Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What's Kraken Eye Used For?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Kovil

Kovil

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 36 posts

Hi there,

Im in the middle of my second playthrough and I wonder if Kraken Eye was changed.As far as I remember It was used to upgrade gear but I can' see it in any of my recipies.Im a bit confused,send help.

Edited by Kovil, 03 April 2019 - 09:07 AM.

thelee

thelee

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1725 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Depending on when you first played, I think high-level enchants got more expensive. So it might be that you used to have been able to upgrade with just 1 Kraken's Eye, but now you need 2.

Kovil

Kovil

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 36 posts

Depending on when you first played, I think high-level enchants got more expensive. So it might be that you used to have been able to upgrade with just 1 Kraken's Eye, but now you need 2.

I've played as soon as the game came out.Are Kraken Eyes still used to upgrade gear?

Edited by Kovil, 03 April 2019 - 09:12 AM.

thelee

thelee

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1725 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

I've played as soon as the game came out.Are Kraken Eyes still used to upgrade gear?

yes

Kovil

Kovil

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 36 posts

yes

Its just soo weird.None of my weapons seem to have it as a requirement for upgrade,is my game bugged or something? =\

Taudis

Taudis

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 87 posts
Two eyes upgrade armor/shields/one handed to Superb (you need four eyes for two-handers). Nice for armor, since it lets you save on the fairly rare Adra Ban.

They replace the normal Superb upgrade, allowing you to save money/ingredients.

Edited by Taudis, 03 April 2019 - 09:16 AM.

Kovil

Kovil

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 36 posts

Two eyes upgrade armor/shields/one handed to Superb (you need four eyes for two-handers). Nice for armor, since it lets you save on the fairly rare Adra Ban.

They replace the normal Superb upgrade, allowing you to save money/ingredients.

Ohh so you can upgrade either with Kraken Eye or with money\gems,so eye is just the alternative and not the nessesary component?Now it makes sense!

Edited by Kovil, 03 April 2019 - 09:19 AM.

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 15246 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Exactly.

bugarup

bugarup

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 354 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

For making you feel guilty about stealing it from that barkeep, of course.  :shifty:

• Franknstein and Frak like this

asnjas

asnjas

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 199 posts
Would have been funny if obs also added a recipe to make +3 might food or something requiring a kraken eye, rice and water.

Edited by asnjas, 04 April 2019 - 05:03 AM.

Frak

Frak

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 444 posts

For making you feel guilty about stealing it from that barkeep, of course.  :shifty:

It works, too. I can steal it, but not without a tinge of guilt.

• bugarup likes this

Kovil

Kovil

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 36 posts

Okay...Maybe im dumb or something but how do I use the Kraken's Eye to upgrade my gear?No such option is available for me.

bringingyouthefuture

bringingyouthefuture

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 375 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I think you need to have at least 2 of them :)

Edit:  Not sure though but without 2 I think the option is not there and how many are there is the real question!!

Spoiler

Edited by bringingyouthefuture, 04 April 2019 - 01:09 PM.

Kovil

Kovil

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 36 posts

I think you need to have at least 2 of them :)

Edit:  Not sure though but without 2 I think the option is not there and how many are there is the real question!!

Spoiler

ohhh...pretty weird,not showing the player what this thing is used for,but anyway ty =)

bringingyouthefuture

bringingyouthefuture

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 375 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Its a left over from POE1 - in that game you used it to upgrade your armor or weapon, can't remember which one, but yeah :)

Kovil

Kovil

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 36 posts

Yeah,one of the most impressive questlines in the game imo!

Spoiler

Edited by Kovil, 04 April 2019 - 02:18 PM.

• bringingyouthefuture likes this

Franknstein

Franknstein

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 104 posts
The eye is used to remind the barkeep in port Maje about the proudest day in his life. He gets so sad if it's lost...
  • bringingyouthefuture likes this

Kovil

Kovil

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 36 posts

The eye is used to remind the barkeep in port Maje about the proudest day in his life. He gets so sad if it's lost...

So cruel!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users