Music: Listening and Sharing

Amentep

one more from purdie

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

last two for a bit

am able to overlook the "fusion" label and enjoy good blues guitar.

and something a little different

kinda feel bad for brittany howard's bandmates. those guys, a bunch o' high school friends, had made it to the Big Time seeming yesterday, and then the band's headliner announces she is going solo... and the rest o' the band was never heard from again.

anyways, am not certain how we feel 'bout the new stuff, but getting terry crews to lip sync the video were fun. 

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
  • Thanks 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

(reposted from the movie thread, because I'm a doofus and posted it on the wrong thread 😛 )

Loving this record, it's full of really dense, alien textures with just enough of that pluralist fusion of the likes of Future Sounds of London or the Blade Runner soundtracks, to create that sort of compelling futurist experience, and with added spirituality to boot. Worth seeking out the full record (which, for Spotify users, can be found here).

• Like 1

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

Funny thing, if someone told me a few years ago that Miley Cyrus would be the reason for me to reevaluate my opinion of Nine Inch Nails post Broken (yeah I'm that guy who didn't like The Downward Spiral with some very few exceptions like Heresy and Hurt, sue me :p) I would have laughed at them.

I guess stranger things have happened, but anyway, I'm beginning to realize that The Fragile is much, much better than I ever thought it was. Or to be more accurate: ever wanted to give it credit for during my youthfully rebellious but somewhat ignorant "It's mainstream now so it sucks" phase.

Still can't stand Closer from The Downward Spiral. That apparently had nothing to do with it being a club hit. Heh.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Loved The Downward Spiral. Also The Fragile and all the remix stuff that was released. Think I own almost all of the special releases, except for a few weird japanese versions.

However I could never really get warm with The Fragile cd2.

Nowadays... feels like NIN sounds too much the same. I mean, the new releases sound different, but I could swear there's always the same elements and that makes it so used up to me.

The soundtracks are all good, but also always the same style... that doesn't help it much either. Generally I haven't been excited for a new release in years.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

After going through 120+ records through the past month, I finally finished my top 20 of 2015. Here goes!

1. death's dynamic shroud.wmv - I'll Try Living Like This
  2. Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp a Butterfly
  3. Max Richter - From Sleep
  4. Moa Pillar - Humanity
  5. Áine O'Dwyer - Music for Church Cleaners vol. I and II
  6. Lil Ugly Mane - Third Side of Tape
  7. Sons of Kemet - Lest We Forget What We Came Here to Do
  8. Charles Barabé & Wether - Huh?
  9. In Media Res - リンキンパーク - Triginta Septem
  10. Toby Fox - UNDERTALE Soundtrack
  11. Elza Soares - A mulher o fim do mundo
  12. Kamasi Washington - The Epic
  13. Lil Ugly Mane - Oblivion Access
  14. Rabit & Chino Amobi - The Great Game: Freedom From Mental Poisoning (The Purification of the Furies)
  15. 2 8 1 4 - 新しい日の誕生 (Atarashii Hi no Tanjou)
  16. Holly Herndon - Platform
  17. Aïsha Devi - Of Matter and Spirit
  18. Elephant9 with Reine Fiske - Silver Mountain
  19. Rob Mazurek / Exploding Star Orchestra - Galactic Parables: Volume 1
  20. George Clanton - 100% Electronica

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

Nice cover, shame the subject matter has odd bits of Rhodesia fetishism in the comments

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

A bit of Metallica 2019... because my friend and I are going to see them live in Melbourne end of October 🤘

Looking forward to it :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I like unusual stuff.... unusual enough for me to like it :)

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein