5 hours ago, AeonsLegend said:

With regards to your question on wimps would say specifically Atsura, Castol and to a lesser extent Furrante are particularly weak. I like your troll bait on manly man. Good try.

But technically, Castol is more competent than his replacement. I don't see what makes Atsura and Furrante so wimpy. 

What would you have preferred to manly men? Proper men? Machos? Paragons of masculinity? 

17 hours ago, Boeroer said:

ROFLMAYO - the most hilarious thing I read all day. Even comes before "Somebody asked if I'm dating someone before making an inquiry about my sexual orientation and now I feel harassed and offended". 

Let me ask you one question by example like you did before.

You are a male gay. One day, you have met another male acquaintance or even male stranger, and you like him very much. What would you do ?

1. Suddenly hit on him. Flirt him with sweetest words you have ever known.
  2. Observe and see whether he likes male partner or not. Perhaps, ask him indirectly or politely first. After that, depending on his answer, you decide what to do next. If he is okay, you laugh and approach him. If he is not interested in same sex relationship, you just know it and move on as a friend.

What happened to me in game is that Tekehu chose option 1, and I do not like it. I personally feel this action has crossed the line, my line.

Edited by ekt0

29 minutes ago, ekt0 said:

You are a male gay. One day, you have met another male acquaintance or even male stranger, and you like him very much. What would you do ?

1. Suddenly hit on him. Flirt him with sweetest words you have ever known.
  2. Observe and see whether he likes male partner or not. Perhaps, ask him indirectly or politely first. After that, depending on his answer, you decide what to do next. If he is okay, you laugh and approach him. If he is not interested in same sex relationship, you just know it and move on as a friend.

3. Show him your your opening post, have a great laugh together and then invite him to some Sex on the Beach and maybe Screaming Orgasms. After that we would be in the right mood to write an entertaining essay about people who can't tell the difference between annoyance, offendedness and sexual harassment. 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

7 hours ago, SchroedsCat said:

But technically, Castol is more competent than his replacement. I don't see what makes Atsura and Furrante so wimpy. 

What would you have preferred to manly men? Proper men? Machos? Paragons of masculinity? 

Your post implies you have absolutely no clue to what a charismatic strong man is. Dang how old are you and how much has modern media ruined your life with fake information about men and women? I'm sorry I think it's impossible for me to explain at all since you choose to use the words macho and masculitnity to assume negativity not only once but twice now.

13 minutes ago, AeonsLegend said:

Your post implies you have absolutely no clue to what a charismatic strong man is. Dang how old are you and how much has modern media ruined your life with fake information about men and women? I'm sorry I think it's impossible for me to explain at all since you choose to use the words macho and masculitnity to assume negativity not only once but twice now.

Explain to me, then. I have not used such words. I would like to understand your viewpoint.

Edited by xzar_monty

Explain to me how modern media ruined my life again, I'm curious.

However, I think I can see what you refer about these characters.
I think the character you refer are all a bit "mannered". But I don't see this as a contradiction to be strong or charismatic. I guess charisma is subjective, so you might not find them charismatic.

If you take the example of Atsura, he is hinted to be an extremely dangerous man. The one that can decide your execution in the glimpse of an eye if needed.
Furrante is also hinted to be extremely treacherous an manipulative.
All this character are interesting in my opinion, so it is not a problem. And I don't know why you see them as loosers. Atsura is obviously not a looser IMHO.

But I think I can see the kind of character you would expect, with a more direct style as were for example the leader of torn bannermen, the Duke or even Thaos. Or Benweth in PoE2 but he doesn't live long enough in my playthroughs.

1 hour ago, AeonsLegend said:

Then enlighten me. Who would be a perfect charismatic strong man™? Who from PoE would be one? Eder?

I'm early thirties, can't be that ruined by modern media then, can I? And believe me, I'm one of the people who silently facepalms when someone wants to be referred to as "they".

Edited by SchroedsCat

48 minutes ago, AeonsLegend said:

I'm sorry I think it's impossible for me to explain at all

Right. It's difficult to explain something if you don't have a clue what you're talking about in the first place.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

2 hours ago, ekt0 said:

I don't know how many gay men you know but you're seriously underestimating their "gaydar". There exists scientific research into this.

Tekehu just thinks he's god's gift to kith kind and he's like this to everyone. Just take him along through Neketaka, the smith lady hit him with a hammer when he got too grabby and the owner of the Mare was pissed at his advances as well.

38 minutes ago, SchroedsCat said:

Tekehu just thinks he's god's gift to kith kind and he's like this to everyone. Just take him along through Neketaka, the smith lady hit him with a hammer when he got too grabby and the owner of the Mare was pissed at his advances as well.

Don't judge him.
If you had tentacles on your head, you might consider them as god's gift to kith kind as well.

Edited by Elric Galad
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SchroedsCat said:

Then enlighten me. Who would be a perfect charismatic strong man™? Who from PoE would be one? Eder?

A good example would be Oberryn Martell in GoT.
Charismatic
Able to knockdown the strongest man in combat

Oh wait

1 hour ago, SchroedsCat said:

I'm early thirties, can't be that ruined by modern media then, can I? And believe me, I'm one of the people who silently facepalms when someone wants to be referred to as "they".

Hm, not sure if any from PoE would fit that description. And early thirties is still young and much more influenced by modern media than you might initially think. I did like Prince Aruihi though, but he doesn't get much of an opportunity to show his complete character.

I may have misjudged you, but I don't really know what to make of a person putting masculinity and negativity in one sentence to get a rise out of me when I simply look for a different kind of man. In my work and life I've seen many different types of men. Some charismatic, some strong, some bad and some good and also a lot of weaker ones. A charismatic person is a person someone else wants to follow. A natural leader perhaps? Charismatic doesn't necessarily mean good person. My old boss for instance was very charismatic and lured many people to work for him, but he was also a psychopath and destroyed many peoples lives, including mine for a while. In terms of my experience, I'm a project manager working on high stakes and expensive projects. In this environment I meet a whole lot of different people at Manager and C level and have to gain their trust. Which I am able to do, because it is one of my strengths. Never ever have I encountered a person like Castro for any length of time because they just can't handle the job. I would not follow him. I also would not follow Atsura as he's a slimy weasel with no charsima. Only schemes. Furrante is probably ok, but he's so bad at his job and he lacks true charisma to make me believe him.

Explaining what it means is difficult. It'd probably be better to give examples, but I'll have to take a rain check on that for now.

While the thread denizens wait with baited breath for AL's examples, I remembered v. similar kerfuffle re: Dragon Age 2. In that game if you went with Doormat personality type, you could eventually corner oneself into the situation where you had either accept playersexual NPC's advances or tell him to f*ck off in quite rude manner. So those completely secure in their sexuality types had a meltdown A) tearing that NPC a new one for daring to hit on them first, B) complaining that they had to be, like, so rude to said NPC to let him down. Good times. :biggrin:

Edited by bugarup

• 2 weeks later...

Wait! Wait! There are nude sex scenes in the Witcher? Why was I not informed? I gave up on that game after about a week and gave it away and went back to BG or some other option I can't recall - but if I had only known...   :fdevil:

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

3 hours ago, wanderon said:

Wait! Wait! There are nude sex scenes in the Witcher? Why was I not informed? I gave up on that game after about a week and gave it away and went back to BG or some other option I can't recall - but if I had only known...   :fdevil:

Not graphic, topless with the Witcher and both sorceresses, more than once. Not at the same time. 

• Gasp! 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2020 at 6:24 PM, daven said:

Mate... get a bloody grip. Jesus christ......

Damn guess I forgot to put those sarcasm tags up again - that happens when you are older than dirt...🤭

• Like 1

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...