Food Thread - What are you eating?

Amentep

1 hour ago, Gfted1 said:

Ordered a big pile of wings last night (plain, tweener and blazin' Asian flavors).

I love wings as you know, many did you order and how many do  you normally or can  eat ?

I can eat a lot, easily 20-30 over an hour or so with a few alcoholic or non-alcoholic  beverages. And its even easier to eat lots in  a festive  sports bar or place like Hooters which makes some of the BEST boneless wings with the hottest sauce available called 911 and a blue cheese dip ....nothing better  🍗

• Like 1
  • Gasp! 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Boneless...did you just say BONELESS!? Those are just grownup chicken nuggets!

*throws @BruceVC down the well*

I kid, I kid. Ive never ordered boneless wings so Im not sure how many I could eat. Regarding a traditional drums and flats plate, I usually eat 8-10. But the most important thing for me about wings is the skin. Its got to be crispy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

Boneless...did you just say BONELESS!? Those are just grownup chicken nuggets!

*throws @BruceVC down the well*

I kid, I kid. Ive never ordered boneless wings so Im not sure how many I could eat. Regarding a traditional drums and flats plate, I usually eat 8-10. But the most important thing for me about wings is the skin. Its got to be crispy.

I hear you, let me add the normal wings at Hooters have bones and I order both but I agree their is something more authentic with wings with bones plus the bones add flavor when they get cooked

8-10 is the normal starter amount but thats not a main meal wings portion surly unless your wings are bigger? I normally order 16 wings at a time 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Yes "boneless wings" is a misnomer. I mean, they are indeed boneless, but there's nothing wings about them. They are glorified chicken nuggets. Nothing wrong with nuggets, though.

I generally prefer actual wings, bones and all. One of the main reasons is that they're not breaded... Okay, some people bread them, I sure as hell don't. Besides buffalo wings (I don't go nuclear hot, but I like a decent bit of heat to them), which are classic, I very much like garlic parmesan wings and teriyaki wings.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

@Azdeus and @Pidesco

I just watched an excellent episode on Swedish food and specifically food in Stockholm. Its on Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmerman and it highlighted some delicious and at times unusual Swedish  food but I would definitely try it all 

https://www.travelchannel.com/shows/bizarre-foods/episodes/stockholm

Unusual food like Reindeer testicles that look great when they served because they  looked like  thick slices of  salami and they can be deep-fried 

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

45 minutes ago, majestic said:

There's no such thing as good food in the Nordics... the further North you get in Europe, the worse the food becomes. :yes: 

Austrian\German food is overall better than the Nordic countries because of the vast range from authentic German fine dining like rabbit to pigeon to incredible pork dishes to normal delicious food like sausages, eisbein and normal meat dishes. Do you know  Germany   " boasts 10 three-Michelin-star restaurants, as many as Italy and more than the UK and Scandinavia combined " , taken from the article below. But Austrian cuisine is also very advanced and popular, I have eaten more Austrian food than German because of our family skiing holidays 

https://www.elitetraveler.com/features/best-restaurants-in-germany

But the Nordic countries are making huge progress and they have some unique food I have never eaten like cloud berries, fudge cheese and reindeer and other game specific to the region

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

The temperature just dropped 20 degrees (f) so it's time to start baking again. I think I'm going to make some pecan brownies or something.

1 hour ago, Keyrock said:

Yes "boneless wings" is a misnomer. I mean, they are indeed boneless, but there's nothing wings about them. They are glorified chicken nuggets. Nothing wrong with nuggets, though.

I generally prefer actual wings, bones and all. One of the main reasons is that they're not breaded... Okay, some people bread them, I sure as hell don't. Besides buffalo wings (I don't go nuclear hot, but I like a decent bit of heat to them), which are classic, I very much like garlic parmesan wings and teriyaki wings.

I prefer wings myself, but the best I've made actually were dusted with cornstarch. It makes them very crispy. I think that's what the Korean fried chicken places do too, because all of their chicken is extremely crunchy. I like spicy with fried chicken, so I need some kind of heat.

1 hour ago, majestic said:

There's no such thing as good food in the Nordics... the further North you get in Europe, the worse the food becomes. :yes: 

I believe that, but is England an outlier because everything they eat looks nasty or dumb.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

No pecan brownies, but I made osso bucks, risotto, and some roasted zucchini. Turned out pretty good.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

23 hours ago, majestic said:

So if you like Swedish food does that mean you have...Stockholm Syndrome?

I'll let myself out.

• Haha 2
  • Gasp! 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

• 2 weeks later...

Almost everyone hates candy corns on Halloween. Almost everyone hates fruit cake on X-Mas. I've heard myths that there is such a thing as "good fruit cake". I have yet to witness this "good fruit cake", much less taste it. My question is, what is the worse holiday tradition: candy corns or fruit cake?

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

9 hours ago, Keyrock said:

My question is, what is the worse holiday tradition: candy corns or fruit cake?

Easter Peeps or dried out Thanksgiving turkey. 

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

4 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

I like candy corn but circus peanuts can go diaf.

I agree circus peanuts are wretched, but are they a traditional food for, well, anything? Why do they exist?

1 hour ago, KP the meanie zucchini said:

Easter Peeps or dried out Thanksgiving turkey. 

Peeps are pretty meh. As for dry turkey, you can drown it in gravy and it tastes fine. Turkey is overrated, though. Green bean casserole is where it's at on Thanksgiving.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

5 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

Peeps are pretty meh.

They're awful, down there with fruit cake in the depths of gross food. Candy corn is at least ok.

6 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

As for dry turkey, you can drown it in gravy and it tastes fine. Turkey is overrated, though. Green bean casserole is where it's at on Thanksgiving.

The gravy is just a patch, and it doesn't really fix the problem so you still get bites of dry and flavorless meat. Turkey can be good if cooked right (like frying or smoking), but you'd have better chances of winning the lottery than getting a good roasted turkey.

Green bean casserole is good, but baked mac and cheese is where it's at.

12 minutes ago, KP the meanie zucchini said:

They're awful, down there with fruit cake in the depths of gross food. Candy corn is at least ok.

I don't find peeps disgusting, but they're certainly not good. We agree on the fruit cake, that vile substance is vomit inducing. I also agree that candy corns aren't disgusting, but they are a bitter disappointment on Halloween. Going trick or treating when you get top tier candy like Reese's peanutbutter cups, Mike & Ikes, or Peanut M&Ms, you're excited. You get mid tier candy like 100 Grand or Hershey's chocolate, it's fine. You get low tier candy like Whoppers or candy necklaces you're slightly disappointed but it's whatever. Candy corn is in the absolute lowest tier with those dots on wax paper. You'll probably still eat it eventually because you're a kid and it's sugar, but almost anything else would have been better.

• Confused 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

13 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

I don't find peeps disgusting, but they're certainly not good. We agree on the fruit cake, that vile substance is vomit inducing. I also agree that candy corns aren't disgusting, but they are a bitter disappointment on Halloween. Going trick or treating when you get top tier candy like Reese's peanutbutter cups, Mike & Ikes, or Peanut M&Ms, you're excited. You get mid tier candy like 100 Grand or Hershey's chocolate, it's fine. You get low tier candy like Whoppers or candy necklaces you're slightly disappointed but it's whatever. Candy corn is in the absolute lowest tier with those dots on wax paper. You'll probably still eat it eventually because you're a kid and it's sugar, but almost anything else would have been better.

Hold on, you're ranking that sorry excuse for a fruit candy over the delicious combo of chocolate, caramel, and crunch that is 100 grand? Reported for bad taste.

• Gasp! 1

30 minutes ago, KP the meanie zucchini said:

Hold on, you're ranking that sorry excuse for a fruit candy over the delicious combo of chocolate, caramel, and crunch that is 100 grand? Reported for bad taste.

I like most gelatine or jelly type candies: Gummi bears, Mike & Ike, Swedish fish, jelly beans. 100 Grand is fine, but I rank it below Reese's pb cups and Kit Kat as far as chocolate-based candy goes.

Edit:

S+ Rank: Haribo cola bottles, Haribo twin cherries 

S Rank: All other Haribo gummies

A Rank: Non-Haribo gummies, Swedish fish, Mike & Ike, Reese's pb cups, Peanut M&Ms, Kit Kat, Almond Joy, Starburst, Sour Patch Kids

Edited by Keyrock
  • Confused 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I like most gelatine or jelly type candies: Gummi bears, Mike & Ike, Swedish fish, jelly beans. 100 Grand is fine, but I rank it below Reese's pb cups and Kit Kat as far as chocolate-based candy goes.

Edit:

S+ Rank: Haribo cola bottles, Haribo twin cherries 

S Rank: All other Haribo gummies

A Rank: Non-Haribo gummies, Swedish fish, Mike & Ike, Reese's pb cups, Peanut M&Ms, Kit Kat, Almond Joy, Starburst, Sour Patch Kids

I'm not one big on brands, but gummy is definitely top tier. But no caramel in at least A tier? And both peanut slim shady and sour patch kids in A tier? My dude, what the ****.

13 minutes ago, KP the meanie zucchini said:

I'm not one big on brands, but gummy is definitely top tier. But no caramel in at least A tier? And both peanut slim shady and sour patch kids in A tier? My dude, what the ****.

The only caramel I would include in A Rank would be Krówki, a Polish caramel fudge candy, buy I wanted to stick to common American candies since I assume the majority of people here are American.  If I include Polish candy then Prince Polo (essentially better Kit Kat) goes in S Rank.

• Gasp! 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

1 hour ago, ShadySands said:

I don't really like candy except for the occasional gummy worm or bear every few years.

Betrayal!

1 hour ago, Gfted1 said:

Have you guys ever tried a candy called cow tails? I was just introduced to them this year and I love them. Tbh, the only candy Ive tried that I actively dislike is Japanese candy that contains anko. 🤮

Yes. I don't like them enough to buy them tbh.

The only caramel I would include in A Rank would be Krówki, a Polish caramel fudge candy, buy I wanted to stick to common American candies since I assume the majority of people here are American.  If I include Polish candy then Prince Polo (essentially better Kit Kat) goes in S Rank.

Go ahead and include weird stuff my dude.

Have you ever tried millionaires? Those are caramel and pecans covered in chocolate and they're great.

our favorite candy

Spoiler

steak-1-480x270.jpg

and

prime-rib-end-cut.jpg

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Stuffed peppers and black eyed peas

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell