Pictures of your games 12

Game can look really pretty
440900_20190519005240_1.png

't Is but a scratch!
440900_20190519172538_1.png

I've been exploring, looking for a new location to settle more north since the enemies near my initial location (barring bosses) have become a tad too easy. Ran into some nice looking locations on my hikes.

Cave full of crystal, with a definitely not ominous looking room at the bottom
440900_20190519185525_1.png
440900_20190519185729_1.png

Unnamed City, early morning (iirc)
440900_20190520005137_1.png
440900_20190520005151_1.png

Think I found a good building spot, close to the center of the map, very close to massive amounts of iron and coal and not surrounded by really tough enemies (like the rhinos and tigers a little bit further north). Planning to build a fortress all along that pillar. Going to try using T3 mostly (due to it having to withstand the Purge) but the initial scaffolding and stuff is in sandstone for now.
440900_20190520111013_1.png
In case you're wondering about the bare feet/hands/head: a bunch of my gear broke on the trip.

I also found a really nice spot (at least as far as the view is concerned) north of "the wall" up on a cliff (basically behind the huge statues in the northern tiger area) that I might end up building at once I'm strong enough to explore around there a bit more so I can figure out whether there's any crafting materials or whether it'll be a pain to actually live there.

Oh, and I've found a bunch of journals, mostly written by random Exiles, but

also some that appear to be from woman in the trailer (I found #1 and #3 so far)

Edited by marelooke
  • Like 3

Yeah, Conan Exiles looks downright breathtaking at times. The game has some spectacular lighting effects on ultra settings. I've learned a lot about building while making my new fortress jutting out of the cliff. I wasn't able to have it protrude out of the cliff as far as I initially planned. Building pieces have an amount of structural integrity and they lose a percentage the further you get away from landmasses and foundations, especially when building horizontally over empty space. You can compensate a bit with pillars, but there's a limit to how far you can stretch that. I'm also disappointed that it seems you can't flip the ramp corner block upsidedown and I've found no mod that allows me to do that. I wanted to make the fortress come to a sloping sharp corner, but since I couldn't flip the ramp corner piece around to make it fit I had to go for a different effect that still looks cool, but wasn't my initial plan. I'll throw up another picture soon as it's looking much closer to a completed building... the base part, anyway. I plan to put a tower on the roof of it and I might get crazy with making it tall, assuming the game allows me to do it.

And yes

Razma is the woman from the intro. I've actually completed one of the steps toward, what I'm assuming is the main goal of the game, removing the bracelet without dying. I reassembled an artifact, but I'm sure there's a lot more to it than that.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Thanks 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

My Death Star Fortress is starting to come together:

bIxVprU.jpg

I intended to have it come to a smooth point, but the limitations of how far out I could build from the cliff wall and not being able to flip corner ramp pieces upside down forced me to alter the design a bit.

From above:

TpLU3CM.jpg

On the side closer you can see the vertical elevator that is the main means of entry. On the far side is a placeholder horizontal elevator that will connect to a future structure. I may need to move it a bit since I doubt I'll be able to build that far out, but we'll see.

The bottom floor immediately after stepping off the elevator:

wCvrB0L.jpg

All the floors in my fortress are double height.

Here I'm standing on what will be the top covered floor:

pzhrZmK.jpg

The area above will be an open rooftop terrace with a tower and likely some awnings for shade. Once I finish the main building, before I begin on the tower, I'll likely set building aside for a while and go on an adventuring/exploration run. Between my Flawless Hykarian Raider Armor, Flawless Heater Shield, and Flawless Cimmerian Steel War Axe, I'm armed and armored to the teeth and ready for action.

As an aside, the building pieces are from the Treasures of Turan DLC, the one DLC I purchased for the game. I got it because they're the most opulent looking building pieces. I'm living oil sheik style, except in my kingdom men & women have equal rights. And by equal rights, I mean the right to do as I command. My national motto is "Work Hard. Orgy Harder."

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Brujha do OKish, then punch people when OKish isn't enough. But they do have Presence, so they are actually one of the most charming clans.

Never played a Gangrel.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Decided to make a voyage through the highlands, into the frozen north, and toward the volcano:

uf71O7N.jpg

MnOCAHE.jpg

M... Maybe I shouldn't be here...

wkNZPtp.jpg

Shhhhh... 

WDFKkvO.jpg

I never did make it to the volcano. The trip ended very poorly for me. I wound up getting into a fight with a skeleton soldier. I had fought skellies before, but this one was way tougher than the ones I faced earlier. He's not what killed me, though. I wound up dying to cold exposure. I need different gear to go into the deep frozen north. My Hykarian Raider Armor gives some cold resistance and it's fine for the outskirts of the snow area, but it's not enough when you get deeper. Even with having the 20 vitality diminished temp effects perk I still froze to death.

Meanwhile, back home I have completed the base fortress and have begun construction of my tower. My throne room will naturally be at the top, because I am totally not a megalomaniac. :-

vVdSDBg.jpg

• Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Work on my tower continues:

vIujhuV.jpg

I don't know how tall the game will let me build it, but if I can I want to make it tall enough to be seen from any spot on the map. 

• Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

So after eleventy billion dollars spent in development, and a geological era later... I can finally play Space FedEx

Screen-Shot0009.jpg

Screen-Shot0011.jpg

Screen-Shot0010.jpg

Hey, at least it looks pretty. And no, that's not really a plastic bag on my head.

Edited by 213374U
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

XaPWIuO.jpg

WGjOAlb.jpg

94qKICa.jpg

I got halfway across this bridge when the temp dropped so low that I started taking damage. I turned back, not wanting to freeze to death (again). I'll come back either with warmer armor (if warmer armor exists) or with plenty of food and/or alcohol (Consuming either warms you up. Drinking water cools you down).

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

On 5/22/2019 at 11:19 PM, Keyrock said:

Work on my tower continues:

I don't know how tall the game will let me build it, but if I can I want to make it tall enough to be seen from any spot on the map. 

How far does the game render?

Also, how small is the map? After a certain distance the height will be irrelevant, if the width is not enough for it to be visible (kinda like the length of the Great Wall not making it visible from space, regardless of how much some people insist :) )

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

15 minutes ago, melkathi said:

How far does the game render?

Also, how small is the map? After a certain distance the height will be irrelevant, if the width is not enough for it to be visible (kinda like the length of the Great Wall not making it visible from space, regardless of how much some people insist :) )

The map is fairly large. That was more in-character delusion of grandeur than statement of fact. Even on ultra settings there will definitely be spots on the map where my tower won't be visible no matter how tall I build it. I plan to make it visible from a really long distance, though. ;)

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I've been doing a lot of building. I don't seem to have any screenshots from the really early start, but I basically started by choosing a good foundation spot and then mocking things up with sandstone until it "clicked" in my head.

Initially I wanted to stick to building against the pillar, unfortunately a bunch of items (like the Wheel of Pain) are a tad large to fit in a hanging room (at least, without making it look horrible), so I ended up building a giant hall at the foot of the cliff with a bunch of watchtowers. I also built a staircase to the top, just to see if what I wanted to do was even possible and there was no hidden ceiling or some no-build area or some such.

Here the front of the great hall with the gate and three watchtowers is done, I also replaced the initial structure I had built on the pillar with the final version (the building on the right), it's now the kitchen.
440900_20190522233743_1.png

This is a nice view of the finished roof of the great hall. I'm pretty dang proud of that roof, and it was quite the pain to get right. At one point 4 different roofs had to "merge", combined with integrity constraints it was...interesting and I had to make some compromises (which you can't really see from the outside, especially now that I added more stuff)
440900_20190523021302_1.png

View when you throw open the main doors:440900_20190523021337_1.png

Bunch of newly broken thralls reporting for duty. Crafting stations are mostly just tossed in until they can go to their final locations.
440900_20190523115547_1.png

Quick city trip:
440900_20190523123601_1.png

Nope, nope, nope!
440900_20190523124642_1.png

Got attacked by another purge, was going fine until this bastard showed up and murdered all my fighter Thralls, wasn't planning on losing my base to this bs so I godmoded him, couldn't even kill him in time before he ran off. This guy was so ridiculously out of line with anything else that spawned before it wasn't even funny (it really wasn't). And this was probably "only" a T4 purge (which is the maximum, by default), I don't want to know what they throw at you on higher levels (20 of these guys?)
440900_20190523152411_1.png

So yeah, turned the maximum level of The Purge down to 2 after that little fiasco...

Back to building, aka current status.

From the 4 corners + top down with a bonus shot of kitchen:

440900_20190524135830_1.png

440900_20190524135906_1.png

440900_20190524135934_1.png

440900_20190524140026_1.png

440900_20190524141539_1.png

Inside of the kitchen:
440900_20190524140409_1.png

Edited by marelooke
  • Like 3

You're much nicer to your... new recruits than I am, you put your Wheel of Pain inside. In my jungle base I built a roof above my taskmaster, I even put a chair there so she could take a load off, but the actual wheel itself I left uncovered, no relief from the elements for the recruits. I'll eventually do something similar in my current under construction base.

I treat my thralls really well (provided they follow orders). I feed them well, I make sure they have a safe and comfortable place to live, and I provide plenty of booze and orgies. The new recruits, however, I make sure they suffer until they are broken and swear undying loyalty to me.

Meanwhile, work on the tower continues.

bBrrmao.jpg

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸