Lets Get Political

Amentep

27 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

That would be hilarious if someone ran out in front of one. Or are they stationary?

Think they're parked, concerns about tearing up the pavement on the roads. 

https://www.kmov.com/news/st-louis-county-reaches-settlement-after-woman-s-dog-was/article_27d2bbea-9d45-11e9-8a4f-53af5a03fcd6.html

SWAT raid for an unpaid gas bill, well a crooked cop didn't help either.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

no doubt images o' warsaw ghetto fighters throwing rocks at armed germans in 43' is also a h00t for gifted.

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

gotta be careful as am knowing how delicate is gifted. 

regardless, tank guy were one o' the more iconic photos/images o' the second half o' the 20th century. am genuine surprised gifted didn't recognize what were happening in the photo. important thing is you learned something. congrats.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Methinks your brain is addled even more than normal. Everyone knows that picture, I was talking about our tanks on parade. But your too busy being an internet tard to understand that, like the posted above you successfully did.

Anywho, ghetto rock throwers would be hilarious if it looked like this:

To be serious for a moment, did you have a stoke back in 17'? I don't want to bash you if you cant help it. Honestly.

2 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

To be serious for a moment, did you have a stoke a few months ago? I don't want to bash you if you cant help it. Honestly.

coming from guy we needed spend multiple pages explaining the difference 'tween temp change and rate of temp change, is an odd observation. err on side o' gifted ignorance is the conservative play.

nevertheless, considering how by now the only way a person wouldn't know trumps tanks would be stationary is if they were willfully avoiding reading articles which referenced those tanks, we cannot wonder if you might wanna look in the mirror for a person needing a neurological consult. 

and see, you really did learn something. 

HA! good Fun!

6 minutes ago, 213374U said:

Somebody send Trump a ticket for Tank Biathlon '19.

Only if they have to hurdle him.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

4 minutes ago, 213374U said:

Somebody send Trump a ticket for Tank Biathlon '19.

and now Gromnir learned something. am vague recalling an international nato tank competition from 80s, but tank biathlon were new to us.

as for weird russian competitions, am still gonna vote for chess boxing as our favorite.

another image for gifted.  

hong_kong_resists_china_3379785.jpg

funny stuff. err.

HA! Good Fun!

19 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

:lol:

thanks for bringing back to where we started... 'cause "crushed" by tank is hilarious.

no tanks, but hijinks nevertheless

Trump appears to contradict officials, says census citizenship question not abandoned

this administration is like a 24/7 episode o' benny hill.

HA! Good Fun!

33 minutes ago, Gromnir said:

Maybe they didn't tell him. He strikes me as the kind of boss you work around rather than with.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

So there seems to be a great wailing and gnashing of teeth over the "unprecedented" parade of military assets in DC. It's anything but unprecedented. Eisenhower,  JFK, Clinton and everyone between Wilson & Hoover did it. Heck in JFK's inauguration parade the towed and honest to God ICBM in the procession. So it is certainly tacky it's hardly unprecedented. 

But is sucks for the luckless  service members who catch this little s--t detail: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/104780-political-thread-xx/?do=findComment&comment=2087668

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

31 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

Maybe they didn't tell him. He strikes me as the kind of boss you work around rather than with.

am genuine not certain which would be the more laughable alternative. 

as to previous administrations and tanks, am not one o' the guys who suggested such were unprecedented. such is gauche and indeed tacky, but as you say, not unprecedented. delivering a campaign speech on the fourth? maybe need go back to nixon, though other Presidents have had brief 4th o' july photo ops which typical also drew criticism. 

oh, and as you is likely aware, take an opportunity to throw a few jabs at jfk is not gonna bother us none. am always baffled by jfk revisionist history. 

insofar as the umbrellas, am thinking they were taken up as a defense 'gainst pepper spray rather than acid rain. honest, am not recalling exact why umbrellas were the adopted symbol. regardless, is so difficult to guess if acid rain or pepper spray explanation would be more amusing to gifted. neither is exact on par with "crushed" by tank, but am genuine not sure where the humor in such imagery is, so is tough to predict future laughs.

HA! Good Fun!

ps am honest not recalling eisenhower or jfk doing 4th o' july military parades. you got a link, or were such inaugurations or other events? am s'posing we could google, but am lazy.

Edited by Gromnir

(edited out pointless. clear ain't making headway)

back on-topic, joaquin castro and laura ingraham had a difference o' opinion.

is conflicting reports as to actual language used by castro to describe ingraham.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

13 hours ago, Gromnir said:

ps am honest not recalling eisenhower or jfk doing 4th o' july military parades. you got a link, or were such inaugurations or other events? am s'posing we could google, but am lazy.

In JFK's case it was his inauguration rather than July 4th. I don't recall any celebrations out of the ordinary for Independence day during his term. During the Bicentennial in Ford's term there was supposed to be but he cancelled that part of it himself IIRC. People were sick of war after ten yeas in Vietnam. They wouldn't do anything like that again until 1993 or 1994 (I think the latter) when Clinton asked for flyovers during the celebrations on the mall. I DO remember him being criticized by Republicans for doing it. Please, contain your irony! During Eisenhower's term in 1955 there was a big celebration of the 10 year anniversary of the end of WW2 which included  a "military parade" but that was not the 4th either. During the second term of FDR there was a silly little holiday called Army Day that included parades. I think it was to commemorate our  entry into WWI. The date was the same, April 6th. Not sure his reasoning. I'm going from memory here. Truman scuttled that. 

Army Day is not to be confused with Armed Forces Day which it little more than open houses an shows on military bases. Oh, and an opportunity to sell cars because it's one of those days you forget about until the local Toyota dealer takes out a full page ad in the paper. 

Thomas Sowell

Rep Justin Amash has left the Republican Party: https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/04/politics/justin-amash-leaving-gop/index.html

Can't blame him. I did the same thing myself. Or, more accurately, it left us. 

Thomas Sowell

I always wondered if Trump suffers from some kind of small **** complex, envying people like Kim, Xi, Putin etc. for the power they wield over their subjects.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein