nfl 2019-2020

Gromnir

The evils of prostitution aside, I cant help but raise my eyebrows that a 77-yo Kraft went for the threesome option. :lol:

this kinda "raise my eyebrows"?

4949edabec2ae496fdee21b2856e2ff7.gif

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

And...Adam Schefter of ESPN (their top reporter) reports that Cowboys DT David Irving is also being reviewed for suspension. What's up with Cowboys and defensive linemen and drugs? DeMarcus Lawrence (amphetamines) and Greg Hardy (cocaine, general violence) have had also had drug problems.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Cowboys DE Randy Gregory suspended indefinitely.

*sigh* Just make weed legal already.

is perhaps a non-sequitur, and if so, you may ignore, but to our recollection, there were only one substance abuse violation by gregory we know were marijuana.  the other suspensions never had specific offending drug disclosed due to privacy issues o' team and league.  as such, is possible legalization o' marijuana would be complete irrelevant to Gregory's present circumstances.

am not complete opposed to legalization o' marijuana save for recognition o' irony.  the only group o' people serious endangered by marijuana use is the folks most likely to use marijuana: young persons.  until brain develops complete, which has no set date but happens early-to-mid twenties for many folks, marijuana is genuine harmful.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3479587/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4936934/

so, the people most likely to be harmed by marijuana use is the folks least likely to know o' dangers and is the folks most likely to use.  

make marijuana use ok for folks over 25?  wouldn't bother us in the least.

HA! Good Fun! 

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

The Montreal Alouettes have released Johnny Manziel for a breach of contract. Whatever he did was bad enough the CFL has forbidden any other team to sign him: https://www.sbnation.com/2019/2/27/18243427/johnny-manziel-released-montreal-alouettes-statement-cfl

When Canada is so mad at you they kick you out you KNOW you've f----d up!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

with john defillipo in jacksonville, pundits is predicting foles going to jaguars.  am unconvinced.  if jacksonville don't push hard for foles, am thinking it is a telling sign.  

witten was pretty good in the booth.  collinsworth and romo is our current top two for color guys doing nfl game commentary, but witten is 'mongst three guys immediate behind top spots. would prefer to see him in booth as 'posed to getting beat up on the field. witten suffered more than a couple concussions over the years.  as such, am kinda disappointed to see him return to the field, but wish him luck all the same.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

Jason Witten Comes Out of Retirement, Signs 1-Year Contract with Cowboys.

Great player but his time has passed. I would rather see him in a booth than to diminish his legacy by hanging on too long. :(

Can't say I'm sad to see him go from the booth - he and the rest of the ESPN team were quite dreadful last year, and between Tessitore's painful screeching every time something moderately exciting happened, Booger's cackling and bouts of bizarre insanity, and Witten repeatedly failing to get player names right, inexplicably failing to respond to / pick up after Tessitore and leaving tons of dead air, and simply saying all sorts of incomprehensible stuff, I frequently muted and/or turned off MNF games entirely rather than listen to that clownshow. Maybe he would've eventually gotten better, but he will not be missed in the booth by anyone that I know.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

Jason Witten Comes Out of Retirement, Signs 1-Year Contract with Cowboys.

Great player but his time has passed. I would rather see him in a booth than to diminish his legacy by hanging on too long. :(

And they paid him $5M. Crazy money for a 37 year old backup.

On the other hand, I thought they were crazy dealing a first round pick for Amari Cooper, and that turned out fine in the end.

I'll do it, for a turnip.

DnD item quality description mod (for PoE2) by peardox

nfl combine

day 1 had a couple ol improve their stock.  andre dillard had one o' the better ol combine performances in recent memory.  has all the physical tools, but needs to be coached up as he plays too tall-- must learn to keep his arse down and punch much lower.

greg little, one o' the top ol draft prospects apparent looked bad in drills, but we didn't see any such so am only repeating pundit assessment.  his measurables were also below average with poor 40, disappointing vertical and refusing to bench. pro day will be extreme important for little.

will update this post with a few standouts and disappointments. 

day 2 disappointments: all the qbs.

am knowing rich eisen and a few espn folks were impressed by arm strength o' jackson and haskins, but the footwork for both were atrocious and jackson, in particular, has almost a kinda windup release.  none o' the top guys got the ball out fast and with great accuracy, at least not today, and none o' s'posed top guys were consistent. actually liked northwestern's clayton thorson best based on what he did in skills portion o' the combine.  maybe didn't have quite the strength as a few other guys, but he had sound mechanics and delivered a nice ball every single time.

second biggest disappointment: broad jump measurements.

am suspecting half o' the broad jump participants from day 2 is gonna have their unofficials reduced by a couple inches. saw multiple guys hop and skid forward. got measured where they ended rather than where they hit the turf.  

te is a logjam o' three with smith, fant and hockenson being only guys who deserve round one or two grades.  hockenson showed why bench press can be so misleading, 'cause while fant and smith had better bp, hockenson were dominant in the blocking drills.  three bears? hockenson is gonna be a dependable pass receiver (very good hands, but can improve routes) but is a good enough blocker to take on most nfl de and olb.  fant is a great pass catcher and has enough strength to block, but doesn't.  irv smith is a great combination o' blocking and pass receiving, but isn't best in either category. 

wr.

hmm.

dk metcalf had one o' those vernon davis kinda combines.  looks like a big lb and has lb kinda strength, but he runs like a db and his vertical were near tops for wrs as well.  played half the year and weren't exact tearing it up in mississippi when he were healthy. had two good games: ul monroe and kent. lsu shut him down and only had 2 receptions 'gainst bama, though one did go long for a td. regardless, combine were fantastic.

aj brown ran a 4.49.  doesn't sound fantasmagoric, but he were so dominant on the field, particularly in terms o' yac, 4.49 is gonna be more than enough to keep him in conversation for top wr in the 2019 draft.  looked good in drills with nice adjustments made to a couple poor thrown balls.   

behind metcalf as the guy who did most to improve stock at wr (perhaps did more as metcalf were already considered top five) were miles boykin.  ran 4.42 at 6'4" and 220lbs. broad jump were second best at 11'8" and vertical were a current combine best at 43.5".  routes coulda' been better, but were better than average, and he showed great hands and nice tracking to a couple poor passes. 

perhaps most fun moment from day 2 were when nfl network showed nd teammates react to boykin's 40. 

https://twitter.com/i/status/1101903583161827330

boykin were kinda a projected third or fourth round guy before today.  might move up to second round, possible early second.

regardless, after seeing qbs, am understanding why murray, who did not participate at the combine other than to have height and weight measured, is now considered the top qb prospect in the draft. kinda sucks for teams in need o' qb as they is gonna need fight with each other, sacrificing current and future draft picks, to get the likes o' haskins, lock and jones.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 1

KjcP8lM.jpg

Guess the only team without at least an NFCCG appearance not named either the Redskins or the Lions? :devil:

P.S. I still don't know anything about college ball, so I still can't talk the draft, :(.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

Guess the only team without at least an NFCCG appearance not named either the Redskins or the Lions? :devil:

P.S. I still don't know anything about college ball, so I still can't talk the draft, :(.

bartimaeus may join any group o' college football fans discussing the game using any o' the three following observations:

1) "alabama or ohio state should win the cfp every year. just look at the draft."

2) "defensive coordinator at a big 12 school is probably the worst job in college football.  these guys make seventy calls in a game and get less than two minutes total to make those calls, then thy get vivisected by fans and journalists for the next six days because of all the mistakes they made."

3) "notre dame is overrated."

obvious the 'bove three observations will get you more mileage depending on who you are speaking to/with.  for example, an ohio state fan might balk at implication they is underperforming in spite o' overwhelming talent.  is the reason we offer three options.  regardless, drop one o' the three into a discussion by college football fans will get you instant credibility. 

am personal liking college more than nfl.  take a look at the twitter link we posted in our preceding post.  compare to cba stories and stuff like the antonio brown kerfuffle.  call it naïve, but the college kids is, for the most part, still playing for the love o' the game, and even the ohio states and alabamas have walk-on kids who not only make the team, but is starters and even stars for their teams.  at college level, heart means more.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

Jachai Pollite was one of the possible draft picks slated for the Packers at 12, but seems to have dropped it big time at the combine. Performed poorly both physically and at the interviews. Dropping out of the 1st round even it seems.

I'm putting my bet on Ed Oliver for the 12th pick currently.

Apparently Kyler Murray rubbed some teams the wrong way during interviews at the combine: https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-rumors-kyler-murray-struggled-004119468.html

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Apparently Kyler Murray rubbed some teams the wrong way during interviews at the combine: https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-rumors-kyler-murray-struggled-004119468.html

The Cardinals seem to be all in on him regardless though.

The interesting thing is Josh Rosen however. I think there's a team which has a great chance to get a very promising QB at a steal price.