being Super S, Chibi-Usa ends up begging Pedosus to come protect everyone's dreams happens near the end of the episode. Pedosus once again showing he is a creep, this time with some manipulation going on, and the show is telling us that is actually good.

The bike thing was dumb, and the monster was a funny bit but forgettable.

Nothing like a proper guilt trip, huh?

For fun guys, there's a video on YouTube that has every Chibi-Usa and Pegasus conversation through the Palantír with the new Viz dub (called Every Night Chibiusa Talks to Pedosus Pegasus in Sailor Moon SuperS (Viz Dub)). Not only does Pegasus get a really, perfectly creepy voice in that dub that screams sex offender... he apparently actually is one - or at least really abusive.

Just... I mean, don't watch it, just go look at the comments.

They're all so wrong.

Oh, wait, screw that, I'll give you some quotes and a direct link.

They had such an amazing chemistry. You can tell Chibi Usa really cared for him too. She would think about him every second of the day

The moments between pegasus and chibiusa is always adorable and sweet. They're so cute together. 😊💓👍

Awwwwwww Chibiusa(Rini) & Helio(Pegasus) I ship it 💖💗 they're so adorable

Aw...Those two were made for each other.

I really loved this season 😭

What IS wrong with people?

• Gasp! 2

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

17 minutes ago, majestic said:

For fun guys, there's a video on YouTube that has every Chibi-Usa and Pegasus conversation through the Palantír with the new Viz dub (called Every Night Chibiusa Talks to Pedosus Pegasus in Sailor Moon SuperS (Viz Dub)). Not only does Pegasus get a really, perfectly creepy voice in that dub that screams sex offender... he apparently actually is one - or at least really abusive.

They're all so wrong.

• Like 1

Dang it, I was literally going to repost the Usagi Oh My God video I just made earlier after reading that. Also, I told you the English voice actor for him was creepy and uncomfortable! I don't think I've ever even heard the Japanese VA for him - hope it's not as bad.

Luckily, I stick to the Sailor Moon Says channel where everyone seems to agree that Pegasus is a creep:

>This horse needs to go to jail.
>J
eez why is everyone trying to be cousins in this show.
>Rini: How will I know he’s the one for me? Pedosus: 👁_👁
>
creepy deep voice "What are you doing? You'll make a beautiful bride Rini."
>
If this is Utena instead the horse would be the bad guy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, majestic said:

They're all so wrong.

What. The. F***.

sign.jpg

3 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Dang it, I was literally going to repost the Usagi Oh My God video I just made earlier after reading that. Also, I told you the English voice actor for him was creepy and uncomfortable! I don't think I've ever even heard the Japanese VA for him - hope it's not as bad.

Luckily, I stick to the Sailor Moon Says channel where everyone seems to agree that Pegasus is a creep:

>J
>
>

They are using "Pedosus" in the comments.🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

sign.jpg

Yeah, I thought that was hilarious - you guys weren't the only ones! :p

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

>J
>
>

Lmao.

In JoJo there is an intelligent animal who tries to do something to a young girl.

He gets beaten to death in his first appearance

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, ArtistFormerlyKnownasKP said:

Lmao.

Hide contents

In JoJo there is an intelligent animal who tries to do something to a young girl.

Hide contents

He gets beaten to death in his first appearance

• Haha 2

Credit for Pedosus in this thread should be given to KP's fiancee, I think. I'm actually a little jealous because that rolls much easier off the virtual tongue than Creepasus. :( 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, majestic said:

Credit for Pedosus in this thread should be given to KP's fiancee, I think. I'm actually a little jealous because that rolls much easier off the virtual tongue than Creepasus. :( 

I'll let her know that she made someone jealous of her ability to give fictional pedophiles derogatory nicknames.

@BartimaeusYou know what, the Sailor Moon Says dub is less creepy than the new dub. And it is still pretty damn creepy.

Edited by ArtistFormerlyKnownasKP
  • Like 3

@Bartimaeus here's some Japanese Pegasus, @ArtistFormerlyKnownasKP this is from your upcoming episode, so don't click play unless you want to be prepared. You probably should, but anyway... spoilers!

Oh, and by the way, @InsaneCommander, because you asked about why Rei's school has the shortest skirts, that's a complicated question, and one where you need to examine Japanese fashion trends and gender roles in the early 90ies and... eh, long story short, when you look at actual school uniforms of Japanese girls in the early 90ies, you'll notice that they aren't much longer (they're mostly just about the length of the other girls' uniforms, or maybe a tad shorter), and girls always tried to make their skirts even shorter, in order to appear more feminine and cute.

Add to that Western catholic school uniforms, which are also usually relatively short, and you have the reason why. This is by far and large truth in television, not really fanservice like many people in the West simply assume when they see girls in skimpy skirts in anime. That comes from the presentation, overly, uhm, sizable breasts (especially for girls their age) and underwear*. Not the outfits on their own. Otherwise Sailor Moon wouldn't have such short skirts, Ms. Takeuchi copiously complained about the male gaze in the anime, but the designs really come from her and weren't meant to be sexist or fanservice, but Sailor Moon is still fairly mild on that.

Early 90ies Japanese counterculture involved wearing longer skirts than usual, not making them shorter (unlike, say, when mini skirts first came up in the West, as a symbol to stick it to the conservative role image of the time).

It's one of the things a Western viewer is liable to miss when looking at Makoto. Her not being able to wear a normal school uniform like the other girls have and the one she actually has having a long skirt marks her as an outsider, in addition to being overly tall, stronger than men and having wavy hair, making her an ancillery part of a counterculture she doesn't even want to belong to, and the reason why she's really wearing the regular school uniform in Sailor Stars even though it sometimes looks like it doesn't fit. I think that's deliberate, but I might be wrong. It could just be that she was drawn awkwardly in some episodes, I mean, Sailor Moon clearly has an A, B and intern animation team (and the aliens that animated the fourth episode of SuperS).

That should also explain why Makoto and Ami both run around with short dresses or skirts when in regular civilian clothing even though they have selfesteem and body issues and in a Western setting would probably wear something that would draw much less attention. It's the normal thing to do for girls. Usagi doesn't give a rats ass about social conventions, so she wears all sorts of things, and Rei does too, outside her traditional miko outfit. I mean... pink overalls? Heh.

*This goes back to the American occupation of Japan after WW2. The reason for this seemingly weird obession with (young) girl's underwear comes from a time where Japanese fashion changed and their traditional underwear (which was a piece of cloth a woman would wrap around her waist) could no longer be used. The only women who could afford Western style underwear however were the sex workers servicing US soldiers. Hence the really close association of underwear and sex.

That and when skirts came up as fashionable, combined with never having worn Western style underwear, women ended up not really knowing how to move or sit without revealing too much, something that never was a problem with traditional koshimaki.

Or in other words, the reason why there's such a panty obsession in Japan is squarely the fault of the United States. :p

• Like 1
  • Gasp! 2

@ArtistFormerlyKnownasKP

I hate to do this, but... Remember, they censored Uranus and Neptune by turning them into 'cousins', but they didn't censor or even try to explain this:

Spoiler

@majestic Oh, so the Japanese VA is weird and sucks too. Maybe not quite as bad as the English versions, but still bad.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Gasp! 2